Forum performance seems to have degraded since the updates

squark

Tentacle God
Aug 23, 2012
It seems (and it may be just on my end, however unlikely) that forum performance has significantly dipped since the updates. Sections that would open in seconds now appear to running afoul of an endless loading loop (seems endless, but 6 seconds can seem like an eternity when you're used to virtually instantaneous loading).
Also, the PM system seems a little borked. I just tried to send a PM and although "Working" appears along the top and disappears a few seconds later, nothing happens. I tried refreshing the Messages pane and it looks like it didn't send.

EDIT: What the hell? I tried for the FOURTH time to send it and it went through this time? What's with the inconsistency? Can we do something about all the blank space at the end of the posts as well, please?
EDIT II: Page loading speed varies a lot. Sometimes as fast as diarrhea, sometimes slower than constipation.

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Oct 31, 2014
The forum is still being fixed and functionality returned, it'll take a while before it's back to how it was. The slow speed might be due to the number of users, but I've noticed it's faster for me today than yesterday - so might be getting better with time.

And yeah, noticed that messages don't seem to be working well right now, couldn't even leave a visitor message :/

squark

Tentacle God
Aug 23, 2012
Patience is truly a virtue in these matters :)

jondom

Mystic Girl
Sep 18, 2012
Clicking on anything takes from 10 seconds to a minute or two, it's god awful at this point.

jondom

Mystic Girl
Sep 18, 2012
Clicking on anything takes from 10 seconds to a minute or two, it's god awful at this point.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Jun 3, 2011
Calm your boobs (female or male, whatever). This is going to be a rough time. But it will pass (much the poops mentioned in the first post)

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
It's easy to blame the site, but I think a good deal of your issues are on your end.

ElLurker

Grim Reaper
Aug 1, 2011
It's pretty inconsistent on my end; some pages load quickly while others take from anywhere between ten seconds to about a minute or so. It's not my connection either since virtually every other website loads up quickly.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Feb 18, 2013
The forum is unusable for me lol, it might be due to cloudflare because I've seen a lot of forums running cloudflare running really slow, or not working at all. Not my connection, every other site works just fine. While ULMF literally takes around 2 minutes to load a page. It's not always like this, only in late hours (In my time zone).

jondom

Mystic Girl
Sep 18, 2012
It's easy to blame the site, but I think a good deal of your issues are on your end.
What are you even... I've been on here for 5 years, never had any issues, the forum has a massive change and It's on my end... Do you work for Comcast by any chance?

whitesin75

Demon Girl
Dec 3, 2011
I'd like to add that, for some reason, I can't open this forum anymore in my phone anymore post-update. Am using Google Chrome.

whitesin75

Demon Girl
Dec 3, 2011
I'd like to add that, for some reason, I can't open this forum anymore in my phone anymore post-update. Am using Google Chrome.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008
For some reason the new vBulletin is really hammering the database, I even bought a nice shiny new server and stuff and it's still really struggling during peak hours. We're still working on improving things, but I imagine it'll be weeks before the site is properly nice to use again.

squark

Tentacle God
Aug 23, 2012
Glad to hear from you, boss. Looking forward to the performance issues being fixed.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
The forum is unusable for me lol, it might be due to cloudflare because I've seen a lot of forums running cloudflare running really slow, or not working at all. Not my connection, every other site works just fine. While ULMF literally takes around 2 minutes to load a page. It's not always like this, only in late hours (In my time zone).
Did I say connection? Could be Cache issues, Cookies issues and the like.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Feb 18, 2013
Did I say connection? Could be Cache issues, Cookies issues and the like.
Absolutely not. As I said, works fine sometimes, sometimes it doesn't

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Aug 30, 2013
It might be just me, but posting via quick reply sometimes results in a script error. Eventually when the errors stop, I find I have double-posted or triple-posted as the posts which were stopped by the script error somehow made it through.

squark

Tentacle God
Aug 23, 2012
Yeah, I noticed that too. Thankfully, it seems to be okay now.
On another note, pressing "Back" button (on the browser, not the forum) randomly logs you out of this site now. I just experienced a need to log back in after backing out of a different thread.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Nov 29, 2014
Can someone tell me why the fuck I can't upload attachments anymore?