What's new

SIM [Illusion] コイカツ! / Koikatu

theaq44

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The new Illusion game Kokaitu is out today.

The page on Illusion's site:

The as of writing blank wiki:

selling page at getchu :

1st DLC :

This game runs pretty smoothly this time around ( I think they used an engine the developed themselves) but the loading is pretty lengthy.
I can't read Japanese but I'll mess around to see what I can find.

The plot this time is the PC lives alone because the Parents work overseas. Your aunt is the chairman of an all girls school and enrolls you to get them used to interacting with some who has a Y chromosome.

The engine, gameplay and art take after artificial academy (AA) more than the sexy beach and play home serie.

This time, you got a small story VN like running side by side with the usual seducing girl part of the game.

The story is that you are transfered to an all-girls-school run by your aunt, were you'll be the only man since even every member of the staff (at least that you can see) is female.

Gameplay:
The game is free to roam and do as you like from the start. But there's some VN part with 4 girls - the side story. Theses girl ONLY appear during their own scripted events.
Each of the 4 storied girls has personality and reactions that cannot be recreated with the character creator so you've got some special interest to do their story. Sadly, once a girl story is over, you won't see her again in the school.

As usual, the game start by choosing your avatar (remember to create one if you don't want one of the 2 default), then you fill the differents class with girl from the card you have (you can create girl yourself, take from the pre made card by illusion, or use illusion sharing server avaiable from the game to download new card).
Once done, you got a bit of VN for introducing the situation, and you're free to go.

You have school from monday to saturday, and sunday is no activity unless you got a date planned out.
Each school day has free roaming at 1) lunchbreak 2) club time 3) after school
During each roaming period, you got a limited amount of time to spend, you can move freely around (be careful not to be caught by the girlif you go to the shower / locker / toilet), you can try to search for some spot to increase your stats (big bubble with icon related to stat), or talk with the girls.
You can interact a limitide number of time per period with a given girl. You can talk (small talk, get to know what she like or everyday small talk), have more meaningful talk (you got to answer question about your taste... and her raction depend on her taste. If she ask you if you like cofee black or sweet- answering what she like will increase her affection).
Or you can ask the girl to be your lover, do H go studies....
Each one consume time you can spend with the girl for a period.

During each period, one of the special character will be here - one of the 4 storied girls (noted by a star on the map) - to progress her story, or one of the 3 teacher (well, 1 teacher, your homeroom teacher and the nurse).
The teacher are the only special character that are still present in the game after the 4 stories are ended. And if you talk enough to them... they'll want to check what you teach the girls about men... you know, physically ^^

So, the rest is like AA, create girl, talk to them to increase their affection (neutral -> friend -> lover), recruit them to your club (or not), and do H.

So, the special part in Koikatu compared to AA serie, is that you have to learn most of the H position.
There broadly 3 way to do that :
1) Story related. Each of the four girl with a story, has one special position related to her H scene, so you'll only learn that position by doing it with her.
2) Club rank. By talking with girl (social), getting new member in the club (recruit) or having sex with them (H), you'll increase the club level, each lv unlock a position. But it's very limited.
3) Raise girl H stats. Each girl has her own H stats (broadly speaking it's related to the part og her body and the action - breadt sensitivity, niple sensitivity, vaginal, ass, butt...) the more you have sex, foreplay, the more the stat rise. Once one girl got a stat at a certain value, you learn a position.

and extra 4) for going with a girl to explore the event that raise the hero H value.

As usual, Illusion release lot of patch (including extra content - clothes, personality, lesbian sex even) and some DLC with big extra content.

Last edited by a moderator:

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Isn't that a bit wrong? Male is XY and female is XX. Are we getting used to other guys?

Sidewinder89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The Charamaker is quite something and free roam with the promise of real gameplay! Holy shit Illusion got their shit together... or maybe not. Whatever you hear about this game don't get hyped. This is number 1 rule for illusion. Don't get hyped and prepare for the worst and you`ll enjoy every single release i swear (yea you'll have neverending situations of "if they just took that a little bit further") but still better than the wow this is artificial academy 3(hell, no it's not) and nothing than dissappointment. But overall this one at the very least has some gameplay instead of the VN shit they did the two releases before. So consult you're favorite girly or cat.si and try it for yourself but please stay away from artificial academy 3 comparisons. Or a angry pack of skunks will gas your life away.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
that be nice
From what I heard, and there's absolutely no tangible proof that I could find supporting it, this game is something of a test run for AA3. Seeing what works, seeing what doesn't. But honestly I think that's just wishful thinking.

I am interested in this game though.....I figure however that much like AA2, most of my time in this game will be spent in Character creation....

