What's new

Everlasting Summer (Nutaku)

Nordland

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
A new thread for those who would like to discuss Nutaku’s newest game, Everlasting Summer, the first visual novel published by developer Soviet Games.

What is Everlasting Summer?

Everlasting Summer is a choose-your-own-adventure style game that turns the eroge genre on its head! Players take on the role of the disillusioned Semyon, a downtrodden young man who wakes to find himself in a bizarre version of a Soviet summer camp. Surrounded by gorgeous teens, Semyon must use wit and guile to investigate the mystery of the camp or risk remaining trapped there - forever.

This beautifully illustrated game you will be lead through a well-written storyline that combines relationships with surrealism and horror. With 12 unique endings, your path will depend on the relationships you establish with members of the camp and how you choose to prioritize your investigation. Do you dare find your way out? Or do you accept this life that has fallen into your hands?

Setting

Welcome to Camp Sovyonok!

You’ve travelled back in time or come across the most dedicated LARPers in history - eating, speaking, and dressing like the ‘Pioneer’ Soviet youth clubs of the 1980s. As isolated as it is retro, Sovyonok’s abundance of gorgeous girls might make this a pleasant trip if it weren’t all so weird. There’s a dangerous vibe at night, and the evasive answers of your fellow campers aren’t giving you any assurances...

Overview of the characters:

- Semyon

Semyon is the protagonist of Everlasting Summer. Understandably confused with his predicament, he struggles to grasp why he has arrived at this camp and where (or when) he is. As his relationship with the girls matures, Semyon will be forced to make difficult decisions about how deeply he wishes to investigate the mystery of the camp - or whether his new life is preferable to the one he left behind.

- Lena

On the surface, Lena is a very shy and meek girl; the classic tsundere love interest. Be careful with your choices regarding Lena, as the wrong decisions will lead you down a path of horror.

- Alisa

Alisa is a volatile soul. Her game of push-and-pull and dramatically violent personality make her well-suited for some of the more dangerous encounters in the camp, but she lacks reliability.

- Miku

Miku is the blue-haired bubble-girl of the Pioneers, with a love for music and technology. Her interactions with her will border between cute, clumsy and incoherent. Her path can only be unlocked after securing another ending first, but be aware that things may not always go according to plan...

- Slavya

Slavya is your seemingly stereotypical Russian beauty, but hints of a greater . Choosing to romance or reject her will lead you down two extremities of the game, be wary of your moves around this camper, she is smarter and at times darker than she seems.

- Ulyana

Ulyana is the youngest girl of the camp. Her youthful and carefree attitude can distract you from important tasks if you let it. With youthful, boundless energy, her shenanigans will take your mind of your predicament, for now...

- Mystery Girl

Things have gone missing the camp lately, from cans of food to spare tools. Something’s out there, living on the fringes, but it will take a dedicated adventurer to unravel this mystery...

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Everlasting Summer (Nutaku)

Visual Novel Online?

How does this works even??

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Visual Novel Online?

How does this works even??
You really just visit Nutaku.net, sign up if you haven't yet, then click Everlasting Summer from the game's list. It loads up the novel and you play it from your browser.

OP
Nordland

Nordland

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's also compatible on mobile devices :)

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

what tags would this game have? rape? vanilla? pregnancy? netorare? guro?

every character seems to have an evil side by the description. maybe yandere?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

what tags would this game have? rape? vanilla? pregnancy? netorare? guro?

every character seems to have an evil side by the description. maybe yandere?
VNDB's tags for the game.
Pioneer Heroine 3.0 Ambient Sounds 3.0 Summer Camp 3.0 Male Protagonist 3.0 ADV 3.0 Russian Heroine 3.0 USSR 3.0 Time Loop 3.0 Russian Protagonist 3.0 Unlockable Harem Ending 3.0 Short Sexual Scenes 2.8 Kemonomimi Heroine 2.8 Donkan Protagonist 2.7 Brief NVL Scenes 2.5 More Than Seven Endings 2.5 Trapped 2.5 Low Sexual Content 2.5 Late Sexual Content 2.5 Vocaloid 2.3 Sprite Viewer 2.3 Achievements 2.0 Mischievous Heroine 2.0 Death of Heroine 2.0 Existential Crisis 2.0 Delinquent Heroine 2.0 Suicide 2.0 Map Movement 2.0 Shy Heroine 2.0 Loli Heroine 2.0 Jealousy 2.0 Multiple Route Mystery 2.0 Madness 1.8 One True End 1.8 Suicidal Protagonist 1.7 Enforced Playing Order 1.7 Denpa 1.7 Multiple Endings 1.6 Homicide 1.5 Poker 1.3 Zombie Heroine 1.0 Horror 1.0 Otaku Heroine 1.0 Super Deformed CG's 1.0 Zombie 1.0 Death of Protagonist 1.0 Time Travel 0.8 Modern Tsundere Heroine 0.7 Summer 0.7 School Nurse Support Character 0.5

