What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Active RPG Maker [Boko877] Girl Beats Hero

Missing_ID

Lurker
Reputation score
... He also mentioned that the thief is coming before Auphemia and Selunelia.
I fell in love with the thief the moment I saw her, that is good to hear :3
Wonder what her fighting style is and what she'll give us? Boko already gave facesitting, Paizuri, Ballbusting, even Headscissors and Tickling.

Reputation score
I always wonder what kind of game he could make if he used a different engine like Unity or GameMaker. Maybe after GBH and UFG2 get their run, he might explore that.
He's actually already considering replacing the engine for UFG2 since it's giving him a lot of trouble. I remember him mentioning Unreal and Unity, but he didn't make up his mind on what to do yet. I THINK this link discusses the problem he encountered, or at least something similar to the problem he has because of the engine.

Wonder what her fighting style is and what she'll give us? Boko already gave facesitting, Paizuri, Ballbusting, even Headscissors and Tickling.
Hmm. Well, she's a thief so she should be physically weaker than our hero. And so I expect her to lie, cheat and steal. I wouldn't be surprised if she resorted to using items and tried to use poison/paralysis to even the odds. Maybe she'll even steal his weapon before the fight...

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Boko Released that video for public download. The Hero vs the normal girl.

The girl pushes him down and stomps on Alf's privates without getting any resistance. Was hoping for something else I suppose.
edit 2: Alf is an embarrassment of a hero.

Last edited:

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score
Like how is he even a hero lol. So weak. Maybe the demon lord was like a purely magical being so when Alf used his no magic skill the demon lord was like a wet noodle. I dunno lol.

Reputation score
She's been powered up for some unexplained reason (boko said the explanation is coming in the next update) so she's far above the power of the average person, not to mention that he wasn't fighting seriously. Apparently this happened to several other girls too. Not sure why it was necessary for them to fight and for Alf to get his balls stomped so brutally, though. I think the shove was more than enough to prove the point, but I digress. I assume it's for the ballbusting crowd.

Edit: And he's probably far from the strongest man in the world, and I think him beating the demon lord thanks to the void is accurate. But to be fair, he's by no means a weakling. He beat Auphemia and her maids, survived against Sisen and may have even beat Selunelia. That was a shamefurr dispray though, even if he wasn't fighting seriously. It was a little sad to watch.

Last edited:

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Normal girls are great, getting bullied by a random castle maid was my favorite sequence so far.

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Probably because boko is working on two projects at once, and basically all he does for GBH is make animations/combat encounters, never really putting much work into the world or mechanics. Maybe after he's done with the new ultimate fighting girl, he'll focus on GBH more.

I agree with you about pretty much everything, he definitely needs to add some actual gameplay progression. I think proper leveling mechanics are the first contender, so level drain would feel that much better.
Oh, I didn't think that Boko put a lot of time into UFG2, since he hasn't talked about it much. Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way about GBH as an experience. Hopefully Boko eventually addresses some of this.

Well, Sunshaded, that's a big comment. And big comments get big replies. I don't know how much you know about the game so I'll just mention all I know. But the short answer to most of your questions is simple. He doesn't really have plans to put GBH up for sale. I don't think he's quite sure where it's going. And there isn't much RPGing going on in the game yet. The girls just sit around waiting for you to activate their events if they have ones, or you can just fight or plead. CP1 is canon, kind of sort of, so you should play it. If you care about storytelling, then I feel you should contact him so he knows people care.
Thanks. That fits the impression I had from his tweets. I wish that Boko was less humble/tentative, but I know that's just the way he is.

And like Kaa said, he had plans to work on UFG2 since last year and he announced that he started the production phase around March. I think he even mentioned that he was working on it before he announced it, though my memory may be failing me. But I think it's normal for devs to work on a game before announcing it, so this is probably true regardless of whether or not he mentioned it.
Yeah, it's nice to have that to look forward to. His doujin game with Sherry was way too hard for me. I love maids, and my dream UFG would probably be 3 versus 1 w/ Lin's maids... (Maybe the duo he just unveiled could even serve as a model for that. But I know it's difficult technically. If only he had a talented coder help him create a true 3D world.)

