What's new

Game Mechanics

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Battles
Initiative – Single Battles
Initiative is based on the Pokémon’s stage; a Pokémon of a higher stage will act before that of a lower stage unless it’s a Stage X Pokémon in which case the Stage X Pokémon will always act. If both Pokémon are at the same stage then the Pokémon that’s the highest level will act first. There are of course exceptions to this and will be dealt with as they come, though as a general rule rock types will almost always act last.

Double Battles
Much like with single battles, if any Pokémon are of the same stage then the highest level Pokémon goes first.

EXP Gain
As Pokémon battle they gain experience which, when they gain enough gives them the chance to evolve into more powerful forms. In this RP there are two types of EXP; Level and HP EXP.

Level EXP

Level experience is what allows Pokémon to grow and become stronger, allowing them to not only evolve but to gain new attacks. A Pokemon needs to earn a number of experience points determined by their stage and level.

Experience gained through battling
Code:
[B]Your Pokemon - Stage 0[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - Exp gain 1.5x opponents level
[I]Stage 2[/I] - Exp gain 2x opponents level
[I]Stage 3[/I] - Exp gain 3x opponents level
[I]Unstaged[/I] - Exp gain 2.5x opponents level
[I]Stage X[/I] - Exp gain 10x opponents level

[B]Your Pokemon - Stage 1[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - Exp gain 0.5x opponents level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level
[I]Stage 2[/I] - Exp gain 1.5x opponents level
[I]Stage 3[/I] - Exp gain 2x opponents level
[I]Unstaged[/I] - Exp gain 1.75x opponents level

[B]Your Pokemon - Stage 2[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - Exp gain 0.25x opponents level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - Exp gain 0.5x opponents level
[I]Stage 2[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level
[I]Stage 3[/I] - Exp gain 1.5x opponents level
[I]Unstaged[/I] - Exp gain 1.25x opponents level

[B]Your Pokemon - Stage 3[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - Exp gain 0.1x opponents level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - Exp gain 0.25x opponents level
[I]Stage 2[/I] - Exp gain 0.75x opponents level
[I]Stage 3[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level
[I]Unstaged[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level

[B]Your Pokemon - Unstaged[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - Exp gain 0.25x opponents level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - Exp gain 0.5x opponents level
[I]Stage 2[/I] - Exp gain 0.75x opponents level
[I]Stage 3[/I] - Exp gain 1.5x opponents level
[I]Unstaged[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level

[B]Your Pokemon - Stage X[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - Exp gain 0.1x opponents level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - Exp gain 0.1x opponents level
[I]Stage 2[/I] - Exp gain 0.25x opponents level
[I]Stage 3[/I] - Exp gain 0.5x opponents level
[I]Unstaged[/I] - Exp gain 0.5x opponents level
[I]Stage X[/I] - Exp gain equal to opponents level

Experience points needed to level up
Code:
[B]Exp needed;[/B]
[I]Stage 0[/I] - The Pokemons next level
[I]Stage 1[/I] - The Pokemons next level x 2
[I]Stage 2[/I] - The Pokemons next level x 5
[I]Stage 3[/I] - The Pokemons next level x 10
[I]Unstaged[/I] - The Pokemons next level x 8
[I]Stage X[/I] - The Pokemons next level x 20

HP EXP
HP experience is gained by battling trainers, both NPC’s (in the form of normal trainers, gym leaders etc…) and other players. For every trainer battle a Pokémon takes part in the Pokémon gains 1HP EXP, and for every 10HP EXP the Pokémon gains an extra 1HP. Players are expected to keep track of their EXP and HP EXP though the GM/s will try to help keep track of them as well.

Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB)

Any Pokémon that uses an attack that is the same element as itself (eg. a fire-type Pokémon using a fire-type attack) deals an extra 50% damage rounded down, to a minimum of 1 extra damage.

Weakness and Resistance
An attack that is super effective against its target (eg. a fire-type attack being using against a grass-type Pokémon) deals double damage. An attack that is not very effective against its target (eg. a fire-type attack against a water-type Pokémon) deals half damage rounded down, to a minimum of 1 damage. STAB damage is taken into account before weakness and resistance is factored in.

Criticals
Unless stated in the attack description each attack has a 10% chance of dealing a critical hit.

Last edited:
OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Game Mechanics

Pokemon Stages and Evolution
Stages
A Pokémon’s stage covers at what point of their evolutionary progression they are at. The stages are as follows;

Stage 0 – Baby Pokémon (Magby, Togepi etc…) are considered at Stage 0. Stage 0 Pokémon start off with 2HP however any Pokémon attacking them has to make two accuracy rolls; one for the attacks actual accuracy and another to see whether they will or will not attack the baby Pokémon. (roll a d20 to determine whether the attack has a chance of hitting, 1-10 the attack fails altogether, 11-20 the attack carries on as normal.)

Stage 1 – Pokémon that aren’t defined as being a baby Pokémon but evolve or are the first evolutions of a baby Pokémon are considered to be at Stage 1. A Stage 1 Pokémon starts off with 4HP (add 4HP onto an evolved baby Pokémon’s HP on top of the HP its previous form gained from leveling up).

Stage 2 – Stage 2 Pokémon are those that have evolved from Stage 1 Pokémon. These Pokémon start off with 8HP (add 8HP onto an evolved Stage 1’s HP on top of the HP its previous form gained from leveling up).

Stage 3 – Stage 3 Pokémon are those that have evolved from Stage 2 Pokémon. These Pokémon start off with 12HP (add 12HP onto an evolved Stage 2’s HP on top of the HP its previous form gained from leveling up).

Stage X – Legendary Pokémon are considered to be at Stage X. Stage X Pokémon have no defined starting HP, instead each individual Stage X has their own starting HP.

Unstaged – Any Pokémon that don't evolve from any Pokémon (including Shedinja) are considered to be Unstaged. As with Stage X Pokémon each Unstaged Pokémon have their own starting HP.