What's new

hacking attempt.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
welp, i just got a message saying someone tried and failed to crack my password five times.

IP address: 128.204.203.78
Seems to be the netherlands.

Not sure why i'm mentioning this, but it seems like it would be worth bringing up.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: hacking attempt.

Well, that's great... We'll look into it. Happened before and we thought we'd dealt with it then.

Reaper875

Demon Girl
Reputation score

welp, i just got a message saying someone tried and failed to crack my password five times.

IP address: 128.204.203.78
Seems to be the netherlands.

Not sure why i'm mentioning this, but it seems like it would be worth bringing up.
Thank you for saying. I personally worry about hackers. Yeah I make unbelievably hard passwords, but still. I am glad they did not get through yours.

Varadar

Reputation score

Same here, I received the notification 5 hours ago:

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 185.77.129.54
The IP is also from the Netherlands and it seems to be a proxy server.

Last edited:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

WWOEC has been having a problem with someone attempting to log into other people's accounts as well for a while now. I really don't see the point in attempting to do that on a free forum unless people actually keep their personal information in their accounts.

Edit: I looked at my email and someone has been trying to do the same with me only the IP is 89.105.194.71

Anticor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yesterday this happened to me as well.

Dear Anticor,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 80.82.64.98

All the best,
The Unofficial LineMarvel Forums

R

Ryka

Lila got hit with this email too. Peasants, the lot of them.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It looks like they're using the TOR network. We might end up banning TOR exits altogether.

Additionally, use the IP address provided, put it in your address bar after http:// and you'll get an email address at the bottom (Maintainer.) Email them the time and date the attempt was made, and by TORs policy, they should do something about it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Or we could ban the Netherlands... ;)

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Do we really need XSI's posts ;)

I kid, I kid. But yes, I just got hit by one, similar IP from Netherlands too.