What's new

Favorite Anime Series

Link_Xp4444

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
First of all I'm sorry if this topic has already been created somewhere. I did a forum search under the word 'anime' and didn't come up with anything that looked like this after searching a few pages worth of threads.

Now that the opening pleasantries are out of the way, allow me to describe what this thread is about. This is a thread where you can list off your all-time favorite anime series, describe why you like them, recommend anime series to others, and take other peoples anime series recommendations into consideration for your viewing pleasure. You can describe whether you like the English Sub or the English Dub version of the anime series better, interpret anime series endings how you want to and even describe which characters you like the best. My hope is that we all learn more about the wonders of anime through this thread and attain a deeper understanding of this complex genre of entertainment by discussing our favorites. Anyway, I will start.

1.) Monster - I honestly cannot find the appropriate words to describe how much I adore this series. The characters, the setting, the journey as well as the consequences for your actions... I just absolutely love everything about this anime series. I can honestly say I wouldn't love anime as much as I do if it wasn't for this series - it is a strong pillar in the foundation of my adoration for this entertainment genre.
2.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - This series is such a close second-best for me. The opening and closing themes, the characters, the plot, the lore... Honestly, this is just a teensy bit shy of being on the same level as Monster for me. I have just recently taken to rewatching the entire series from start to finish... It's without a doubt as good as I remember.
3.) Attack on Titan - What can I say about this series... Pure goodness so far without a doubt. I absolutely love it - it just feels so original. You can really feel the struggle humanity is going through in every episode. I truly look forward to seeing more from this series in the future, especially since it isn't finished airing yet.
4.) Cowboy Bebop - What list could be complete without this series being mentioned? Heh... I love the vibe to this series. It's an old series, but it has such a majestic story to tell. Truth be told I wasn't really into the whole space-age genre until I watch this series. Watching this has opened me up to a lot of other anime series and video games.
5.) Deadman Wonderland - Where do I even start?! Well, the name for one thing - it really sets the tone for this series. The combat powers used in this series are also nothing to sneeze at - they show that you really do need to sacrifice in order to use them. This series may be short, but what I watched was excellent. I would love to see more from this series in the future, if there is any.
6.) Black Cat - Another real gem. The main character was absolutely excellent, as well as the support characters. The world portrayed in this anime series was also a driving force in my enjoyment of the series.
7.) Gungrave - This one takes me back... I really did enjoy the emotional ride this anime series put me through. The ups and downs, the trust and betrayal, the heart-breaking moments as well as the 'awww' moments... This was an excellent series.
8.) Gunslinger Girl - This series was quite a unique experience for me. After all, this was the first time I had ever seen little girls with guns. I liked how the characters developed and grew as the series went on.
9.) Welcome to the N.H.K. - Hahahahahahaha....! Oh, this series... Oh yes... I couldn't possibly forget this series. Ah... This series is what I'm typing about, right here... I honestly just fell in love with this series, especially with how wacky it is. If you want to watch a great series with plenty of dark comedy and some drama then this is the one.
10.) InuYasha - This one is quite a classic. I used to watch this series quite a while ago. I have fond memories of it, though sometimes it could get tedious.
11.) Bleach - This is quite a long series, with a few movies as well. I think I loved the Bleach movie Memories of Nobody the most, due to its name and premise. I'll have to watch that movie again sometime...
12.) Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden - More series that should probably be higher on this list. Out of all the episode and movies in these two series, I think my favorite was definitely Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow. That movie in particular was really good because it showed how determined Naruto really was, and what he was capable of. I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, I'm going to end my list here. I probably forgot quite a few of my anime favorites, but this post is getting kind of long. Please feel free to add all your favorites as well everyone.