What's new

How do DLsite and Megami Crisis releases work?

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I see now that Volume 17 is out on DLsite, and #1 actually, but for something that popular, it's nowhere to be found online. In fact, not even the one before it, volume 16, is anywhere to be seen on the internet.

My question is, do the DLsite pages over digital downloads as I'd think they would or are they physical manga shipped to people? And why has volume 16 not been scanned or whatever since it came out in January?

I just want my Raidy, man...

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: How do DLsite and Megami Crisis releases work?

As the name would imply, I'm pretty sure DLsite is all about digital downloads.
So you'll get a .zip of usually either a folder of images, a .pdf, or both.
These generally won't be scans, they will be digital copies of the original master, so slightly better quality.
Though for obvious reasons, you'll get display resolution (some releases will put the resolution in the description), not the full 600dpi print original.

I'm not entirely sure how copy-protected manga work - maybe it ties into acrobat reader somehow, maybe they come with their own reader program.
Don't know, never had one.

In general, if there's an orange button under the preview images, that's "demo".
Most of the time, that'll be in the exact same format and quality as the final product,
just only a few pages. That should tell you exactly what to expect from a buy.

As for specific volumes of specific manga - not sure.
If you're looking at dlsite ENG, try the japanese version instead.
Sometimes stuff isn't put on eng, either because they think it won't sell, or because they're afraid of overseas law. Or just because the publisher didn't ask them to.

Is this the Vol. 16 you're looking for:
In general, on a dlsite item page, check the right sidebar - it'll link to the other stuff by the same publisher.