What's new

RPG Patreon RPG Maker NTR [Kolren] Domination Quest

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello all.

This is the first game I actually release (well, kinda of) for other people to see. I’ve worked on other games before but I always kept them between friends or just to myself. If you have any suggestion, compliment, criticism, bug/bad grammar report or question can be either posted on this thread or sent to my email, that can be found at my profile.

Currently the game has four people in the development team: Me, Kolren, as writter. OneEye as the mapper. GreyBones as the eventer. And Mothking as the artist.

About the Game

Domination Quest is made using the RPG Maker MV engine, so there’s no need to install an RTP to play it anymore. The game is just an exe you can download the latest version at the end of this post. Another significant difference is that you now can also play you’re your mouse, so you get one free hand at all times. Yay \o/

History

Asus is the daughter of an ex-adventurer. After her mom retired from doing big jobs she and her family moved to the little village of Bordon, in the Grasslands. But Asus’ family isn’t a normal one: her mother is a very dominant type, who likes to make people serve her, man and woman alike. Influenced by her mother, Asus trained her entire life together with her effeminate childhood friend, Mile, to be an adventurer and get people to serve her just like her mother.

But right on the day she and Mile were old enough to become adventurers a succubus appeared near the village. She told them that the demon lords are infiltrating the mortal realm under disguise. Asus makes a pact with the demoness and now, with the help of the succubus magic, she’ll try to stop the demonic takeover while getting a few pets during the way.

Latest Version Notes:
And it's finally here. This is the last story update to the game and the official end of the project. Well, official only in the sense there's nothing else to add to it besides the art that's still being done. This update adds the final string of events and completes this version of Domination Quest. Is not what I first envisioned, by far, but it's still good to say it's finally finished after almost 3 years of development.

The release took way longer than expected to get out because Mars had a problem with his HD, resulting in him losing all of his work on the last few maps and me getting a new job on top of the holidays and family was over and by the end of it I had to make the ending faster than intended for the sake of closure. There's a new CG leaving 21 to be done and once they are all inside I'll finally mark the game as its 1.0 version. There'll be a post on Patreon and the blog soon regarding the next project but for now thanks for everyone that played this game. I know it's really faulty and even taxing at certain spots, but I just glad I finally officially finished a project.

Due to the delay in the release, I decided to skip a bit of the time-gating stuff and do a full public release right out of the gate in hopes of compensating for it a bit.
How to Install an Update Patch:
Download the patch and unzip it on top of the old game folder, replacing all files it asks to.

Last edited by a moderator:

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Domination Quest V0.S1.1

clicky clicky

Abelproo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hi downloading the game 2 see iff its nc :D

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nossiob. Thanks for linking, you help is appreciated.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

the mc is a female atleast, that's worth the time to check this game out.

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the mc is a female atleast, that's worth the time to check this game out.
Glad you think so, the first scope of the game, when it was still called Legend of the Overlady, had a female mc precisely because I found a lack of dominant female protagonists in these games.

chibataue

Cthulhu
Reputation score

have some screens? it's a BF game?

rimyirr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Played it a few months ago. No sex pics but text description is quite good.
Gameplay and story is decent. Although becomes grindy sometimes.
Usually, I don't play games with female protagonist. But it didn't bother me in this game, probably because she can develop a dick at will :)

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

have some screens? it's a BF game?
For now the only screens I have is some maps and a exempla image done by Nekalandrell. I'll make more decent images in by next release, once the game CG is added and we have a good chunck of playable content. And sorry, what is a BF game?

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well the story is pretty good. I think itll be a nice play through when the scenes get added. also, the art looks really good.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Played it a few months ago. No sex pics but text description is quite good.
Gameplay and story is decent. Although becomes grindy sometimes.
Usually, I don't play games with female protagonist. But it didn't bother me in this game, probably because she can develop a dick at will :)
Yeah. New graphics looks really good, but the potential grindiness has gone up 10x. I liked before that combat was pretty quick as really, unless it's GOR or some other scenes after losing battles (fights are something other than grinding XP), the fights are the weakest part.

But seems enemies numbers are way up (died in first fight after intro, hit 5x enemies in one fight with my 2 1st level guys), damage and skills for your guys are down. See longer fights ahead, and many more trips for healing and pots.

Put it aside after first town, will see if it changes with more development. Doesn't help my old system runs it a little slow, so loading and combat drags.

Pity as the story content and humor was right up my alley :). Good luck with the project anyway.

