What's new

How to solve Japanese Captcha with lexilogos?

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So.... I was trying to solve a captcha and I used this site - lexilogos.com

I tried for a good hour trying to solve 1 but I couldn't do it..... Its like some of the symbols that I saw on the catcha just wasn't there on Lexiogos. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, I was hoping I could have a few people solve these using the site I mentioned above, copy and paste them here.

gummyimages.com/images/2016/03/10/Untitled-1.jpg

I can't post urls since my post count is low. If someone could make a BB code, that'd help.

hopefully I can get familiar with them a bit since a lot of them repeat.

cutgold

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: How to solve Japanese Captcha with lexilogos?

You need to learn Gojuon. Or atleast have a table by your side,
is actually good enough.

You recognise the symbol, find its pronunciation, and then you can input it using microsoft Japanese input. You need to add Japanese to your languages and input though. For example if you see シ, typing 'shi' should get you there.

Lastly, Japanese kanas are not even logographic, they are syllabary.

OP
Saphire1118

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well, I didn't learn it but I did try the table and another hour wasted......

I did more research and I learned that you can use google translate, change language to Japanese, and click the bot left symbol and turn on handwriting. You can try to draw the symbols and it appears at the bottom.

But Now even that is working for me even though I think I'm putting in the right ones. I notice that sometimes there are 2 symbols that look exactly the same, one little, one bigger. I'm assuming lower and upper but in captcha I'm assuming all lower will work.

sigh.... I'm stumped. Just wanna take a lazy way out and get it done.

cutgold

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There is no 'big' or 'small' as in Japanese captcha. They don't exist.

You probably need this:

The above tells you how to add any language to your windows. Some of the kanas are confusing, e.g. ケ vs. ク, ン vs. ソ, and there is no way to tell them apart unless you know what a 'stroke' is in East Asian writing systems.

So I'd suggest you use the table really well. There is no shortcut in learning languages or even just the writing systems.

OP
Saphire1118

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

thx for the reply. any help is appreciated. I'll take a look when I can.

cutgold

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wait a minute have you ever considered copy-paste from the table on wikipedia? I believe that solves all the problems, provided you can recognise who is who.