What's new

RPG RPG Maker [IMP] Daughter of Essence - (New Content Update!)

Reputation score

Presents

Version 1.2 Promo.png

33% Off in the Steam Winter Sale!

Link to Steam Patch Notes:

We're also part of this Shady Bundle!
Link to Shady Games Bundle:

The largest and most powerful empire wants you captured at all costs. Their enemies want to control you for their own benefit. The world itself seems to want you dead. You just want to be a normal girl.

About This Game:

Daughter of Essence is a story-driven JRPG set in a dark fantasy universe filled with meaningful choices, a diverse cast of intriguing and fully-realized characters, and erotically-charged, high-stakes adventures.

You play as Mercy Albath, a dangerous and spiteful young woman with a grim fate: she is the Daughter of Essence, and the world cannot abide such power running unchecked.

So run. Build your strength. Fight where you can, when you can. Gather powerful allies and fortify your position. Don't slow down, don't ask questions, and don't think about how much you're willing to sacrifice if you truly want to survive.

Features:

The Daughter of Essence is many things. The youngest child of a wealthy lord. A stubborn, rebellious and crass young woman. A skilled fighter and a wielder of elemental forces beyond comprehension. And a lonely soul, desperate to live a normal life, to be free, to be understood, and to protect the people she cares deeply about.
  • 50 hours of story-driven content packed with interesting characters, difficult choices, and countless secrets
  • Base-building elements with both narrative and mechanical ramifications
  • Relevant and engaging sexual encounters with detailed long-form narration & illustrations
  • Deep and interesting character building options, allowing for a huge variety of playstyles
  • Sideview RPG combat with an Active Time Battle system and distinct timed-attack patterns for different weapon types and spells
  • A large, complex world with many interweaving factions, races, religions and motivations
  • Visually appealing and carefully crafted areas to lose yourself in

Screenshots:

Steam9.png
Steam10.png
Steam13.png
Steam16.png
Steam18.png
Steam19.png

Download:

Steam:
Patreon:
Web Site:
Itch.io:
Game Jolt:

Keep in touch!

Discord:
Twitter:
Youtube:

Artists featured:

Javier Martinez:
Francisco Balbuena:
Falkeart:
Slimii:
Lusty Bumble:
Numinox:
Shape:

Voice Actors

Dorn:
Midnight Datura:
Chloe Angel:

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Hi folks, we're very pleased to announce the public release of our latest chapter: Esterholt. The public build is jumping from 0.24.3 to 0.33.1.

In addition to new chapter, there have been many tweaks, bug-fixes, improvements and additions to the game as a whole. More than we can realistically list in this post, but if you would like to see the full changelog, you can scroll through it .

Thank you all for playing, and we hope you enjoy!

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
so.. I'm stuck locked in the smoke-filled captain's room on the ship. Some crates in to the lower left make some noise when interacted with but otherwise.. nothing

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Thank you.
I would probably recommend having something you -need- to pull on the starting island that -doesn't- require a stat check just to familiarize the player with the mechanic, particularly since the controls for it aren't obvious (or perhaps a reminder in the captain's room when you interact with the crate).

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Hi everyone, it's time for a new weekly build! I fixed a lot of bugs and spent way too much time making the world's most complicated cooking side-quest and expanded Mar'Liore.

Also, there's a scene with contortionist twins, which I feel like speaks for itself.

Hope you check us out on !

Version 0.36 - 6/1/2018

• Added a new NSFW scene (F/F/M, Twins, Contortionists)
  • Added more NPCs to Mar’Liore
  • Added a coat fishing sprite for Esterholt
  • Added a cooking quest to Mar’Liore
  • Added Mar’Liore barn
  • Added Eastern Mar’Liore
  • Added contortionists’ tent
  • Added soldiers’ tent
  • Fixed an issue where talking to a chair in the Witchdale barracks would take you down a level
  • Added “Hearty Meal” state to all 4-ingredient recipes, temporarily increasing max HP by 15%
  • Made Hufferpuffer Pie a 4-ingredient recipe
  • Fixed a couple of dialogue boxes in Mar’Liore
  • Updated some dialogue in Witchdale to reflect post-Van Ritter time passage
  • Minron’s book is no longer obtainable after the Witchdale chapter
  • Removed Minron from Witchdale after your initial departure
  • Dietrich now correctly leaves when Mercy asks him to
  • The “mysterious flask” item is now correctly removed from Mercy’s inventory when she gives it to the peacekeeper
  • Removed Olma from Witchdale after your initial departure (if she stowed away)
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn’t push the snowball into the hole in the Esterholt hunting grounds
  • Replacing the idol now properly removes it from your inventory