Or you can visit VNDB to see for yourself.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ah, forget that even if a game wasn't made in japan, it could still have a VNDB. though it's detailed in tags, it's lacking in what kind of sex i can expect. heck, it says there is little sex.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't forget that it says Late Sexual Content in addition to low. :p

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This is also on Steam for free, though I guess the Steam version is censored. I played it a bit but got bored eventually - the main character is such an annoying wuss most of the time and a lot of time nothing much happens, and there's tons of text. I did like the character designs and art in general but eh ... just didn't do much for me. Maybe if you are a big VN fan in general you'll like it.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Aye, it's a good novel, nothing especially worth writing home about for people who've been reading novels for years. Certainly worth putting time on for people starting out or like the slice of life genre.

There's also an annoying part of the service where if I fast forward too far it takes time to recognize where you are in the game and wants you to wait before it saves properly. The game stalls at certain points if you keep fast forwarding and have to wait forever for it to catch up. I hate it when I have to play VNs online...

P.S. Needs more Hentai content! The girls are too cute for just a few scenes.

Last edited:

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i cant complete alisas line no matter what i do it black screens on day 6 and never loads if i can ever get to day 6 sometimes it just locks up randomly anytime i use the fast foward button

Last edited:

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

wait, don't one of the character will have a copyright problem?
you know, the specific twin ponytail, turtoise color hair girl? (she even have the same name goddamnit)

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

wait, don't one of the character will have a copyright problem?
you know, the specific twin ponytail, turtoise color hair girl? (she even have the same name goddamnit)
If you mean Miku then it should be fine. Other indie title games have adapted her in their novels as the prime character even, and none have been taken down thus far. Kinda like Touhou.

Also it's not twin ponytail it's twintails, more similar to pigtails. Ponytails hang by the rear end of the head only.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you mean Miku then it should be fine. Other indie title games have adapted her in their novels as the prime character even, and none have been taken down thus far. Kinda like Touhou.

Also it's not twin ponytail it's twintails, more similar to pigtails. Ponytails hang by the rear end of the head only.
This except one thing: Vocaloids' voice and image are actually free to the public for usage (well technically not the voice, but you get it). It's a major part of their popularity. You can do whatever you please and even profit from it AS LONG as you don't use the copyright material associated with her. (ie; specific songs and what not)

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

yea twintails, touhou is a different case, zun specifically said his characters can be used freely as any kind of doujin.

irokez

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There's an for the Steam version. Just place the file to SteamApps\common\Everlasting Summer\game.

It's actually interesting to see how the game gets accepted here considering that it wasn't really targeted at foreigners. Not only its whole setting based on Soviet Russian pioneer camps, it also has quite a few references to Russian imageboard culture and media (starting with main characters themselves), so a lot of small details that will probably go unnoticed for a foreign reader. Granted, those details are not required to enjoy the story but they do contribute to overall atmosphere and immersion, things that this game is all about. H-content is totally not the main dish here, it's just icing on a cake.

Dark Deed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ahh! Great game! I loved the story. H content is nearly non existent. Multiple ending, each very different from another one. With it's own moral. I'm not sure how good it is translated to English, since i read it in original language. One of better emotional roller-coaster among VN. Great music and background images. Oh, and it's free to boot!

All in all, this is a good read. People who like to read will like it. People who want H-Content should find other games.

PeterAlexander

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's nice to see that they put that game on Nutaku but how do they make money out of this?
So far all the other games let you throw money at nutaku but VNs probably just cost server time, right?
Since at least one game had a bit of a clunky start server wise (I look at you, hellfire girls!) I'm not so sure if that was a good idea.

Please understand that I like the game and look at it as an opportunity to have players experience a nice visual novel with branching routes. Still I'm worried about Nutaku since if the players are engaged in the visual novel they won't be spending money on let's say energy drinks in Angel Saga or any other game currently featured on Nutaku.

Haxor101

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Soviet Summer Camp XD

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

they won't be spending money on let's say energy drinks in Angel Saga or any other game currently featured on Nutaku.
It's not all about "right here, right now" when it comes to money making. Just like f2p games have a "don't pay if you don't want to" aspect to gain as many players as they can - and possible money from said players down the line, - same can be said for portal as a whole. The more games and genres you have, the more audience you can attract. Free VN? Sure, why not. Players who came for it will probably try something else to their liking and get hooked.