What's new

Duel, [Iris Vs. Luna]

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This is how it'll work, you'll each send me your actions via PM, when I've received both actions, I'll post the outcome in this thread.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Duel, [Iris Vs. Luna]

(Luna attacks)

Luna flew at Iris with lightning speed, Iris barely managed to put her guard up as Luna's strike sent her landing on her rear.

(Iris attacks)

Iris quickly got back up, slashing at Luna furiously. Luna quickly side stepped and ducked every swing.

*After I send you PM's, you may send your actions to me.*

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Luna attacks, aggressive stance)

Luna charges once more, unleashing a barrage of swings as Iris was put entirely on the defensive. It was all she could do to block Luna's aggressive swings.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna taunts Iris, "What's the matter? It's boring if you don't-" she rushes in with her blade barred, "Attack!"

(Iris and Luna cross swords!)

Both girls rush in aggressively, dancing with their blades, clash after clash echoes through the lobby, until they both locked swords.

Iris launches the hilt of her blade at Luna's blade, knocking her off balance as Iris launches a kick to the body that sends Luna stepping back.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Luna attacks, aggressive stance)

(Iris predicts her attack)

Luna charged in again, and Iris foresaw what she was going to do. Iris quickly dodged away from Luna's furious barrage of attacks, then delivered a kick to Luna's stomach when she saw an opening, taking some steps back as Luna held her gut in pain.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both girls stave off their attack, circling around each other, as if waiting for the other to do something.

(Luna and Iris cross swords!)

Getting tired of waiting, both girls strike at each other. Again and again they strike, until Luna delivers a heavy horizontal swing, which Iris barely managed to block.

As Iris stepped back a little, Luna leaps at Iris, feet first, and delivers a heavy kick, nearly knocking Iris over.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Luna waits to counter a fierce attack)

(Iris attacks aggressively)

Iris charges at Luna, giving it her all. Luna awaits her to strike, then catches Iris's blade with her own, whisking it away as it lands into the wall, leaving Iris defenseless.

Without hesitating, Iris delivered a kick to Luna's hands, as her blade flies in the other direction, sliding against the ground.

(Both girls have disarmed each other, rendering the fight, a draw.)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

A smile crossed Luna's face at the outcome of the duel, it had been ages since she fought to a standstill with another in a sword fight... barring the supernatural of course.

Extending her right hand towards her opponent, it would appear she was pleased with the turn of events, and was now offering a gesture of friendship.

"Excellent...A good fight, it surely was. Shall we dance again another time Miss...?"

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Iris was surprised. It had been a very long time sense she had fought someone like her. Someone with so much skill and passion. She seemed a tad crazed but still, she was a great swords woman. She had Iris's respect.

Seeing the girl extend her hand in friendship and offering another match some time made Iris feel pleased. Iris was about to shake the girls hand when she saw something well... Down right freaked her out.

This girl had a birthmark on her extended hand that looked like a moon crest. Why did this freak Iris out? For two reasons. For starters she had the same birthmark on her hand! The second reason was Iris's father once said that every girl on her mothers side of the family had the same mark!

Iris's eyes opened up wide from shock and awe and quietly muttered out-

" Oh... Oh my god... Your hand... "

Iris then held up her hand, showing the girl that she had the same birthmark on the same spot on her hand.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well this is a striking coincidence... two warriors with the same sign on the back of their hands... Amusing."

It wasn't that Luna didn't care for the fact that they had the same birthmark, it was that she couldn't understand what the mark's true meaning was, having forgotten most, if not all of her life before her insane fanaticism drove her on the path of endless crusades. Staring quizzically at the girl in front of her, Luna expressed confusion towards Iris's reaction.

"What of it?..."

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

This girl didn't understand. If she was related to Iris, if she could be her sister, then her mother had never told her about the family birthmark. That or she had forgotten. Thinking more deeply about it this girl was so much like Iris in the way she fought. This girls fighting skills deeply reminded Iris of her fathers.

Iris, still in a state of shock, let a sigh out and began talking. Iris said-

" A long while ago... Before ou- my father died he told me about my mothers side of the family. He told me that all girls on that side of the family were born with this birthmark! "

Iris then put her hand down and waited for a reply.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Is...that so? How... intriguing..."

