What's new

How to install mods on Skyrim?

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
title explains it, the problem i have is when installing mods that need requierements.

I have really no idea how to install sexmods. Reason? it says on the requirements that i need a program, but then at the same time THAT program requires the thing before

Like what do i have to even do in the first place?...

Let's make an example: DefeatMOD

it requires sexlab, but then it requires other things at the same time... those OTHER things require sexlab first and now it got me all confused

Does that program called MOD MANAGER makes things like this super easy? i just have to download all the programs and the manager will install them?

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: How to install mods on Skyrim?

title explains it, the problem i have is when installing mods that need requierements.

I have really no idea how to install sexmods. Reason? it says on the requirements that i need a program, but then at the same time THAT program requires the thing before

Like what do i have to even do in the first place?...

Let's make an example: DefeatMOD

it requires sexlab, but then it requires other things at the same time... those OTHER things require sexlab first and now it got me all confused

Does that program called MOD MANAGER makes things like this super easy? i just have to download all the programs and the manager will install them?
Alright, lemme warn you first of all - sexmodding Skyrim is a fair bit of work and will take a long time to get working properly. Expect a lot of ctds, a lot of weird animation errors and all that before anything works. Also, if you get sick of all this, you can't remove the mods unless you either manually delete the files from the folder or do a clean install of the game.

That said, first you'll want to go , to the "how to" page on Loverslab (one of the main Skyrim sexmodding websites).

Do what that page tells you, even the optional stuff. Do it in the order it tells you, skipping steps is liable to break things.

Once you have all those, make sure you have a mod manager of sorts. I personally recommend , but the Nexus Mod Manager works too. Make sure you copy every mod you install into MO so you can disable it later if you want.

Once you have all that stuff set up and running, pick and download the mods you want. Make sure you have the things they require installed before you install them, and make sure you run GenerateFNIS For Users before you open the game, and it *should* work.