• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
My Fellow Forum Members,

As many of you know, Freeko has a well-documented history of trolling, a permanent shoutbox ban, and a bar full of red. Even now he is carrying on a nonsensical yet provocative dialogue in the news section. Therefore, I move that the administration finish the job they started, and permanently remove him from the forum.

Respectfully Submitted,
Hopeyouguess62

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hoap Sues Freeko

It should also be noted that I did not assign a termination date for the poll. I figure the administration will judge for themselves when they have enough information.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I motion that the second option should be renamed to something more along the lines of "We can put up with him." What it posits is misleading, as not many that I know of would claim to like freeko even if they participate in RPs with him.

While I am loathe to defend freeko, being a cause of a few of those redbars myself, being an unpopular shitpoaster and a troll isn't necessarily enough to get someone banned last I checked. Unless he's actively harassing someone to the point of significant annoyance or greater, which may very well be the case, I don't think banning him would be along the established forum rules. While I am an active proponent of the idea that an internet forum is by nature a private community rather than a public one, implicitly allowing for the community to vote on removing members of the forum if they are universally disliked, I believe that this could potentially create an ugly precedent.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A poll is enough information for administration to ban people?

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, the poll is just to gauge public interest. The administration team likely knows all about his misbehavior to the fullest already.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think I can edit the poll options, unfortunately. Still, this is not something based solely on his amount of red bars (or just the poll). He's had a number of disciplinary problems, any of which could technically have resulted in his being "invited to leave."

Ultimately, though, the decision doesn't fall to the poll or the moderators, but rather to the administration, of which I am not a member.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If I were a member of the administration, I'd do absolutely nothing except create more subforums for my RP's.

Vote for me in the next election. I will meet all your expectations, because I will set no bar to meet.

Reactions: XSI

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mamono Assault Force lies! He would surely use his powers to raise taxes and steal all of the pies if elected! Vote for me! I promise no pants for everyone!

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

As a member of the administration, I would abuse my powers to amuse myself. Vote for me, or I'll run as an independent!

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I guess you can liken this to the grand jury phase, were we just decide whether or not to bring charges :p And as you know, a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich ;)

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eh. I fully expect Freeko to use his magical Legal Powers to win this case somehow. I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't, and a little disappointed if he does.

Also it looks like Freeko's vote has been cast.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Not that I personally care to prosecute, but I do have my MA in politics now officially ;) I feel more like just grabbing the popcorn now though. It's more fun to just shoot spitballs from the back of the room and make life difficult for everyone rather than picking sides.

Hmmm, actually, that makes it sound more like I'm volunteering to be judge...

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I kind of find this to be funny.

You of all people know that my shoutbox ban is not permanent. Unless of course you plan on going back on your word. I could post the message exchange we had about this, but to what end.

You cite a bar of red that means what exactly? A flawed at best system of "reputation" that means nothing at most.

You believe what I say to be nonsensical, yet can you refute it? I see no one offering anything but their own bias and opinions which are misguided on a few things.

For what it is worth, I have not voted yet.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I kind of find this to be funny.

You of all people know that my shoutbox ban is not permanent. Unless of course you plan on going back on your word. I could post the message exchange we had about this, but to what end.

You cite a bar of red that means what exactly? A flawed at best system of "reputation" that means nothing at most.

You believe what I say to be nonsensical, yet can you refute it? I see no one offering anything but their own bias and opinions which are misguided on a few things.

For what it is worth, I have not voted yet.
I might believe at least some of that, if you could put a second "Nay" up there.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How does it mean nothing when you deliberately piss people off

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

What is in it for me to even bother with voting at all?

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

You just happened to be in the Court Cases section when your one-and-only "Nay" vote came in. Now, when you say you haven't voted yet, you can't place your vote. Therefore, it is very likely that the only vote in your defense thus far was your own, and once again you're lying your ass off.

Let the record show that the defendant claimed not to have voted, but was unable to produce a vote when questioned!

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Or the "prosecution" much like in a municipal court had made mere assumptions that without basis in fact at all want the assumption that what they say is true without the minor issue of needing facts or evidence to make the burden of proof.

I would suggest you count again.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Or the "prosecution" much like in a municipal court had made mere assumptions that without basis in fact at all want the assumption that what they say is true without the minor issue of needing facts or evidence to make the burden of proof.

I would suggest you count again.
Congratulations. That's six people who want you gone, and two willing to tolerate you (one of whom is you).

You must be so proud. Nevertheless, we all know that the polling means little--the administration must (and should) act as judge and jury in these matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.