What's new

Interest Check for D&D 5e Ravenloft Game

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I've been itching to run the new 5th Edition adventure for a while now and I'm considering doing it on here, if there's interest. I'd be looking for a party of three PCs.

I'd be running it from the Curse of Strahd book and I'd be fairly faithful to it, so a part of playing would be an honor-code promise to not glance at the easily available pdf and ruin the adventure for yourself or others.

So what is the adventure?

The adventure is set in the Gothic Horror demi-plane of Barovia, the land of mists, also known as the old Ravenloft setting. You would be adventurers caught in the domain of a vampire lord, trying your best to survive, searching for a way home, and possibly representing a shining light of good in a land overwhelmed by the darkness of evil.

Will there be sexy times?

As this is ULMF, I'm not opposed to having some lewdness in the game, however, the main point would be the story. If you want your characters to have the opportunity for romance or sex, I could weave the opportunity into the story with various NPCs, but you might be better off having your characters be amorous with each other. There are more than a few canon NPCs who could easily be interested in lewd times with your character, but the overall tone of the adventure is more about dealing with terror and evil.

Right, so that's a solid maybe on the smut. So more details about the adventure?

The adventure is very open-ended as written. There's nothing to stop you from going immediately to the final confrontation, aside from the little fact that you'd get the tar beaten out of you if you're under level. Castle Ravenloft is an iconic dungeon known for its deadliness.

The adventure will take you from level 3 to approx level 10. Leveling would be using the milestone system, meaning you level when you achieve a significant victory or acquire a significant item. There are areas aside from the castle that are relatively high level, so players would need to be mindful that it's entirely possible you could be confronting something you should be running away from.

This sounds like my PC could die very easily. I don't like my PC dying.

The adventure has anticipated this. I can weave early PC death into the story and the setting, and maybe have a way for your adventurer to come back. But I won't do that very often and death might well have a permanent effect on your character, so it's still to be avoided at all cost. Barovia is a dangerous place, and the adventure wants you to be fearful for your PC's life.

Okay, so let's say I'm interested in playing. Why use Fifth Edition DnD?

Personal taste. I have a hard time with Pathfinder and prefer this ruleset. It's actually quite neat and character creation takes almost no time at all compared to heavier systems. Yet it still feels classically like D&D should.

So what kind of character can I make?

Anything using the Core books. So since the DMG has rules for Eladrin and Aasimar, you can go ahead and play those if you want. If you want to use something from unearthed arcana, let me know what it is and I'll give it a look.

Also, the Curse of Strahd adventure comes with a Haunted One character background which makes you something of a monster hunter with a dark event in your past. If that sounds like something you'd like, give me a PM.

I'm not sure how popular this idea will be here, but we'll see how it goes.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Interest Check for D&D 5e Ravenloft Game

I'm adding my potential interest, details chit chatted about in pm, leaning a rogue character. Not a huge fan of 5.0, but that also means I got no clue about the potential campaigns. ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome.

In my humble opinion, 5e makes it a little easier to focus more on the story and setting rather than the character sheet. Your mileage may vary.

Character concept for pirate girl is approved.

Anyone else want to wander through the mists?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Try increasing lewdities, thats what held me back in the first place, I just really want to tell some characters stories too. :p

I've heard that 'focus on storytelling' thing before and hold against it that I don't want to tell generic stories, which is what 5.0, at least in part, limits me to, for now... but prove me wrong if you can.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, sure.

GUARANTEED LEWDS AWAIT.

FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF YOUR SOUL! Muahahaha.

And I'm giving you what it says on the tin with regards to the adventure. This is the official DnD reboot of the original Ravenloft module. I'll be following it and making lewd adjustments as I go. I've read through it pretty deeply and I'm convinced it's different from the typical high fantasy setting, so for that reason alone, it's different.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Curse of Strahd? Is that the campaign you running for Ravenloft?

Also, consider my interest in this - considering to make a Tiefling Warlock following the path of light. (See DnD article for 5e, Unearthed Arcana, the underdark Link:

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes. Curse of Strahd.

Lewdified for Ulmf tastes but still with the intent to stay true to the adventure. Warlock idea sounds good. The light patron will be interesting too (though it will make your character stand out like a paladin.) PM me a little background and personality. As far as alignment, no evil please.

So that gives us a chaotic corsair and a shining tiefling. I love the pairing. And there's room for one more!

Care to join us?

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have Corsair theme!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Found an inspirational lewd picture for how a bright tiefling might unwind in Ravenloft:

If either of you wanted to start designing your characters, you're welcome to. If you need the books, I can give you a link, but they're fairly easy to find on the internet.

Ability scores: You can roll 4d6 and drop the lowest, then assign the six results to where you want them to go. If your results aren't what you'd like them to be due to poor luck, you can assign the following numbers to your ability scores before adding racial bonuses. {16, 14, 13, 11, 10, 8}.

