What's new

I slowly take off my wizard hat...

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score
Re: I slowly take off my wizard hat...

I'm afraid you're going to have to make a roll to raise your wand (1d20)

OP
Magus

Magus

Banned
Reputation score

*rolls a natural 20* Look at that!! We are at 8 inches and climbing captain! (please roll a saving throw...mmmm)

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

What do you do if they're undead and resistant to peircing damage?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I rolled 12 and I have...+7. Does 19 save? I use fascinate. My perform is at +18 and I roll... a 7. DC 25 will save or become fascinated.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I rolled 12 and I have...+7. Does 19 save? I use fascinate. My perform is at +18 and I roll... a 7. DC 25 will save or become fascinated.
No, 19 does not save. The base DC against an Incubus is 21, and that's assuming that it's an ordinary, boring one straight out of the MM. I've always used a 9HD Incubus with PC stats, modified feat selection and equipment... which usually gives a save v charm of around 40.

I.. erm... can do horrible things with D&D stats. The above is supposedly a balanced ECL 15 character. Who can teleport and turn ethereal at will, making them ridiculously hard to catch/hurt and can successfully charm and level drain more or less anything easily.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Assuming elite array that would make the save DC 24, then, since it's equivalent of a third level spell, without charisma boosting items or ability focus. But that's CR 10 monster against completely non-optimized level 8 character. What was the Suggestion?

Compared to having access to 8th level spells, that's not too unbalanced. As for optimized, continuing to take outsider HD after reaching the minimum required doesn't sound very optimized since you don't get any new abilities. Taking levels in sorcerer or bard instead... Sure, for 15th level character 2nd level spells or 3 level bard's bardic music isn't very good, but provided you choose effects that don't allow for spell resistance you get basically automatic successes.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Compared to having access to 8th level spells, that's not too unbalanced. As for optimized, continuing to take outsider HD after reaching the minimum required doesn't sound very optimized since you don't get any new abilities. Taking levels in sorcerer or bard instead... Sure, for 15th level character 2nd level spells or 3 level bard's bardic music isn't very good, but provided you choose effects that don't allow for spell resistance you get basically automatic successes.
Actually, if you follow the some of the advancement rules in Savage Species, I think, you can pick new abilities at appropriate levels. While 3 extra HD doesn't provide the same benefit as actual class levels, it does allow to add things such as a 1/day greater planeshift as a logical extension of the greater teleport at will power. Or another spell as a logical extension of charm or suggestion powers 1/day, such as say, Dominate. And lets face it, outsider HD are pretty good with full BAB, all favoured saves and 8+ skills.

Additionally, you can take a spelltouched feat to anchor them to whatever plane they're currently on, removing the weakness of being able to be banished.

Plus, for fluff reasons, I don't like outsiders taking class levels without special circumstances, since they're made for a purpose rather than trained, which should involve a certain level of difficulty in learning skills outside their intended field.

Oh, and when i say PC stats, I mean 32 point buy. Elite Array is minion stats.

Last edited:
OP
Magus

Magus

Banned
Reputation score

*slowly strips out of his wizard robe*

R

Ryka

Magus, you are silly. Just silly. How am I supposed to take y- you know what? You're just silly.

OP
Magus

Magus

Banned
Reputation score

I have a bunch of wizard stuff to still remove, like my wizard tank top, wizard cape, wizard pants, wizard boxers.....
>.>
<.<

Uhh... *casts level 10 summon tentacle appendages*

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

That's a warlock spell you silly boy.
You're a wizard, you should rather raise your wand and attempt a nice long thick magic missile

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Pfft. Warlocks don't cast spells.

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I may be thread necroing and if I am I apologize but I found this and just have to state reading this made me lol for at least 5 minutes straight.

OP
Magus

Magus

Banned
Reputation score

I may be thread necroing and if I am I apologize but I found this and just have to state reading this made me lol for at least 5 minutes straight.
Well thanks, at least -someone- understands why I started it in the first place. :D

Serious people that always have sticks up their asses will probably not agree and think this blasphemy should have never taken place... and will then hurry to the "Vanilla hentai" section of the forum to look for virgin sex genre of hentai.

But I'm glad someone got it. That's all that matters to me. :)

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

=|

Doing a poor knock off of bloodninja in an unnecessary thread placed in the wrong area of the forum does not a joke make.

Frankly, there was nothing you did to get.

OP
Magus

Magus

Banned
Reputation score

=|

Doing a poor knock off of bloodninja in an unnecessary thread placed in the wrong area of the forum does not a joke make.

Frankly, there was nothing you did to get.
Who or what is bloodninja?
And why can't I just have a bit of fun and make people laugh? I mean I notice how serious people can get over rp, but this thread I made was made for people who just want to come and be silly and let their hair hang for a bit. I'm sure there are millions of other threads for people who want to roleplay fiercely. What's the point of picking this one to criticize for not being consistent. If you want, I'll start an rp thread that's purely "ok make your character bio and buy your weapons to kill monsters and bosses" but since I'm fairly new to contributing and taking part in this forum (as for forums in general; I don't do forums usually. This is the first one I'm actually serious about being a part of, as you can see I can't be expected to know everything and I'm not to proud to ask for help) and I'm also trying to make a few friends along the way. Right now I'm testing the waters for to see if there's any people who have a sense of humor that don't feel like they're being stared down the nose because they came here to laugh or take a break from all the regular rp's and daily stresses.

And frankly Inc, you're welcome to come and let yourself go and be silly here too in this thread I made, if you can find yourself capable of it. Please don't take this as a flame or a troll, but rather an invitation for you to dispense some comedy at your leisure should you so desire.

Also, if I posted this in the wrong place, it would help to know where to post stuff like this in the future.

In closing, don't make me give you an enema. :p