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah. New graphics looks really good, but the potential grindiness has gone up 10x. I liked before that combat was pretty quick as really, unless it's GOR or some other scenes after losing battles (fights are something other than grinding XP), the fights are the weakest part.

But seems enemies numbers are way up (died in first fight after intro, hit 5x enemies in one fight with my 2 1st level guys), damage and skills for your guys are down. See longer fights ahead, and many more trips for healing and pots.

Put it aside after first town, will see if it changes with more development. Doesn't help my old system runs it a little slow, so loading and combat drags.

Pity as the story content and humor was right up my alley :). Good luck with the project anyway.
Believe me, it may seems like the fights are longer, but you actually need very few gridding to get through the game in this new scheme. The first area is an exemple. The only kind of ridding required if you want to pass it with easy are around three battles to get everyone to level 2. The way I'm working with experience and quest rewards in this new version will actually progress your character to be more or less in shape to the future parts.

So, taking this version as exemple: To get from level 1 to level 3 (the ideal level to have before leaving Verdant), you need to fight 3 battles to get to Level 2 and them complete the main quest, that will get you to level 3. If you complete the sidequests they will take you around 70%~80% to level 4. The pace will be kept more or less the same for the entire game, so you shouldn't need to worry about gridding. And it also need to be noted that, while they were faster, the old combat system had a flaw that its rewards were too little to compensate the player going through the trouble of doing them outside of quests. Now you'll get properly rewarded in the end of each battle.

And, as I said in the blog in the first release, keep in mind that all battles were designed with 4 party members active at all times. It's possible to take 3 or 4 enemies with just 2 party members, but I don't recomend pushing your luck too much.

For the perfomace issue: It's a memory leak problem with RPG Maker MV. There's no official fix yet, but I'm testing a fan-made fix and it seems to be working. If it really works I'll includ eit in the next update later this week, when the busts will be added to the game.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Believe me, it may seems like the fights are longer, but you actually need very few gridding to get through the game in this new scheme. The first area is an exemple. The only kind of ridding required if you want to pass it with easy are around three battles to get everyone to level 2. The way I'm working with experience and quest rewards in this new version will actually progress your character to be more or less in shape to the future parts.

So, taking this version as exemple: To get from level 1 to level 3 (the ideal level to have before leaving Verdant), you need to fight 3 battles to get to Level 2 and them complete the main quest, that will get you to level 3. If you complete the sidequests they will take you around 70%~80% to level 4. The pace will be kept more or less the same for the entire game, so you shouldn't need to worry about gridding. And it also need to be noted that, while they were faster, the old combat system had a flaw that its rewards were too little to compensate the player going through the trouble of doing them outside of quests. Now you'll get properly rewarded in the end of each battle.

And, as I said in the blog in the first release, keep in mind that all battles were designed with 4 party members active at all times. It's possible to take 3 or 4 enemies with just 2 party members, but I don't recomend pushing your luck too much.

For the perfomace issue: It's a memory leak problem with RPG Maker MV. There's no official fix yet, but I'm testing a fan-made fix and it seems to be working. If it really works I'll includ eit in the next update later this week, when the busts will be added to the game.
Cool, will keep an eye on the blog for that fix. Hope that works out for you because yeah that's an impact on anyone with older systems.

Heh the combat death was just unlucky then. Was one of those ambushes when you change maps, moved 3 squares and got jumped by enemies on the first screen and they happened to have the max(?) number of enemies for my two guys. Two moles, two hornets (one was upper level) and a carrot!

From a purely mechanics standpoint (and personal preference), when you mean more gains from combat to make it worth it, what type of gains? The gains are for XP or loot in order to survive the next area...

Little confused as you mentioned you've made it so it's worth it now to kill them, but also mentioned with quests it's not needed as quests are enough to advance to the next level. So if the combat rewards are not needed (in a PC level VS map enemy sort of way), how are more combat rewards worth it?
Just more of an option for folks who like to power level and crush later in the story? Because (for me) as soon as combat (just for loot/XP) isn't actually needed to move to the next area, that is my reward. Sorry kinda hard to put the question into words.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cool, will keep an eye on the blog for that fix. Hope that works out for you because yeah that's an impact on anyone with older systems.

Heh the combat death was just unlucky then. Was one of those ambushes when you change maps, moved 3 squares and got jumped by enemies on the first screen and they happened to have the max(?) number of enemies for my two guys. Two moles, two hornets (one was upper level) and a carrot!

From a purely mechanics standpoint (and personal preference), when you mean more gains from combat to make it worth it, what type of gains? The gains are for XP or loot in order to survive the next area...

