What's new

SIM [Illusion] コイカツ! / Koikatu

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Changing girls personality to four approved darkness types will work.
hey
i've tried that
but when i load a girl whose personality i changed in order to appear as selectable in darkness
it gets stuck at loading screen after i hit start

edit: NVM
It's not loading ANY girl
Why?
It worked before

I recently deleted koikatu_party which was in ANOTHER completely different folder not even close one to another
But, could that be!?

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Koikatu party is another game.
But there are different file for patching koikatu & koikatu party. If you installed a koikatu party patch on the game koikatu it might have killed the game.

Is only darkness bugging or all the game ?
If it's all the game, A clean install would be the easiest solution.
If it's only darkness, just reinstalling darkness over the installed game should work.

Oh, and koikatu take a lot out of your computer, especially with the translation plug-in installed. It might take a lot of time to load, or just fail because of that if your computer is really old.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hello first thanks

1.I'm only using free h mode
2. Only darkess scene gets stuck in loading (the other scenes load just fine)
3.that's the only bug, chara maker/normal h/etc works fine
4.i got it from a repack, can i get darkness separate to install? (or if it's a repack i can't?)

5.i got koikatu party as a repack too and was in a separate isolated folder
6.i've never installed anything over that repack, it suddenly stopped loading darkness free h scenes
7.normal h scenes don't take long to load

EDIT: There is something in BepInEx that makes this error (because if i remove the folder the scene loads)
Is there something known in BepInEx as of now that doesn't work with darkness ?
Because for the hell of me i have no idea what could be since i didn't add anything to that folder that i'm aware of

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
As far as I know, there different version of BepInEx.
You might want to try downloading the latest version (or installing the lastest HF patch). Darkness being the lastest dlc, the plug-in might not be up to date to deal with the extra content (I'm completly noob at programing so that's wild guess)

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
As far as I know, there different version of BepInEx.
You might want to try downloading the latest version (or installing the lastest HF patch). Darkness being the lastest dlc, the plug-in might not be up to date to deal with the extra content (I'm completly noob at programing so that's wild guess)
And make sure you go with 4.1.2, I don't think BepInEx 5.0 is currently compatible with Koikatsu. Also, make sure you didn't install any Emotion Creators plugins by mistake, they can cause problems.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
thanks
tried installing 4.1.2
still gets stuck
It always gets stuck at the same spot on the loading bar
like 4/5 aproximately (exactly there the "g" ends)

i don't remember installing any Emotion Creators mod, i think it even is a separate game as i was told before in this same thread?

Bryanis

Reputation score
Unless you installed specific mods, you may want to try using HF patch. If it fail, you might want to consider deleting and making a clean install -_-

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
i swear this game is crazy
upon giving up i came back and when moving bepinex to another location (for it to work in a vanilla state-no pov-no mods chars looking broken/half assed) and then back in it loaded all fine
(only thing no pov)
wtf game?
or more like wtf pc?

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello, sorry for a necro

Just want to ask, is there anyway to disable auto save on chara maker?

pocencer

Reputation score
just download darkness version, very hard to find one girl in break time.
any walkthrough for darkness? go straight to NTR, virgin if posible

Bryanis

Reputation score
just download darkness version, very hard to find one girl in break time.
any walkthrough for darkness? go straight to NTR, virgin if posible
Darkness only work with a few personalities (don't remember the list).
To initiate Darkness, you just have to get a girl with a darkness-compatible personality to accept to follow you. Whatever her sexual experience or relationship level with you.
Then you go to the Janitor room (3rd floor, locked door between stair and Japanese culture club room), there will be a specific icone on the door. Use it and voila.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I should warn you, the darkness is garbage, barely anything at all in it. Just illusion being miserable failures like they usually are ;p

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I should warn you, the darkness is garbage, barely anything at all in it. Just illusion being miserable failures like they usually are ;p
I'll defend AA2 to my dying breath :V

But honestly inter-NPC interactions helped a lot in making that game not-boring, especially once they started developing quirks at around the 100+ hour mark. Cliques formed, fights broke out, and the occasional murder here or there by the resident creepazoid followed by the inevitable new lamb thrown into a den of wolves to keep the roster full.

Then Koikatsu gutted all that in favour of a "story". A story without even any cat-fights!

:V

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'll defend AA2 to my dying breath :V

But honestly inter-NPC interactions helped a lot in making that game not-boring, especially once they started developing quirks at around the 100+ hour mark. Cliques formed, fights broke out, and the occasional murder here or there by the resident creepazoid followed by the inevitable new lamb thrown into a den of wolves to keep the roster full.

Then Koikatsu gutted all that in favour of a "story". A story without even any cat-fights!

:V
There's a story in koikatsu? Hold the presses this is the first i heard of anything. I thought it was more of a bedtime story for when I was having trouble sleeping xD Someone needs to slap illusion silly so that they wake up and make aa3 at last. edit: at this point i've been playing aa2 alot for several years now. I"ve had alot of practice which made me get really good at well, determing on how to win fights and charming the girls etc. xD I'm just tired of the same school, need a new locale.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
AA2 allowed more complex characters and characters interaction.
It had a true challenge (you set the difficulty) to get the characters you want to love you. You could get even futher with the chracter cheat edit to add more traits per character.

KK is a harem game. No difficulty, more blend chracters, they just made short story for 4 girls - and you couldn't even get to H theses girls outsiede of the story -_-

Anyway, if we keep going, it's probably better to make a whole new thread about Illusion's game and debate there.

AS for KK darkness, it's just 1 rape scene for 6 type of character. And it has little impact on the girl relationship since it's but like the girl thing she had a life like nightmare when you exist the scene (lol)...