My memory is off, so I don't remember what GBH had since he started Patreon. But CP2 only brought 3 new characters into the game (Sefina, The queen, and Sisen). The rest of the characters were just updated so they look better. A few months ago, after he was done with Astride (or was it Millis?) he said he didn't know if he was going to update the characters (because he wanted to focus on UFG2 instead I'm guessing), but people wanted him to keep updating the characters so he can update the maids, Auphemia and Selunelia. So...ever since the update that added the queen, the characters didn't do much. The plot didn't really progress or go anywhere ever since people started bullying Alf in the castle. The fact he was working on UFG2 may have contributed to this.
This is exactly the kind of inside info I hoped someone would share. I've noticed Boko tweet a little more about UFG2 these days, but I assumed he hadn't done much with it. I know he's said he just works on whatever he can motivate himself toward, whether it's GBH heroines or UFG heroines or some other content.

But...the game literally starts with the line "And so, his journey continues today"
And yet it doesn't even mention whether it's the start of the day or middle of it. It just shows him in an inn. He could have just arrived at a city at noon and checked into an inn, or he could have woken up at sunrise. (I know it's only a minor flaw, but the point is that I was ranting about the lack of a narrative, so I listed even the minor flaws.)

The bandit camp is explained when he actually goes there. Sure he could've explained it before going there, but I think he doesn't want to bother people with Sisen unless they want to engage her.
The bandit camp is nice, because its explanation is actually in the description of the choice at the inn. It's too bad the other 3 choices don't have descriptions.

Honestly, I don't know why he calls it a test version. You NEED to play CP1 in order to meet most of the characters and to be introduced to Auphemia and her maids properly. The events in CP1 are also canon. Sort of. It is a little confusing. In CP1 Auphemia had plans Alf wasn't OK with and she clearly stopped in CP2. Obviously, this means that Alf fought her maids, defeated all of them, and then defeated Auphemia making her give up on said plan. But...the maids act like they never lost. Especially Lusy with the way she says she's far more powerful than him, even though he canonically beat her and Auphemia who is also canonically more powerful than her. It's pretty confusing. I know he puts animations first, but I wish he would pay more attention to the characters and their development, especially when he's updating them. I was considering mentioning this to him, but I feared the language barrier would be a big problem. Plus there's the translation thing making it difficult for me to judge the writing and characters properly, so I can't really speak on this matter.
I really appreciate your analysis of the connections between CP1 and CP2. It's so mystifying because from the way all this plays out, you'd think that Boko must have put a fair amount of thought into the story. And it's nice to hear that CP2 actually does have more depth of characterization than I expected (I didn't realize that others characters behaved differently after you met the queen).

I like your explanation of why he fights, too. It doesn't require Boko to come up with flimsy plots. People battling for battle's sake is actually similar to the premise of UFG.

A book that gives a status effect? I don't remember that... Are you referring to the potion that made him cum? I don't think that potion does anything, so it doesn't matter if you can heal.
Ugh, yeah, I meant potion. I examined every shelf in that room, and some had books, but that was a potion shelf, I just didn't think before I typed there. The potion does do something; the hero's status changed for me the second time I used it.

And don't level up. The fights are intended to be fought at level 55. Leveling up is cheating. I think Lusy even accuses you of cheating if you beat her without using magic since it seems impossible at level 55, though I could be wrong since my Japanese is poor.
This is very good to know, thanks. I was holding off on playing more of GBH in part because I wasn't sure if my level was actually balanced properly against the heroines.

He's tight lipped? He seemed to be more than willing to talk about things when people ask most of the time. Personally when I ask a he tends to reply, so I don't know.
Sorry, I may have phrased that poorly. I just meant that he doesn't talk about his long-term plans for GBH, perhaps just because like you suggested earlier, he isn't clear on that.

If you really wish he did, then you could try to contact him to explain how he could pay better attention to them. After all, the maids act really weird in CP2. And keep in mind, most of the people who talk to him typically just ask for "More paizuri", "More ballbusting", or "more ass smothering" so he may be assuming no one cares about this kind of stuff. It could be good to let him know people care.
I've thought about it, but I hesitate because I don't want to pester him, and feel self-conscious about requests. And in any case, what I want is for him to do what he loves, and stay motivated.

Actually, after I read your post and considered all this more, I think I probably don't need to worry so much. Sure, to me, GBH is a tech demo so it's a lot less playable/enjoyable than it should be. But now I think I have an idea of why it's like that. From the way you described the altered parts between CP1 and CP2, and the flow of CP2... combined with the fact that many parts of the narrative are obviously blank when they wouldn't be if Boko put in any effort at all, like the description of the 4 areas the hero can travel to... I think that Boko must have made the decision to deliberately cut out most of the narrative, except the minimal amount necessary to build a consistent world to place the heroines. In other words, CP1 and CP2 are not only tech demos, they're also a place where Boko randomly tests out how he wants the story to flow. For example, the arc with Shisen is probably Boko's experiment with that style of narrative where the hero's viewpoint is emphasized, and he doesn't need to try to make the rest of GBH conform to it, because it's just a localized experiment. ...Sorry, I explained this awkwardly. In conclusion, I would suspect that Boko has tentative plans to revamp GBH into a full game with a narrative later that's sort of a combination of CP1 and CP2. But he may keep it private/separate from CP2 in order to sell it on DLsite. Just my speculation. I can't think of any other reason the narrative would be so lopsided, with so many hints that he cares about it, yet still deprioritized by him.

I don't see the issue with Sisen. The big bad released her in an act of desperation so it's not surprising if she's flawed. And when she drains the bandit she states that she needs more. Is that different in Japanese?
A lot of the characters don't give much of a hint on how to beat them and will probably beat you a few times before you manage to win (unless you cheat). That's why I don't see much of an issue with the game not spelling out that you just need to just survive long enough. You may lose once or twice but you'll probably figure out what to do eventually.
That's what's said in Japanese too. But I mentioned before why her line about needing energy isn't a clear hint. It would probably be easier to figure out that you need to stall if the hero could barely damage her. I'm far more likely to avoid her and try to battle other heroines than experiment until I discover that I need to stall while doing no damage to her. Most games would have a hint about holding on or something. CP2 expects you to read a text file to know how to proceed, because it's still a tech demo.

Last edited:

Missing_ID

Lurker
Reputation score
Boko Released that video for public download. The Hero vs the normal girl.

The girl pushes him down and stomps on Alf's privates without getting any resistance. Was hoping for something else I suppose.
edit 2: Alf is an embarrassment of a hero.
Who knows if Auphemia was training that girl , maybe to make her be her maid, and strikes a deal with Alf since our hero apparently have a thing to got beaten by girls? ;)

But on a serious note, remember that if you interact with the chest in the inn, it's said that it contains all of Alf's equipments that he used to beat Satan. He's not even equipped with his strongest gear, and I think it's hinted that he prefers not to fight against girls unless necessary.

Although, I have to agree I was expecting something else other then complete ballbusting there.

Reputation score
and I think it's hinted that he prefers not to fight against girls unless necessary.
He probably would rather avoid hitting women. But it's not hinted, but outright stated that he does not want to fight an unarmed female (and probably unarmed civilians in general). He only fought the maids after Camil attacked him and four of them ganged up on him.
If only he had a talented coder help him create a true 3D world.)
3D world may be a bit much, but it would be nice if he did have a coder. Then he could focus on his work without worrying about his engine eating up the RAM and crashing the game. Now that I think about it a lot of the problems he encounters are from a technical standpoint. I wonder if he considered hiring one...

I didn't realize that others characters behaved differently after you met the queen
Then you may have missed Sefina. You should go talk to her.

The potion does do something; the hero's status changed for me the second time I used it.
Oh. I didn't know that. So it inflicts lust and it won't go away until you heal or lose. Selunelia comments on it too, which is neat.

Actually, after I read your post and considered all this more, -snip-
It's possible. I always found it strange how we got to hear so many of Alf's thoughts when he met Sisen. It happened more frequently than any of the other encounters. But I bet that there will be a few more chapters before GBH is done. And I won't be surprised if he finished UFG2 before he's done with GBH.

That's what's said in Japanese too. But I mentioned before why her line about needing energy isn't a clear hint. It would probably be easier to figure out that you need to stall if the hero could barely damage her. I'm far more likely to avoid her and try to battle other heroines than experiment until I discover that I need to stall while doing no damage to her.
Perhaps. But it really sounds like you didn't fight the other characters at level 55, which made you assume defeat is unusual. Like I said before; most of the characters will beat you a few times in this game. That's just the way it is. The point is to figure out the trick to beating them after a few losses. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to lose, it's possible to beat the more simple characters the 1st time with a little bit of luck. For me, I only lost once before figuring out how to beat Sisen. The moment she hit me and I lost more than 50% of my health bar I instantly knew something was off and that defeating her normally is probably impossible. So it was just a matter of figuring out if I need to deal enough damage, exploit a weakness, survive long enough, or this is a death trap and I shouldn't have tried to fight her in the first place. Since she complained about wanting more energy, the connection seemed obvious. Sure he could've spelled out that you just needed to survive long enough, but I find it unnecessary.

