What's new

Dlsite problems

PaizuriMaster

Reputation score
I've been having an issue with a few games lately especially those that run with RGSS player. My game will either not launch period, or like when I'm on my other computer where the game is downloaded I get this error. ファイルGraphics/Titles/タイトルが见つかりません," which supposedly means files are not found when everything in those folders seem fine and in place. I have no idea what to do anymore at this point, I just want to play the game on my other computer.
Is the game I'm trying to play there is another thread here on it but it's mainly a guide through it. Another game I'm trying to play is Cornelica Town of Succubi. This game's issue is a little different The animation speeds are slow like at a very slow frame rate for some odd reason. But yet animation speeds for . Monster Girl Labyrinth animations work fine and they're both by dieselmine so I assumed they would require the same amount of specs.
Specs:
Lenovo ThinkCentre SFF PC
AMD Phenom X2 B57 Processor 3.20Ghz
6GB of ram
240psu
Nvidia Geforce 730
500GB hard drive with a windows 7 pro operating system.
That's all I know of since I'm not too know it all or fancy with tech.
Any answer would be VERY much appreciated!

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Believe it or not RPG Maker, while being a very lightweight engine, can still suffer from performance loss due to the developer not optimizing game assets. Or chugging way too much stuff in such a lightweight engine.

And that cpu of yours won't really help at all.

But you have to know that even people with high end gaming PCs can suffer from frame drops in some RPG Maker games. And a lot of users here can confirm that. So I'd say that the issue isn't on your end. It's all unoptimized crap, to say it frankly

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Wild guess : do you have the proper RTP ? And by that I mean the japanese version of it ? Dlsite page says "made with Tkool XP", you'll want to get the RPGmaker XP RTP (japanese language), try Googling that around and download whatever seems like a legit file (should be around 150MB)

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Missing file with japanese name can be due to missing the RTP (as Omnikuken said), or having the name messed up while uncompressing the archive because your system isn't set to japanese.

you may want to check if there a file with a messed up name in the game sub folder indicated. If yes, change the name to the real name (copy error pop up, past it in word, copy the file name, rename the file with it) - work only with very limited number of missing file.
Or you can set your local system to japanese and extract the game again (or use emulating tool for that - NTLEA, Local Emulator, virtual machine, sijunzip for extracting zip file).
If there no file in the folder, it's an RTP issu.

Other possibility - the file is here and with the correct name => it's one of the game you need to have your local setting in japanese to play.

You can also try to change the game path to make sure there no japanese in it, it sometime help.

As for game crashing as soon as they start, it's often either 1) AV problem (add exception or turn off the AV to check) 2) a problem of "read only" setting for the game folder / file 3) some trouble with save file (delete the save folder or the save files).

Turrican

Reputation score
by chance, is that you can not play for the Japanese language?

OP
P

PaizuriMaster

Reputation score
Missing file with japanese name can be due to missing the RTP (as Omnikuken said), or having the name messed up while uncompressing the archive because your system isn't set to japanese.

you may want to check if there a file with a messed up name in the game sub folder indicated. If yes, change the name to the real name (copy error pop up, past it in word, copy the file name, rename the file with it) - work only with very limited number of missing file.
Or you can set your local system to japanese and extract the game again (or use emulating tool for that - NTLEA, Local Emulator, virtual machine, sijunzip for extracting zip file).
If there no file in the folder, it's an RTP issu.

Other possibility - the file is here and with the correct name => it's one of the game you need to have your local setting in japanese to play.

You can also try to change the game path to make sure there no japanese in it, it sometime help.

As for game crashing as soon as they start, it's often either 1) AV problem (add exception or turn off the AV to check) 2) a problem of "read only" setting for the game folder / file 3) some trouble with save file (delete the save folder or the save files).
THANKS!!! I already had my local system in Japanese. Tried one of those emulators you mentioned "sijunzip" which I've tried using in the past but for some reason didn't work. However, the (Locale Emulator) one was the only one that worked!!! No more missing files or any error thanks a bunch! I seriously thought I was going to have to wait until I invest in upgrading to another computer or something!

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
THANKS!!! I already had my local system in Japanese. Tried one of those emulators you mentioned "sijunzip" which I've tried using in the past but for some reason didn't work. However, the (Locale Emulator) one was the only one that worked!!! No more missing files or any error thanks a bunch! I seriously thought I was going to have to wait until I invest in upgrading to another computer or something!
Happy you managed to sort through things!
At any rate, you should know that you almost definitely are not in Japanese locale; Locale Emulator only tries to emulate a Jap locale for the program you try to run with it - if you actually were in Japanese locale, you defo wouldn't need it...

Sjisunzip needs the .zip file you want to extract with it to be NOT set to read-only, and it will work and unzip just fine. I think that may have been your problem there.