Deja vu?...Couldn't be, right? Luna stood there, staring at her birthmark blankly, apparently trying hard to remember anything regarding it. This effort turned out fruitless however, as the only memories that were brought vividly to mind, was that of her "cleansing" and the day she had been "baptized in blood" as the "one who judges the worth of the world". Anything beyond that was...fuzzy.

"I'm afraid you may be mistaken... A cleanser of the unworthy has no family... none that I can remember at the very least...Perhaps you have mistaken me for another?"

That being said, the birthmark continued to tug at some sealed corridors of her mind despite what she had said. Almost as if to remind her of something important.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

A cleanser of the unworthy? What the hell was she talking about? Whoever this girl was, some bad things must of happened to her to make her like the way she is. Iris then belived it. This girl... She had to be related. SHe used a sword just like her father did and had the damn mark. Iris was in shock, but she was still going to talk to this girl about this. Iris spoke up and said-

" It's hard to belive but...Well... Think of it like this. Wouldn't you say we fight in a very simular fasion?"
[/QUOTE]

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"True...however, surely this could be mere coincidence? After all, I have taught myself the art of the sword by honing my original instincts upon awakening to the truth of this world and I have refined it with the slaying of sinners..."

That being said, it did not dawn on Luna to question "why" she had already been fairly adept with the sword since her "awakening". To her, her talents and skill with the sword were innate, although whether or not they truly were was a different story.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Iris knew right then and there that this girl had something horrible happen to her to make her crazy and forget everything of her past. The way she spoke was just insain. Iris knew this person was a bit of a nut but still, she was sure she was her family. Family was important.

Iris wondered if there was any other way she could prove to this girl that she was related. Iris then said-
" You truly belive that it is mere coincidence that we both have the same mark and simular fighting styles? Isn't there any way you could be convinced otherwise? "
Iris said that with some concern in her tone.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

(( Heads up, I'm doing a quest with a friend of mine in an mmo. I may not be back for a little bit to post. ))

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"I...don't know..."

Unsure of how to respond, Luna began to ponder more heavily regarding the circumstances surrounding her. First, she was humiliated by a "goddess" in combat, after which the world was thrown into turmoil, and now a person who managed to survive the chaos was claiming to be her relative? Her, a person who had no name up until recently and lived only to cleanse the world of all its sinners?... It seemed her single purpose in life before had suddenly become unclear all of a sudden, her "unbreakable determination" did not seem as "invincible" as it was before. Why?

"I suppose we could treat each other as blood regardless for the moment, however I can not promise more... not at such a critical time."

Hatred... the hatred that had been burning within her had suddenly vanished. This realization caused her to collapse to her knees and put her hand to her mouth, as if the revelation that her intense hate had been dispelled caused her to become horribly ill. No one as far as she could remember, had shown concern to her, and thus she was not prepared for how "horrifying" it was. Her strong resolve to tear the Goddess into multiple pieces had disappeared simply because someone had shown her a small bit of kindness. Was she truly that weak?

No... my soul isn't as weak as she claimed... I am the one who cleanses the Earth with an iron will, I can not and will not falter in my objectives... I must not...

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Iris saw what happened to the girl after she had finished speaking. Iris was... Happy that this girl could accept her as blood but... Seeing the girl this way... It was upsetting Iris. Iris wondered why the girl was like this. Was she in shock or something?

Iris got down on her knees, she gently clasped the girls shoulders like their father use to do to Iris. With concern in her voice Iris looked at the girl and said-

" Are... Are you going to be alright? "
Iris kept her hands on the girls shoulders and waited for an answer.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Luna's reaction to the kindness Iris displayed was like that of a frightened animal's, attempting to shake her off as she spoke in ragged bursts.

"Please...Stop... I can't afford...to be weak..not before I get revenge..."

And the description was fitting, for she was truly afraid. Afraid of a peace that she had never experienced as far as she could remember, afraid of how uneasy that peace made her feel, and how it distanced her from the only thing she truly had, her "principles".

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Hearing what the girl said Irir's grip of her slightly tightened. Why was she talking about being weak and revenge. What had happened to her? What made her like this? Iris didn't know but she wasn't going to just leave this girl like this.

Making eye contact Iris spoke to the girl in a heart filled and concerned tone-

" I...I can't leave you like this...I Can't... "
Iris kept her hands on the girls shoulders. Iris was starting to lean closer to the girl, as if she was about to hug the girl...