Little confused as you mentioned you've made it so it's worth it now to kill them, but also mentioned with quests it's not needed as quests are enough to advance to the next level. So if the combat rewards are not needed (in a PC level VS map enemy sort of way), how are more combat rewards worth it?
Just more of an option for folks who like to power level and crush later in the story? Because (for me) as soon as combat (for XP) isn't actually needed to move to the next area, that is my reward. Sorry kinda hard to put the question into words.
I know. I have an kinda of older system myself (i3 with 4 GB of ram, no video card), so I was suffering to tets the game with the crashed caused by the memory leak, which became much greater due the problem being the change of parallaxes and opening of menus. But the crashes seemed to have stopped here, so, while the game still lags some times, it doesn't get to unplayable levels. Note that I say this while running the game test with MV, so it should be even smoother with just the game on.

And yes, you wer epretty unlucky there. Every enemy has a change to start a battle against a gorup of 3, 4 or 5 enemies. Getting five enemies is actually the lowest chance of the bunch, being 15%. 3 enemies have a 50% chance and 4 35%. The enemies are randomly generated, so there's also that.

And by more gains I mean XP, gold and loot in general. The old fights rewarded veyr little XP, gold was either too few or too much and loot was pratically nonexistent or the drop chance was too low. Now the gold will be more balanced, so you'll have always a good flux to keep you supplied for new equipment and items. Loot is also more present, specially restoring items, to help the player survivability.

And you're half right about in your statements. You can advance through the main quest with not needing to fight random enemies in the road, or just very few of them. It'll be harder, of course, but this also means you can decide how much grinding you want to do. So you can play two ways: either do the main quest and all side quests, which will keep you more or less in the appropriate level for the next step, or you can grind you way through the mobs until you reach the region max level and do the main quests more easily, since most of the enemies there are level locked. It's kinda of a way to choose how hard you want the game to be. DO it with the minimum and have a more challenging time, or spend more time preparating before going more smoothly to the game content.

Patho

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello, it might seem stupid but, after repelling the bandit attack, how do you get to Riverbank ?

Edit : Yup, triple checked every corner, even with the mouse, talked to everyone, cannot get to Riverbank.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello, it might seem stupid but, after repelling the bandit attack, how do you get to Riverbank ?

Edit : Yup, triple checked every corner, even with the mouse, talked to everyone, cannot get to Riverbank.
Riverbank isn't implemented yet. Verdant is the end of the content for this version. I'll be adding messages telling when the version content ends in the future to avoid these kind of questions in future releases, since I'm receiving a ton of them.

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Domination Quest V0.S1.2 PUBLIC [26/06/16]

New version is out with a few grammar and bug fixes, as well as a fix for the deadly memory leak problem. While not a permaent or an official solution, it will help improve the game performace, specially for the players with weakers systems.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ouch, no method to restock item supplies nor way to revive fallen allies nor way to rest in the inn, after you triggered the battle with the Orc. You're in for a hard fight if you didn't manage to keep everyone alive.

This game is a sadist and want me to prostrate submissively. ;_;

OP
K

Kolren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ouch, no method to restock item supplies nor way to revive fallen allies nor way to rest in the inn, after you triggered the battle with the Orc. You're in for a hard fight if you didn't manage to keep everyone alive.

This game is a sadist and want me to prostrate submissively. ;_;
Well, you just hitted the hardest bottom possible with this fight. As a tip, just try to save your MP to when you really need use, and don't eb shy to use Mile's skill. As for itens, it's possible to go with just the drops if you don't overheal too much with the potions. But you can stock a little before the fight if you want to.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, you just hitted the hardest bottom possible with this fight. As a tip, just try to save your MP to when you really need use, and don't eb shy to use Mile's skill. As for itens, it's possible to go with just the drops if you don't overheal too much with the potions. But you can stock a little before the fight if you want to.
Yeah, i just shocked at the fact that i effectively fucked myself up when i overwrites my only save there with the mage fallen and everyone's HP about 50% and MP at 30%. :p

It was still very early in the game and plot so i never thought i will find myself in a situation like this where the only sure-way out is to restart over. Thankfully it is still early in the game so i didn't lose much, and i hope in the future you give us a much more apparent warning if such situation is a possibility, where if you don't have a spare save then you're done for.

Which kinda reminds me, there is this certain Dungeon Crawler game with save everywhere feature, and a timed gimmick in one of its dungeon where if you fail it is an instant game over. Of course the game reminds the players heavily to not save while that gimmick is active and prepare spare saves to prevent the players from deadlocking themself. :p

Last edited: