What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [dystopianproject] Overgrown Genesis

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex Zombie

I have ammo.. (img). I think that the weapons i have are somehow bugged. I went back to the first areas and i got stuck inside the area where the first gun is found (img2).. ack I guess i have to start from the beginning..*sighs*

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game bears a striking resemblance to one I remember seeing back on Steam sometime ago called Eaten Alive, not sure if anyone else has mentioned that yet but regardless... enjoyed the game so far! Can't wait to see how things progress in the future, particularly fond of the atmosphere and world you've built so far, great stuff!

Catgarius3396

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game bears a striking resemblance to one I remember seeing back on Steam sometime ago called Eaten Alive, not sure if anyone else has mentioned that yet but regardless... enjoyed the game so far! Can't wait to see how things progress in the future, particularly fond of the atmosphere and world you've built so far, great stuff!
store.steampowered.com/app/403560/Eaten_Alive/ sure is waaay to similar :eek:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

store.steampowered.com/app/403560/Eaten_Alive/ sure is waaay to similar :eek:
It's because these games use the same commercial RPG Maker tileset and graphics pack. It's called "pop horror" or something.

Last edited:

darkdesire666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just finished playing up to the latest part, pretty decent game so far.

What I liked:
- Side quests feel optional and don't give you super rewards, which I like.
- Having limited resources and the concept that you should be running away from zombies instead of shooting them. The concept of being able to buy infinite bullets is pretty dumb in a horror game. You're trying to survive the zombie apocalypse, not rambo it. In that sense, this game does it pretty well. However, I feel that the amount of supplies found should be less. If bottled water and food is so important, why would people just leave it lying in the trash? I managed to get to the end of the current build using only 1 ration.
- Storyline is average so. Pretty generic so far in terms of "scientists try to find cure for zombie apocalypse," albeit with in a hentai-verse, but at least it doesn't try to forcibly include some twist.
- Overall, gameplay was smooth and enjoyable.

What I didn't like:
- The bullet counter. For some reason, I feel that if you use bullets and "restart" (exiting to the menu and resuming last save), those bullets don't return for some reason. Bug or glitch?
- Protagonist feels like too much of a Mary Sue. Only they can do this, only they can do that while everyone else is too busy or incompetent.
- Shotguns don't do AoE ;A;

I also encountered a bug after finishing the latest side quest. When exiting the white building after talking to the lady who gave you the quest, an error message popped up saying something about "character lengths" "not being recognized" or something. I closed the window and tried again, but after that it worked fine.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

If being the only one who can solve the problem makes someone a Mary Sue, than 99% of all protagonists are Mary Sues.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hello everyone! Here is the public release for 0.07.2! Full changelog up on Patreon!

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

woo new update.

i ask this in virtually every thread now lol, but will claire quest or sex zombie ever have pregnant sex? whether from an bad ending or event?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

woo new update.

i ask this in virtually every thread now lol, but will claire quest or sex zombie ever have pregnant sex? whether from an bad ending or event?
Both already have it! All bad ends result in pregnancy in Sex Zombie. In Claire's Quest, monster bad ends tend to result in pregnancy (a la Pigman)

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh is this new in sex zombie? last version i can remember had no mention of pregnancy.

is it accompanied by CG or does she just say she is now pregnant?

i'm about to start claire's quest for the first time today, but i'm sure it's gonna be great. i love sex zombie.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

oh is this new in sex zombie? last version i can remember had no mention of pregnancy.

is it accompanied by CG or does she just say she is now pregnant?

i'm about to start claire's quest for the first time today, but i'm sure it's gonna be great. i love sex zombie.
The bad end text always hinted at it, but now the text outright describes it, and the CG accompanying visibly shows it in Sex Zombie!

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Was so excited for the new update; just downloaded it from your Patreon. I didn't want to have to go through the entire thing over again, so I just reloaded my most recent save from the Safe Zone. I saw your changelog and I'll probably reload an older save to check your updates out eventually.

Here's what I have for the first hour of playing it:
Pros:
--Love the CGs and the impregnation/bloat fetish. Ditto with the internal cumshots. Those appeal to me, so maybe I'm biased.
--New music in the CGs and overall background music is very grim and foreboding. I've said it over and over but your attention to ambiance is what sets this game apart from others like it (e.g. the unfinished AZL). Also adds another dynamic to your CGs.
--Really cool and fitting gore doodads and map clutter! Along those lines, I love the map design and attention to detail. Again, it adds to the overall setting and feel of the game. It actually feels like a zombie apocalypse with the bleakness and death everywhere.
--Missions were fun and interesting; they actually add to the story and draw me in to what's happening.
--Rewards (improved weaponry) were good to have. Still not really finding a use for other items just yet, though I'm cheating a little bit (see my "Tips" section) and I'm attempting a virgin walkthrough.
--Glad you took some of my/our suggestions and repopulated the sewer and power plant with more enemies.
--Thank you for not killing Rebecca...for now. Mwahaha...

Cons:
--Duuude, maybe it's just me, and I'm deeply regretting complaining about the relative lack of difficulty of the enemies, but they're far too hard now. According to your changelog, the Runners function via field of sight or patrol an area, and your solution is to hide behind objects or stealth them away. However, this doesn't work because:
1.) the Runner AI is ridiculously unforgiving. I have zombies that are able to check me when I'm behind any impassable object, and this is proven even more in the interiors, where zombies behind 6-8 tiles of wall are able to spot me and attempt to chase.
2.) the "field of sight" is not a linear one. If I am anywhere in the vicinity of the direction a zombie is looking, it'll attack. Hell, zombies that aren't even on my screen spot me and rush to attack. Often, as long as I enter an area it is patrolling, regardless of whether it's even looking, a zombie will instantly turn around and attack. Therefore, stealth is not an option.
3.) You literally cannot hide from these runners. Their pathing is such that I've never been able to trick any of them into running into a trap or an impassable map object. Even if I could, I highly doubt they'd lose interest and resume patrol anyway. Furthermore, you really don't have any opportunity to hide from them once they spot you, since they have the same movement speed as you. Your only two choices are to either hope you have enough distance to turn and shoot them, or to run into another area (which is almost always backwards into where you just came from).
NOTE: The Power Plant runners seem to be a bit different; they display the behavior that you reference (e.g. running but then giving up after you move away from vision).

--Along those lines, the pathing is REALLY annoying; when you're running from a runner, the AI knows the map and won't get caught up on doodads, but you don't, since all the doodads appear to be traversable (but aren't in reality). Even if you can identify which are which, the runner is moving so fast that it's difficult to navigate through doodads while avoiding being caught by the runner(s).
--There are certain entrance areas, such as the sewers, that spawn groups of enemies immediately. Therefore, if you don't kill the crawlers before entering the power plant, they will insta-kill you without you being able to move because 2-3 spawn or appear where your sprite enters on the map. Apparently, you CAN escape, as long as you killed at least one or two of them beforehand. However, it is pretty annoying to be attacked once or twice immediately when entering an area without a chance to respond.
--Oh how I wish for a Menu CG Gallery...I'm sure you've got that in mind for a future update. Someday. :/

--BUG: You've got an unattainable object in the supermarket area; one of the sparkling objects cannot be accessed from any direction.
--BUG: Might just be my own experience, but your "AJ Baby" scene is bugged and unplayable. After I returned the baby, I got a black screen and was unable to progress.
--BUG: Completed missions don't go away in the mission screen.

TIPS:
For anyone reading and can't progress due to runner difficulty, here's what I did:
If you've got a crowbar, exploit a glitch by smacking a zombie (killing it) and exiting the area/map and reentering. The crowbar should be back at 2 uses rather than just 1 remaining. Since zombies don't respawn (thankfully), you can clear an entire map this way. It's tedious, but I saved all my bullets this way. You can also let yourself get caught and struggle, which should free the crowbar use back to 2, and even easier, if you have multiple crowbars, you can just reequip and you should have infinite crowbar use as long as you constantly reequip. And lastly, I've noticed that some zombies, if they're runners, upon chasing you out of a map area, will become normal zombies when you reenter the area. I've reentered areas in order to make these zombies easier to kill, or simply to avoid them.

Architect, I'm pretty sure you'll patch this (both the melee weapon glitch and the runners becoming walkers again), but lol, this was basically my only way to progress, otherwise I'd have been stuck in the current version of your game. :/

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The bad end text always hinted at it, but now the text outright describes it, and the CG accompanying visibly shows it in Sex Zombie!
Interesting, this is new. Dartred isn't the only one who hoped you would take things more in that direction. (now I'm just hoping for something as depraved as the dog scene in Paio Hazard :p)

Been following this for a while actually, and I have enjoyed what is there so far. Will definitely check out that updated demo now.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I can't remember if I posted about it, but last time I played this I was getting a bug where, after re-loading a save IIRC, I could no longer exit an area.

The enemy AI changes sound really cool, it's pretty sad when an early-development RPG-maker game's 4 enemy types are more diverse than the entire roster of most other H action games.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't remember if I posted about it, but last time I played this I was getting a bug where, after re-loading a save IIRC, I could no longer exit an area.

The enemy AI changes sound really cool, it's pretty sad when an early-development RPG-maker game's 4 enemy types are more diverse than the entire roster of most other H action games.
also found a re-load save bug.

if you use ammo, then reload a save. you will have the ammo you had when you fired, not when you saved. so you lose ammo in your save. if you close the game and re-open it. your save will have its original ammo count back.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I have been enjoying it so far, didn't realise just how much content was added since the last demo.
On the gameplay side of things, a couple suggestions and comments:

It would be extremely beneficial to be able to turn on the spot. Right now to turn around and shoot at an enemy who's chasing you, you have to move a tile closer to them.

Displace the player or knock back all enemies within a tile or two at the end of a rape scene - It's possible and frustrating to be chained, especially when in the sewers, you'd go back down the middle and west ladders straight into a group of crawlers.

Mix the enemy types present in most areas, especially the more open-ended ones. Diversity of enemies is the most interesting when you have to tackle multiple types.

Tone down the number of crawlers in each group in the service tunnels and sewers - Especially in the former, you had to spend a lot of ammo to get through them, or cheese RPGMaker NPC behavior and be lucky enough to dodge through them. I'd also suggest making their chase time limited to some degree.

Spread on the shotgun? Firing left-to-right, I suggest a 5-damage hit for the first tile or maybe two of its travel, then they spread into a column of three, doing 2 damage (1 in the center for consistency?). Maybe the last tile of travel could have the shots each separated by a tile.
This would help distinguish the shotgun from the pistol and give them unique applications - shotgun for crowd control, pistol for lone targets, like the one cop was talking about.

As for bugs, I got a black-screen after the anguished runner "scene" after giving him the doll - managed to navigate to a level change and the screen remained black. Haven't encountered the one I described in my last post though.

Oh, the struggle reset timer counts down throughout the scene. So you are able to watch it and then struggle upon being grabbed immediately, or skip it and can't resist the next enemy.

Last edited:

ElPresidente

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The virus affects only males?
LAME.

Where are female zombies? You can't have a good sex game without some lesbian action.
Or at least futa zombies.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

All bad ends result in pregnancy in Sex Zombie.
It looks like only two of them involve pregnancy? (walkers/plants and crawler) Is there a patrons-only demo with more content, or did I miss something? Or is this content planned but not included yet?

(note I'm asking out of interest here, not trying to be demanding or call you out on a mistake :) )

Last edited:

Demonaine

Reputation score

Hi!

Pretty neat game! I found couple of bugs. Cassie's side quest doesn't disappear from the missions log even if you give the tools to her. Second one is mapping with house south of Juno's brookside safehouse, you can walk through the roof. Third is the Baby doll, for some reason the screen goes black and you can't see anything even after waiting for some time. You can shoot and access menu, but saving and returning doesn't take this bug away.

And where can I find the APC or is it not done yet?