What's new

Infectionator

Lurker
Reputation score
So I created a new game in my advanced game programming class and my partner and I plan to expand and market it. I'm looking for help with ideas and suggestions on making this a good enough game that you guys would buy it.

Name: Infectionator

You are a virus in the human blood stream. Your goal is to kill your host by eating (collecting) red blood cells while avoiding pills and white blood cells. You must collect 50 red blood cells to win. You can take 10 hits from white blood cells and pills are insta death.

Download here:

Instructions: the setup file will install all necessary files needed to play the game.

Press z once in the game to start and move the virus with the arrow keys.

Thank you to everyone who downloaded and tested the game. All comments are welcome including flames. I need all the help I can get and flames tell me what people didn't like in the game.

Things I'm already aware of: 1 The game is exceptionally hard. This was purposefully made that way to challenge players and testers. I can tweak difficulty at will so suggestions on that are nice.

2 the music in the game doesn't fit. Beast and the harlot by avenged was used as a stop gap to prove we could add music to a game for class and I like avenged (shrug).

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Infectionator

I hate having a suggestion before I play the game, but a game need some kind of story, even if it's complete shit. Even Angry Birds has a story.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

looks, and sounds, like the first part of spore... without the customization.

OP

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate having a suggestion before I play the game, but a game need some kind of story, even if it's complete shit. Even Angry Birds has a story.
Story is definitely something we are thinking of adding to the game.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I think we've got a section for this in blank page, but i'll leave a temporary redirect.

OP

Lurker
Reputation score

I think we've got a section for this in blank page, but i'll leave a temporary redirect.
Totally my bad I assumed that it was for pen and paper games Nunu.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For a platform, I would suggest tailoring it to be sold as either an Xbox Live Arcade or iPhone/Android App type of game. Those are usually simple to play but unique and fun, like what I imagine this to be (haven't played).

I would also suggest either varying difficulties for players who want either a harder or easier game, or multiple levels of increasing difficulty (each level being a different area or organ in the human body, perhaps. Hey, there's your story! ^^). You might also include ways to customize or 'evolve' your virus as you go as well (resistances to certain medicines, temporary 'powers' to help capture blood cells, etc.) as a way to help players combat the increasing difficulty and 'spend' the red blood cells you collect throughout the game.