What's new

Farren's various things

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Since I dabble in writing and drawing I figure i can try to throw things up now and then. I'll use this to store little snippets and create a bank of links to anything more major that I put up.

For starters, a pet race of mine and the race of my namesake here.
-----

Enisma

Naturally enisma are just a cloud of black particles resembling smoke earning them the name 'ghosts' among other races. They are able to shape their bodies into a solid form and can modify it as they see fit. If taking a full humanoid appearance they normally stand around five to six feet tall, depending on the build. They can change their colour when taking a shape but they are limited to tones between white and black. When out in public they will normally take a form close to that of another race complete with clothing.

While enisma technically have no gender they will often identify themselves as being female and will take appropriate forms unless there is a pressing need to do otherwise.

Lacking normal sensory organs an enisma does all of it's seeing, hearing and feeling through the particles that make up it's body. They emit a thin cloud of particles around themselves and can reach it out in any direction to see what is around them. The particles allow them to 'taste' when in contact with things and to hear when they pick up vibrations in the air. They can however only see shapes and their sense of taste is muted at a distance. Whenever their main mass comes into contact with something the taste is a lot clearer, leading enisma to say they taste rather than see.

Enisma can connect with other creatures on a mental level. This lets them read thoughts, emotions and senses. They can also freely stimulate the nervous systems of other creatures. By connecting to other creatures enisma learn of colour and emotions, eventually developing themselves fully as an individual. They are very dependent on contact with others to become fully aware of the world around them. While connected they are also able to share the any senses the creature has, allowing them to see, hear and experience anything else the creature does.

Enisma feed of the life-force of other beings to sustain their own. This is normally done off of livestock that are to be butchered , or otherwise some form of none sentient animal. While feeding off of more intelligent creatures is a possibility it is considered dangerous as the enisma might have trouble stopping itself while feeding due to becoming distracted by the other being's emotions and thoughts. While they don't need to fully drain any living thing, the larger or more intelligent a creature the more energy they can acquire without bringing them harm.

Enisma are seemingly immortal unless they are killed. They have never been recorded as dying from old age. They don't mature by age but instead by experience with the world so they are often considered adult when they start to act like one.

Enisma don't mate with others of their own race, instead they'll mate with a member of another race. The mating process itself simply requires physical contact between the two willing participants. The enisma takes a portion of their mate's life-force and a portion of their own life-force crafting a newborn enisma within their mate's body. The newborn will then continue to feed from the life-force of it's parent until it is able to survive on it's own at which time it is 'born'. However, there has never been a recorded instance of the enisma's mate surviving the birth. While the enisma has the option of supplementing the life force of her mate with her own that has only ever ended with both parents dying, leaving the newborn an orphan.

This keeps the enisma population desperately low as there is no way for them to force a creature to accept their offspring and very few are willing to take the risk.

Enisma have a great many advantages over other races. They can naturally float and in their gaseous form they can flow along with the currents of the wind freely. Their bodies can spread out at a moments notice rendering them completely immune to any kind of physical attacks. They tend to be more resistant to mental attacks which aim to control them thanks to their unique physiology, and are notoriously hard to restrain.

At the same time they are deadly allergic to all forms of 'light magic' with magical light sources causing them discomfort. Their bodies also have issues channelling large quantities of magic, their limits are great and they have a good sense of where they are but the cost of overstepping them is a steep one.

Enisma tend to have long, hard to pronounce names. They will often go by short, one syllable names around other races.

Example names:
Farrenrelisali, Cerismareistal, Saravilossa