Most games would have a hint about holding on or something. CP2 expects you to read a text file to know how to proceed, because it's still a tech demo.
You're making a bad assumption here. He doesn't expect you to read the enemy tips file. It is an option for those who can't figure out how to fight a character properly. It is a cheat sheet. A last resort. In fact, I think it was referred to as a cheat file at some point, but my memory may be off. It's fine to read it right off the bat if you want to, but the battles are, in a sense, a puzzle for you to solve. Looking up the answer right off the bat feels like it beats the point to me.

Last edited:

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Then you may have missed Sefina. You should go talk to her.
Thanks, maybe I'll do that. I put CP1 on hold back in May 2017 because it was at the level of a tech demo, and I didn't want to spoil myself to all the animations without a fleshed out story to enhance their dramatic impact on me. That's why I haven't posted much. I've tentatively put CP2 on hold too (I only battled 2 heroines, btw) since I realized it's still a tech demo... but I'm a lot more curious about the castle now, so I may play a little more.

Above all, I want to see what Boko does after he adds after the dancer duo, the thief, Ophemia, and Seleneria. If he actually starts to slowly add the UFG heroines rather than refine GBH as a whole, I'll be even more convinced that he's just not comfortable with narratives...

I know what you mean about Shisen. For the record, all I said was that her battle lacks a clear hint--that's an issue unrelated to how you beat her, or the common sense that players are expected to lose a few times first, or that sufficient trial and error can make a hint unnecessary.

Still, it's impressive that you beat her so quickly. I assumed players were expected to read the enemy tips, but looks like that wasn't necessary. I see you said, "The moment she hit me and I lost more than 50% of my health bar I instantly knew something was off and that defeating her normally is probably impossible." ...For you to determine that so quickly, you probably benefited from the fact that you had played CP1, and had a baseline to compare it to. Keep in mind I hadn't done a battle in GBH in over a year, and was unfamiliar with the battle system. Shisen was my first battle (as the first of the 4 choices listed in the inn).

OP
BluFalcon

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I honestly don't care too much for the narrative, and that's not just because it's lacking. If you've played any Japanese "Hero defeats the demon lord" game, you kinda get the gist of what is happening in all of them, and even most subversions are things I've seen or thought about before. The little story elements and lore that are added here and there are great, and can help create some interesting combat scenarios, but I'm not looking for plot. I'm looking for uh... "plot". That said, if he does decide he wants to really create a story, I support it. But crafting a real story, even a hack story, will take time away from "content". Boko877's strengths, in my opinion, have always been his animations. His world-building was never more than setting and various cool characters that offer different things. It reminds me a lot of fighting games. It's different now, but before... story was never really a focal point in fighting games, character design and animation were. Most of them just had a simple plot like "this is a world tournament". I wouldn't be surprised if he used to play a lot of them growing up. But yeah, I mostly just want to see more of his animations. He has a decent director's eye.

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, everyone has their own tastes. The level of narrative I personally hope for in GBH is just at the level of UFG: consistently presented (no bizarre holes), with a line or two of explanation/conversation when appropriate. I appreciate the fact that there was a narrative in UFG, and wouldn't have traded it away even for 1 or 2 more animations.

Reputation score
Indeed, the animations are what most people care about. And I also wouldn't be bothered a huge amount if he didn't pay more attention than necessary to the general narrative. But I still wish he'd pay a little more attention to the characters, their dialogue and maybe their developement. A lot of the fights were updated both in terms of mechanics and animations, but most of the time the dialogue didn't change much which is a little disappointing to me. I hope the next update does something about this, since the story is progressing now.

caterkiller

Lurker
Reputation score
it seems that Boko is planning for the next demo to have multi battles so these 2 could be in the next demo Dinu4FBVMAAHY4X.jpg

Reputation score
Since the next release is on 8/5, the next free one should be then or about a week from then. It should include Loretta and Camil. I think Camil is a little op in that version.

Reputation score
It would probably be easier to just support him on patreon for $3.

Edit: By the by, just in case some people forgot or didn't realize, I think these girls won't be fully animated in the next update. This is the only attack that'll be animated to make up for the fact the update was delayed (I think). Hopefully he'll animate them fully eventually.

Last edited: