What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade: Rena's Side-Story

I like me some ACT, but strategy is fine too. Not many of those around. The more the merrier.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, it doesn't seem like it's the traditional turn-based strategy game though. Looks like it's ATB Strategy, which is something I don't think I've seen before.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, it doesn't seem like it's the traditional turn-based strategy game though. Looks like it's ATB Strategy, which is something I don't think I've seen before.
Guess we'll find out but it sounds more like action points which are pretty common in strategy games. Kind of cool they'll be affected by dexterity too.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

With him calling this a side story I'm hoping its just some basic game he's slapping together to get to grips with unity and he'll make a better act game with a better main character afterwards.

Fuzaki

Reputation score

He put more work into HoB than Nano, but I bet he'll drop this game too in a year or so. Still he does good work generally.

Last edited:

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

For some reason by looking at the previews, i fear this game is going to be rather static CG than animations.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Static cgs wouldn't be terrible though I would still prefer the animations. Static cgs would mean he could finish scenes faster as well as he'd probably be less likely to burn out.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

With him calling this a side story I'm hoping its just some basic game he's slapping together to get to grips with unity and he'll make a better act game with a better main character afterwards.
I do believe that was the point. He was going to convert HotB to Unity so development would go smoother but he ended up making a whole new game instead.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

A nice tactical game would be welcome
Could be interesting to see how that goes

Freddeboy166

Reputation score

I just hope it doesn't get too grindy. Some levels are already pretty grindy, but you can easily just spam through it with "Z". A grindy tactical game is hell.

SkullR3aper

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He updated his twitter with a under development play screen video. looks quite interesting for the combat and UI

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Close combat kicks, a pistol, healing ability and some kind of shield against ranged attacks.

Essentially the same suite of skills used by Aya, but the new format means a shift in emphasis towards thinking rather than reflexes and pattern recognition for the older game.

R

R752

Wonder when the first demo will be out

SkullR3aper

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New update to his blog. Update is about the Down Motion for the game.

Quite interesting. The big picture of Rena actually changes when she is down/takes damage.

Next he is looking to implement erotic motion

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, it does look like it's using a similar style to The Last Demon Hunter, which I was talking about before. It's the unfinished experiment by Wolfenstahl, BTW, not that other "Last Demon Hunter" game.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He has posted an update about what happens when you reach 0 HP and how that will work.

There is a video included on the blog. When you reach 0 HP you get downed and then have the chance to get back up or give up it seems (same like his previous game where you could try to crawl to the exit rather than give up and get game over scene).

But in this one you still move at full speed but every time you take single hit you get downed again.

He also said if you get caught obviously when down then you have the h animation. Next video preview he will show will be what an h attack will look like in this game. Seems he is progressing quite quickly we might get a full fledged demo this year if he keeps up this pace.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He has shown now preview screenshot of animation. Indeed the middle screen will have an actual animated h-grab just as in his previous games!

From latest blog post here;

I changed the screen composition slightly.
As you can see, divide the standing picture field into two with Rena and enemies, and place the battle screen in the center.
We also decided to display erotic animation in the center.

Originally I was planning to display large animation with standing picture field and expand erotic animation with small map characters on battle screen but as expected it is time to increase the number of steps, production time is not realistic, so erotic scene I compiled it by making it display large in the center of the screen.

We will complete the basic system of erotic scene with this Tester.
When the handman and the production number are completed, I will release a trial version for the time being.
I think it will take some time yet, please wait a little more.
Exciting!

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The overall system sounds great.
Still not a huge fan of the character design but maybe she'll grow on me. I hope there are also some scenes in her "untransformed" design (black hair) as well. The ridiculous outfit is the main problem I got with her.

cestefani

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Could anyone enlighten little poor ignorant me? Does the Side Story game have a trial version?

The only one I found is "Hounds of the Blade Side Story リサ・ゴキブリ姦編" under /download (which is only one cutscene),
and I can't load the blog. I think it's down or somethin'.

Could someone give me the link to the latest trial, if possible?