- Nov 9, 2008
The Campaign shall operate upon the following guidelines, which are henceforth to be denoted as the Laws of the Crimson Throne:
- This Campaign is a 3.5 adventure path with the occasional modification so as to allow for more flexibility and creativity.
- In order to ensure a healthy plot progression, a DM post shall begin to be written when all players have responded at least once, or a majority of the current (7 players, thus 4) players have posted once five days has passed, regardless of those that have yet to post. ((Means 5 days, and I move on regardless)) This rule applies only to non combat situations.
- In order to ensure a healthy plot progression, actions in combat are only resolved after all player actions for a round have been declared, in which each action will be carried out in terms of initiative order (the same does not apply for enemies who roll a higher initiative than the party, as those will have their actions written out before player declarations begin.) To compensate, each player gets a "free ready" action per round of combat, which they can use to have their character take an alternative action should the situation change unexpectedly following another resolved action in the same round. Characters that fail to declare their actions within five days, or have both their normal and readied actions voided due to events in battle will be "NPCed" to take the most plausible IC action.
- There shall be NO cheating of dice whatsoever (don't try to reroll multiple times on invisiblecastle, a search function exists just for that). If any player is caught cheating with dice, they have their dice rolled personally by the DM for the remainder of the module, and possibly expelled from the game on a second offense during the course of an adventurer path. Seriously, it's a game, don't cheat.
- Party infighting is forbidden, barring extreme circumstances that warrant such. No, that +1 tome of STR does not give you an excuse to gib your party member. Everyone here is considered to be an adult, act like it. Settle disputes with majority rule or something.
- Should be obvious enough, but it should be noted that this campaign is NOT an ERP. If you're looking for one, sorry but please look elsewhere. That's not saying smut can't happen within the party, just that a reminder that most things ARE out to kill you, and any that actually "rapes" you will probably level drain you back to a level 1 plebian at higher levels.
- Have fun. No really, I will beat you with a spork if you don't have fun.