Sidewinder89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
From what I heard, and there's absolutely no tangible proof that I could find supporting it, this game is something of a test run for AA3. Seeing what works, seeing what doesn't. But honestly I think that's just wishful thinking.

I am interested in this game though.....I figure however that much like AA2, most of my time in this game will be spent in Character creation....
I would really love to know where you got this information from, not that i doubt it, but with a company history where basically most of the staff is full of people fresh from the university that use illusion as a stepping stone to the industry and the overall alltime employees like a minority. So i'm kinda really doubting this was some kind of marketing test. But maybe you're right i just would love to have more info on this statement

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I would really love to know where you got this information from, not that i doubt it, but with a company history where basically most of the staff is full of people fresh from the university that use illusion as a stepping stone to the industry and the overall alltime employees like a minority. So i'm kinda really doubting this was some kind of marketing test. But maybe you're right i just would love to have more info on this statement
I heard it from the modding presence over on Hongfire forum. And I myself doubt it "But honestly I think that's just wishful thinking". This game is being sold to make money, if they use what they learn from it to further development for another.....well, that's obvious. All companies do that. But created for the sake of it? No, I can't honestly believe it. But as I have not paid a visit to their site/blog/tweeter/etc. I also can't deny it either, which is why I threw that piece of info out there. It's what I heard and I have no tangible proof that could support it.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Here's my save. The story isn't 100% but I think I have all the positions unlocked. All available in freemode too.

Sidewinder89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I heard it from the modding presence over on Hongfire forum. And I myself doubt it "But honestly I think that's just wishful thinking". This game is being sold to make money, if they use what they learn from it to further development for another.....well, that's obvious. All companies do that. But created for the sake of it? No, I can't honestly believe it. But as I have not paid a visit to their site/blog/tweeter/etc. I also can't deny it either, which is why I threw that piece of info out there. It's what I heard and I have no tangible proof that could support it.
Ok i see, i wish you best of luck with the Charamaker/Studio. I still wonder where exactly you got your info from but who cares. I'm kinda semiactive at hongfire too. They usually don't spread untenable opinions.

minkyhort60

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does this run on Win7 32 bit?
If no, then is there any chance for this game to run on Win 7 32 bit?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Seems to take a lot from AA2, but this time no male rivalries, the excuse being you enrolled in an all girls school recycled plotline. At least, there doesn't seem to be an option to have Yandere/NTR moments, more over it feels like a regular joe simulator with all you can eat anime girls. But, till the English patches come which will inevitably happen since this is an Illusion title, it's probably best to wait it out and see if there's content hidden behind the shallow waters.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Here's my (unfinished) save for Koikatu

Warning: The save used an older version of BepInEx and my existing story mode save may not load properly if you don't have the "ExtensibleSaveFormat.dll" file in the BepInEx directory. This doesn't appear to effect anything else

What's available:

1. 65 positions unlocked (Note that some positions are exclusive to certain areas of the school and I likely have overlooked several)
2. All story exclusive girls events unlocked
3. All teachers available for sex
4. Male parameters all maxed out
5. Club maxed out with a rating of S.
6. The following personality types made into a girlfriend and joined the club: Pure, Sexy, Maternal, Gal, Yandere, High Handedness, Evil Eye?, Wild, Sister Skin?
7. The following personality types H parameters maxed out: Sexy

What's not finished:

1. Only 2 of the Teachers have not had all of their H parameters maxed
2. Not all personality types are lovers or part of the club
3. Have not had sex with all the personality types

Q: Has anyone been edited?
A: Only the male character I'm using, no one else has been altered

Last edited:

dark1193

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Here's my (unfinished) save for Koikatu

What's available: 60 positions unlocked, all story exclusive girls events unlocked, all teachers available for sex and club maxed out with a rating of S.
What's not finished: 2 of the Teachers have not had all of their H parameters maxed, might not even be needed but we'll see
What probably doesn't need to be finished: students aren't all lovers, have not had sex with everyone.
Has anyone been edited?: Only the male character I'm using, no one else has been altered

Edit: Updated
are there any ntr?

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
So? Is it more of the same disappointing Illusion? All pretty graphics and bad/no gameplay?

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I've updated my save above

are there any ntr?
As far as I'm aware of, no. Might be in a future dlc though, otherwise you'll just have to get your ntr fix by uploading your custom waifu and have other people post pics of them having sex with her

So? Is it more of the same disappointing Illusion? All pretty graphics and bad/no gameplay?
Lots of gameplay matter of fact. The overworld content might disappoint you though, especially if you expect an Artificial Academy 2 like experience, however The H content is plentiful, it's like Honey Select but also has Schoolmate touching's foreplay mechanics, you can even touch girls while fucking them.

Last edited: