What's new

[Vosmug] Ghost Hunter Vena

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShittyWizard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, 0.1 of Vosmug's new game just got released on his blog.

vosmug2.wordpress.com/

Seems to be in the same style as Xenotake.

Last edited by a moderator:

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Ghost Hunter Vena (Vosmug)

Excellent. I'm a big fan of Xenotake. I know Vosmug did an earlier game that was almost entirely gore with very little H, but Xenotake more than made up for it.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The game is a sidescrolling game with not much going on mechanically (not that this is bad) and a very well formed story. Given how long it took for the first demo to be released, this game will take a while until it's ready, but it will be well worth it.

I also want to plead to all of you to buy this game once it comes out, instead if ripping it. It wont be very expensive and Vosmug is an incredible good developer. It would be a shame if he wont continue to create games because of too many people ripping his game.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice to see he's working up another game to a playable state, its been a few months since he's announced he was starting work on it.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Really quality demo that's got great artwork, animation, so forth.

The gameplay is a bit frustrating at times, definitely one of those "actually a challenge to play" games, but it's definitely possible to get the hang of it after a little while.

The artwork is even better than it was in Xenotake, and that's saying something, as are the animations; he's especially improved/changed stuff up in the facial expressions department since then, so yeah, awesome job there!

The storyline at the beginning is fine for me (and shows a bit of nudity, so don't skip it if you want to see that), but I suspect for people who aren't super into storyline-based stuff, it might be a bit long. Luckily though, you can skip all of it without any actual detriment towards your ability to play the game effectively, etc.

Finally, there are some bugs, but this is a demo release of course, and he's actively working on fixing them.

Great demo overall though, looking forward to more :D
------------

A few tips though;

-If it's not obvious, enemies become fully opaque when they're vulnerable to attack.

-When enemies start to back up to swoop down on you, immediately back up so you can hit them; their angle of descent isn't that sharp, so you'll need to get a good distance between you two.

-In case you skipped the explanation, once you get the red orb, you'll need to press Z to stun (when they're opaque) then X to attack, then S to absorb them.

-Going up in levels doesn't do anything as far as I can see (in the soul experience points thing I mean) and the red bar isn't actually representative of your life, AFAIK.

-You can only get a game over past a certain point in the demo; prior to that, you can't lose, ever. You get game overs by screwing up the "push them off of you" button press a few times in a row, AFAIK. Getting a game over shows an extra scene, and lets you continue from where you last left off (roughly), and you have infinite continues, so I'd recommend doing it intentionally at least once.

-After defeating "the wall ghost", all enemies you encounter (including ones you've already encountered, like the floating hands) will have a second animation; to access it, get caught, and then struggle for about 4-5 seconds until the bar turns pink/purpleish, and then let the struggle bar drop to 0. Usually these animations are ahegao and have actual cum/squirting, more extreme, etc.

-Finally, after you've defeated the wall ghost, DON'T backtrack; in the current demo, it crashes the game.

Meta1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One thing that will make a big difference in the difficulty is he said he's going to add a few seconds of invincibility after grabs to prevent stunlock.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

IT takes a bit to get used to the controls, you want to basically stun then attack really fast to deal a bit of extra damage. The timing is pretty precise though, and well ghosts are cheaters and float around making them a pain to hit sometimes.

Not sure if you can even 'game over'. Messing up the buttons, or well rape attempts, after an amount seems to randomly throw you into a room, but you don't get any actual H out of it, it seems.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Also note that on the main menu you can press T to go to the test room to see the sprite animations, and there while naked you can masturbate by pressing F while naked and pressing up and down rapidly.

scizor300

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Amazing animations as always, Vosmug's probably one of the best 2D game devs in that regard.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Amazing animations as always, Vosmug's probably one of the best 2D game devs in that regard.
Am I the only one who's only seeing traced 3D models here? I'm not an expert on this stuff but I think this is called "Rotoscoping".
Not trying to belittle his work but calling his animations "some of the best" would be a little unfair to other sprite-artists...

That said I'm still looking forward to this, Xenotake was a pretty good game.

Here's hoping that this game won't have another drone-section

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there a way past the second locked door? I got to the point where the second upgrade is located, the wings to be specific. How do I progress from there? Or is this where the demo ends?

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is there a way past the second locked door? I got to the point where the second upgrade is located, the wings to be specific. How do I progress from there? Or is this where the demo ends?
If you're talking about the sealed door with the sex machines, you can't go past that point in the demo. Keep going to the right, you should eventually see two girls of the girls who came with you with a boss-like ghost

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I got stuck, being defeated after the "trap" where the wall get closed behind you and respawning before the closed wall.

Then I walked back a it and got the game to crash.

of Step Eventobj_face_trigger
for object obj_player:

Unable to find any instance for object index '72' name 'obj_facetrap'
at gml_Object_obj_player_Collision_70
############################################################################################

IMHO the gameplay is currently badly balanced.
Enemies' states of invicibility are way to few and should start an appropriate amount of time before they attack.
Here ghost just fly at your back then insta "solid" + "hit".

Expect for that the game is good.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

If you're talking about the sealed door with the sex machines, you can't go past that point in the demo. Keep going to the right, you should eventually see two girls of the girls who came with you with a boss-like ghost
Nope. Like I said, I just got the wings. I'm assuming I have to find a key to a door next or something, but I've got no idea where to go. There's some statue with a glowing eye, so I'm assuming that maybe I have to do something with that, but I've no idea what.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you see two shadows in front of the stage, that means that you can fly up there.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Nope. Like I said, I just got the wings. I'm assuming I have to find a key to a door next or something, but I've got no idea where to go. There's some statue with a glowing eye, so I'm assuming that maybe I have to do something with that, but I've no idea what.
Ah, if you're at that point, use the wings to either fly down from the left of the room where you got the wings, or go back to the statue room and fly over the obstacle that blocked you. From there, head back to the room with the 3 human like ghosts and the note on the floor. Fly up with the wings and head to the upper right. The upper left of that room has a sort of container you can break to fill one of your bars.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If you decide to go exploring back to the first area after you get your wings, the game will crash if you re-enter the room where the ceiling trap ghost was in the beginning. It won't be there and you will get an error saying it can't be found.

Haven't been able to try and re-create it because I would have to start over again to do that.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Been following this since he finished xenotake which is great. my only complaint is that the controls feel unresponsive especially when trying to follow up the stun
You should send this to him directly, i dont think hes on the forums

Am I the only one who's only seeing traced 3D models here? I'm not an expert on this stuff but I think this is called "Rotoscoping".
Not trying to belittle his work but calling his animations "some of the best" would be a little unfair to other sprite-artists...

That said I'm still looking forward to this, Xenotake was a pretty good game.

Here's hoping that this game won't have another drone-section
I dont care what exact method was used to create the sprites. It looks good and is animated well, thats what matters to me. If this method means it takes less time or effort that should be seen as a good thing because games that have a good balance of gameplay and h are few and far between.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm a big fan. It's a plus knowing that there won't be (that much) gore too. I think some of the later enemies do kill Vena

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Why do you think it will contain gore?

Status
Not open for further replies.