What's new

dlsite folder organizer

Alocks

Lurker
Reputation score
Update: Now searchs by folder name(game name), and adds [RJXXXXXX] in the folder's name if found the right title.
code.JPG
just made a simple script (Python) to organize the folders from my HDD. I gave up understanding what's happening in my folders after naming folders like idk10, idk11, idk12 each with like 40 games lol.

How it works:
any folder that contains 'RJ...." in the same path as the script will be renamed to "game_name [RJXXXXXX]", and will be moved to "output/game_maker[RGXXXXXXX]",
plus, inside the folder of the game will be added the game image (RJXXXXXX_img_main.jpg) from dlsite.

like here:
haja.JPG

TO-DO:
-look into subdirectories
-offline database to check if the game already exists (Duplicated games or different versions)
-Compile to make user-friendly
-Async

Recommended Python 3
Need to install bs4 and requests modules.
I will compile later to make easier to run, since is kinda annoying if you don't know how to run scripts lol

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
You put more effort in than I do, mine are all ' New Folder * ' XD , they also tend to be filled with ' New Folder * ' s .

OP
Alocks

Alocks

Lurker
Reputation score
You put more effort in than I do, mine are all ' New Folder * ' XD , they also tend to be filled with ' New Folder * ' s .
Lol Isn't like have any diff naming with "idk". Like
diff.JPG
only music and popsbackup aren't doujin folders hahaha
I even forgot why "specific" and "prad" folders exits. I just remember I sepparated smth