mikshe

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Where do you get a fishing rod for one of the first side quests?

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Hi everyone,

As promised, the latest weekly build is live and features the fully implemented quest journal system.

This has been a feature requested since the very beginning, and I'd always meant to get around to it, but I'd always prioritized other work since it wasn't very exciting to look at (or work on).

But, enough was enough, and I spent most of the week grinding to get it out the way. I'm happy to announce that it's finished, and I can now move on to more exciting things!

New to the game? Try it out by downloading it at

Version 0.37 - 6/8/2018
  • Implemented a full quest journal system
  • Added Mar’Liore Mill (WIP)
  • Added Mar’Liore Pub (WIP)
  • Fixed an issue where Vincent will give Mercy a 2nd fishing rod if she has upgraded hers already
  • Fixed an issue where Mercy didn’t recover when first boarding Bell’s ship
  • Made some waterfall tile edits
  • Fixed a number of typos
  • Fixed an issue where the cutscene doesn’t play upon first entering Mar’Liore
  • Fixed an issue where you could sell stuff to fires
  • Fixed an issue where Luca thought she was still in Witchdale
  • Fixed an issue where Stephen says “cheers” before giving you a drink
  • Fixed an issue where Mar’Liore overlays persisted on the world map

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Hi everyone,

Version 0.38 is now live and available as both a weekly and alpha build for patrons.

I'll be away next Friday and won't be able to send any builds. I wanted to make sure this week's had plenty of interesting content.

I hope everyone enjoys it, and that it can tide you over until I get back on the 25th.

New to the game? Try out public build at

Thanks,

Nym

Version 0.38 - 6/15/2018

• Added Mar’Liore Meadow
  • Added Mar’Liore Lakeside
  • Added Mar’Liore Lake
  • Added Mar’Liore Lake Cavern
  • Added new optional boss fight & story content
  • Added optional meadow quest
  • Added new NSFW scene (F/F, Szarva)
  • Added a handful of items to Mar’Liore and surrounding areas
  • Added new, respawning enemies to the meadow/lake areas
  • The braziers in the monument space are now correctly illuminated
  • Aunt Agatha will be asleep in her room after Mercy awakens from the monument dream

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

We're back! Thanks everyone for your patience while I was on the road for nearly a week. It was stressful and exhausting, but we're home now and back on the grind.

I spent way too much time this week making the wildlife in Mar'Liore different depending on the time of day. We've reached the beginning of the nighttime portion, so next week is going to focus on wrapping up all the celebrations and festivities.

The events in Mar'Liore ESCALATE quickly.

Remember, anyone can try the public build at

Hope you enjoy,
Nym

Version 0.39 - 6/29/2018

• Added Mar’Liore Overlook
  • Added many new NPCs to Mar’Liore
  • Added the Mar’Liore evening phase
  • Added a new optional 1-on-1 fight
  • Added lights & fireflies to nighttime Mar’Liore
  • Updated the quest journal to reflect new content
  • Progressed the narrative
  • Fixed a number of tile passability issues in eastern Mar’Liore
  • Fixed some tile overlay issues
  • Fixed some typos and text run-offs

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

The Big 4-0

Hey everyone. We did it! We somehow managed to survive until the 40th weekly release of DoE.

Some days I'm not sure where the time has gone! Other nights... like tonight... it has felt like the passing of ten-thousand years.

But the march continues ever forward, and I'm here to present the notes for our latest and greatest.

As always, thanks for playing, and we hope you have fun.

New to the game? The public build is here:

Nym

Version 0.40 - 7/6/2018

• Added level 16 skills to each of Orus’s classes (Note: if Orus is already level 16 or higher in your playthrough (somehow), sleeping at the Mar’Liore inn will teach Orus these skills.
  • Added new toy to Wulfhilde’s tier 3 night essence station
  • Added Mar’Liore Cove
  • Added new NSFW scene! (Solo F, Toys, Weird)
  • Added a lot of conditional dialogue to Mar’Liore regarding the szarva quest
  • Started branching the different plot options (three different paths in Mar’Liore): Belka Diversion, Plant Southgate Crest, Plant Oldlight Letter Opener
  • Added the results of the Mar’Liore cooking quest
  • Added Captain Lars’ Ornamental Letter Opener to the crime scene
  • Added a feature where on-map encounters are repulsed by the new “Night Aura” status
  • Added a lot of barely-perceptible contextual changes to Mar’Liore based on branching paths, time of day and order of events
  • Fixed a bug where leaving Esterholt reverts Mercy to an older iteration of her battler sprite
  • Fixed a few skills that could be used from the menu to no effect

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Weekly Build: v0.41!

Hello! Got a fun little build uploading this week with some cool new cutscenes and some awesome scene art. There's also a new alpha build ready to send out to our alpha patrons.
A TON of time was dumped into a couple of very short scenes, but that's game dev life, haha. I'm starting to really love the characters of Leite and Gorps, and I hope you do as well.

New to the game? You can try the free public build here:

Without further ado:

Version 0.41 - 7/13/2018

• Added new NSFW scene art (Belka & Mercy)!
  • Added Mar’Liore fireworks cutscene
  • Added rowboat cutscene
  • Added Mar’Liore Docks
  • Added “Well-Rested” state to inn to encourage use over ship’s bed
  • Progressed the main story
  • Dropped AGI rubber-banding cap from 3 to 2.5
  • Updated quest journal
  • Fixed a glitch where the Hallie cutscene could be repeated in Carvannah
  • Fixed an issue where the Carvannah doctor could trap you in the corner
  • Added a ton more conditional quest checks to different events around Mar’Liore
  • Fixed some of the overlay lighting being improperly sized

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Version: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Good evening! I will keep this short and sweet, since the patch notes are LONG and SAVORY.
Managed to get a lot of work done this week, including many relatively major system updates and changes. The notes will speak for themselves, mostly, but I will say that, being still fresh, you can expect some more fine-tuning and balance adjustments to come from these systems.

Also, I fixed an embarrassingly large amount of bugs from version 0.41. Oops! I can't believe nobody either found them or said anything.

Other than that, hope you enjoy!

Version 0.42 - 7/20/2018

• Added many new menu options, including vsync, window colors, & keyboard configuration
  • Added an in-combat status menu to provide more details about status afflictions
  • Added a description to every status effect
  • Advanced the Mar’Liore narrative
  • Improved on-map enemy AI
    • Attacking an on-map enemy’s back will result in a preemptive strike
    • Being back-attacked by a chasing enemy will result in a surprise attack
    • After chasing for 5 seconds, enemies will stop and return to their original location
  • Weapon Skills and Essence Magic are now separated
    • Moon Poison seals off Weapon Skills & can be healed using tentacles
    • Silence seals off Essence Magic & can be healed using beaks
  • A new resource, “Trance,” is now earned in combat. Once this resource is full, Mercy enters a trance-like state, growing more powerful and consuming no MP.
    • The effects of Trance differ slightly based on Mercy’s class
    • Added “Trance” to the menu, giving Mercy 4 different preferences for how to earn Trance based on your preferred playstyle
  • Added a new optional boss-fight
  • Fixed a few tile issues in the cove residential building
  • Mercy can now rest in her room in the Esterholt manor as soon as the ship leaves
  • Colby, in the Esterholt market, now buys a few items at a special rate
  • Increased the value of bronze ore and pearls
  • Added a “Runes” option in the equip menu for ease of upgrading equipment
  • Reorganized the plugin stack to help reduce conflicts
  • Updated Core plugins with numerous compatibility improvements
  • Updated the save screen, players can now delete save files in-game
  • Janie in the Mar’Liore mill will buy swords and rapiers at a special price
  • Removed the “Formation” option from the main menu
  • Fixed an issue with Moon Frog AI
  • Fixed an issue where Elijah would roam around instead of steering the ship
  • Fixed a damage formula bug on the move “Overgrowth”
  • Fixed an issue where a soldier in Mar’Liore was incorrectly named Captain Forrest
  • Fixed a repeating dialogue if Mercy intimidated the hunters in Mar’Liore
  • Fixed the ship still playing storm sounds in Mar’Liore
  • Fixed several typos
  • Fixed an inaccessible clue in Belka’s room
New to the game? Play the public build here:

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New week, new build! Come and get it, fresh off the video game assembly line.

This week's release pretty much wraps up chapter 5, somewhat astonishingly. It'll be a couple more weeks before the chapter goes public, but our non-patron friends will have something to look forward to in the month of August. Non-patrons can try the public build at !

This was another tricky chapter, similar to Witchdale, because there were several branching options for how it resolved, and the quest journal only adds another level of complexity to the whole thing. But it's 99% wrapped up, which feels good.

Chapter 6 will take us to a couple of places more familiar, which will be cool. Don't want to spoil too much just yet, so just hang in there.

I'm also personally working on the art for another scene as we did a poll and I came out as the (surprise) winner but I have to sneak in time for my art here and there or I'll never get any work done on the rest of the game.

Anyway, that's enough rambling. I hope our weekly patrons like the build, and I hope everyone else is looking forward to it!

Version 0.43 - 7/27/2018
  • Fixed an issue where the octopus deepfolk scene could be repeated
  • Added Mar’Liore morning & departure
  • Added different cutscenes for the results of Mercy’s decisions in Mar’Liore
  • Updated Mar’Liore NPCs and ship crew to reflect time passage and choices made
  • Added a new SFW scene (?!)
  • Caught the quest journal back up
  • Fixed an issue where the quest journal and row features were missing from the main menu after 0.42
  • Moon is not going to Mar’Liore after all
  • Added the return of Carlisse (showdown coming soon!)
  • Revised some dialogue in Mar’Liore

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Hi folks!

It's time for a new weekly build! Some of the coolest and deadliest enemies yet make their debut, and there's an exciting new segment playable upon reaching the cove after returning from Mar'Liore.

New to the game? Try the public build at .

Version 0.44 - 8/3/2018
  • Added Carlisse Showdown
  • Added new playable Marlan Segment
  • Fixed a couple of image overlay inconsistencies
  • Fixed a couple of BGS volume issues when transferring locations
  • Changed slip damage (poison, shred, burn, etc.) to allow knockout
  • Fixed an issue where weapon proficiency wasn’t correctly showing in the status menu
  • Updated weapon proficiencies to add 0.3 accuracy and 0.2 crit per level
  • Revised Low Tide to steal slightly less MP than before

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Tried the currently available free version (v 0.33.2 Win). Comments:
The movement is SLOW. Even with Dash permanently 'on' Mercy's movement seems slow
No proper combat tutorial. I realize we are supposed to lose the first battle, but even so a brief overview of the combat and how everything works would be nice
Not enough healing items. I don't know if I did something wrong when I picked "No Element", but so far I have found no healing skill (unless I pick the healing class for Orus) and I am already out of items that restore HP (I think I have just 1 left). Thankfully I did some exploration before leaving the starting island, esle I likely would have gotten stuck with low HP and no way to heal
Eventually I got stuck due to no way (that I can see) to heal or revive Mercy (after she got knocked out in combat)
Then by pure coincidence I found out the Sparkling Phallus can provide regeneration. Knowing that sooner would have saved me a lot of healing tiems... And even that was good enough for just one battle

So far my impression of the game is "poor", but it is still early. Hopefully it will get better as I progress through the story... If I decide to continue later.

I get the feeling I am doing something wrong, but I don't feel like starting over just to try and figure out what.