Racial and Class options should be fairly straight forward.

Background, you can choose any from the core book, the Sword Coast adventurer's guide, and/or you can take the Haunted One background, which gives the following:
You are haunted by something so terrible that you dare
not speak of it. You've tried to bury it and run away from
it, to no avail. Whatever this thing is that haunts you
can't be slain with a sword or banished with a spell. It
might come to you as a shadow on the wall, a bloodcurdling
nightmare, a memory that refuses to die, or
a demonic whisper in the dark. The burden has taken
its toll, isolating you from most people and making you
question your sanity. You must find a way to overcome it
before it destroys you.

Skill Proficiencies: Choose one of Arcana, Investigation,
Religion, or Survival
Languages: Choose one exotic language (Abyssal, Celestial,
Deep Speech, Draconic, Infernal, Primordial,
Sylvan, or Undercommon)
Equipment: Monster hunter's pack (a chest, a crowbar, a hammer, three wooden stakes, a holy symbol, a flask of holy water, a set of manacles, a steel mirror, a flask of oil, a tinderbox, and 3 torches.), and one
trinket of special significance.

FEATURE: HEART OF DARKNESS
Those who look into your eyes can see that you have
faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger
to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners
will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to
help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger
to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside
you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

HARROWING EVENT
Prior to becoming an adventurer, your path in life was
defined by one dark moment, one fateful decision, or one
tragedy. Now you feel a darkness threatening to consume
you, and you fear there may be no hope of escape.
Choose a harrowing event that haunts you, or roll one
on the Harrowing Events table.

We will start the campaign at level 3, so you are people who have had a few adventures under your belt but are still not extremely powerful.

EDIT: After some talking in the shoutbox, it appears we have the third slot filled with a ranger. I'll see about getting us a subforum.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Do you have a preferd set up for the character sheet? (I like to write mine out, see my game) Can you be a dear and pm poke me for where the subforum will be?
I'll tinker up a swashbuckler soon, prolly variant human.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The subforum will be in the Play by Post section, same area where the Pathfinder game is found.

Once Mind Flayer gets it going I'll set up the character thread. You can write out your character template there. Until then, PM me any questions you have.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rollz:
Roll(4d6)+0:
5,3,5,1,+0
Total:14

Roll(4d6)+0:
4,3,2,1,+0
Total:10

Roll(4d6)+0:
4,1,6,6,+0
Total:17

Roll(4d6)+0:
2,6,1,5,+0
Total:14

Roll(4d6)+0:
5,1,5,4,+0
Total:15

Roll(4d6)+0:
5,1,4,1,+0
Total:11

hp
Roll(1d8)+0:
8,+0
Total:8

Roll(1d8)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

aka 13, 9, 16, 13, 14, 10, not much moar than the base average, but lotsa highish average things. ^^

Hitpoints are neat at least, 21 + cons mod

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's a template for character sheet to follow:

Character Name:
Class & Level
Race
Background
Alignment

Ability Scores [Modifiers]
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

HP:
Hit Dice:
Armor Class:
Initiative Bonus:
Speed:
Proficiency Bonus:
Saving Throws:
Proficiencies: (Armors, Weapons, Tools, Instruments...)

Skills:
Acrobatics
Animal Handling
Arcana
Athletics
Deception
History
Insight
Intimidation
Investigation
Medicine
Nature
Perception
Performance
Persuasion
Religion
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Survival

Racial Traits

Background Traits

Class Traits

Cantrips Known

Spells Known

Prepared Spells

Spellslots

GEAR

Description: (Pics are great)

Backstory: (Whether you know why or not, something about you has drawn the attention of the darkness that dwells beyond the mists. What kind of person are you? What's your story?)

Fetishes: (This version of the setting will be slightly more erotic than usual, so please let me know what you wouldn't mind seeing and if I'm comfortable with it, I'll try to work it in. Also let me know sexual orientations of your character.)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Character Name: 'The Cursed' Rovana, Rovana The Reaver, Captain Rovana
Class & Level: Rogue 3 (Swashbuckler)
Race: Human (variant)
Background: Sailor (Pirate variant)
Alignment: CN

STR 10
DEX 17 +3
CON 13 +1
INT 13 +1
WIS 9 -1
CHA 15 +2

HP: 24
Hit Dice: 3d8
Armor Class: 13
Initiative Bonus: +5
Speed: 30 ft
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Saving Throws: Dex and Int

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Deception
Intimidation
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Performance (oratory)

Racial Traits: +1 to cha and dex, 1 bonus skill +1 feat(Magic initiate -wizard)

Background Traits:
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Perception
Feature: Bad Reputation: Can get away with minor crimes because people are scareds!
Tool Proficiencies: Navigator’s tools, vehicles (water)
Equipment: A belaying pin (club), 50 feet o f silk rope,
a lucky charm(see pic) a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Class Traits: Expertise(Deception, Intimidation), Sneak attack(2d6) Thieves cant, Cunning action, Fancy Footwork, Toujours l’Audace

Cantrips Known
Gust
Shape Water

Spells Known
Find Familiar 1/day

Familiar: Parrot (Raven inspired) Joe one eye is a parrot with an eyepatch. Because he is.

Description:

Big!
Perfect first image, just replace dragonthingie with parrot!
A rather beautiful and charming looking young woman with an uncharacteristic sultry grin on her lips at most times and a small scar on her cheek.

Backstory:
(inspirational: and
For Rovana the sea, piracy, was always freedom. A way to escape from a miserable life of a 'hard working' lower class family.
So one day, with a lot more gusto than common sense she stole two of her mothers good kitchen knifes, and went out into the world to become a pirate.

However, she quickly found that most ships don't accept women on board. Certainly not superstitious pirates. A girl of her age certainly had.. limited options for her career choices. But she had greater ambitions than that and wheres a will, theres a way. Setting sail on a tiny boat, with the Jolly roger painted on a black shirt she was about as sucessful as one would expect.. She crashed with the first storm. What happened next no one knows. While she likes to tell several stories about the origin of her powers, the truth is she herself doesn't know. Did she bargain for her life with powers of the beyond? Did she steal something from a god of the sea?

All she knows is she woke up with all she needed to claim her dream. A slightly rusted, yet oddly sharp cutlass that could bring wind to her sails with a cut and a good curse. A hand that could guide the waves and a loyal, undying parrot companion.
And ever since then, a ghostly shadow of a thing half pirate, half something that belongs in the ocean has been following her. To be fair, being a haunted pirate is quite the perfect thing to make a name for herself, but even if she does not admit it, it is quite concerning to her.

She is a rough, belligerent and unpredictable individual, but without ill intent. Still she adheres strictly and rigorously to the pirate codex, the one thing she truly respects. (Besides rum)

Still she went ahead to craft herself a name as a dread pirate captain. She is now anchoring with a ship up to DM convenient size, because she needs repairs or other plottey stuff.

Fetishes: Bi, female pref, switch, sub leaning. Likes: Corruption, Mind control, Transformation, Corruption, Sexy beasties, cuddly mistresses, snuggly tentacles and lots more!

What about gearz and languages known?
Btw, I'm aware that gust isn't enough to propel a full on ship, but.. its helpful enough in flavour!

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This is using DnD 5e Ruleset so that means 1st hp roll is maxed, then 2nd and 3rd roll...

Character Stat Roll
All cleaned up before racial bonuses
5,2,1 = 8 (-1)
5,4,2 = 11 (0)
5,4,3 = 12 (+1)
6,5,3 = 14 (+2)
5,3,3 = 11 (0)
6,4,3 = 13 (+1)
I think I am going to go with the numbers offered by blue slime. Cause the rolls above sucked, really, really bad. No natural 15 at all. Which means character is basically "go out and prolly die to a root tripping them." While with Blue Slime rolls it is "Go out and survive the root!"

HP rolls

2 - This gets fudged up to 5 if going by DnD 5e ruleset.
This is without con modifiers but total hp before con is 8 + 8 + 5 = 21.

Hope the math makes sense. Will be adding character sheet later to post.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pervy: I'm in love with Rovana and Joe the Parrot already! Tons of stuff to work with there, so really a DM's dream. :) A lot of things I could do with that haunted ghost-thing too. If any pirate could take on a vampire lord, it might be this one.

Go ahead and transfer her to the new character sheets thread if you haven't already by the time you check this.

Edit: Oh yes, and gear. You can take what is available to you from character creation. As for her 'Cutlass' we can treat it as having the stats of a Rapier. We can discuss its nature more indepth if you like. I'm tempted to give it an inherent 'silvered' quality. 5e is extremely non-magical gear oriented, so no one is going to start off with magic items. You'll have to find those. You can however start off with a weapon that effectively is silvered though. Otherwise, your gear should be obtained through standard character creation. If you really want something, PM me and we'll talk about it. Pirate-y gear would make sense for her.

Diagasvesle: Yes, your HP rolls are fine. Don't want anyone getting sad times by rolling a 1. Ravenloft is pretty brutal anyway, so you'll likely need the HP.

You can make your character in the character sheets thread. Concept as discussed in PM is approved and encouraged.

Hentai Spider: Go ahead and build your ranger in the new thread as well. Would like to know in PM a bit more about that event with your PC's soldier buddies.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Completed Character Sheet.

Online PDF of Spells:

Character Name: Alesea Ashadeep "The Dumb Farm Girl" "Tricky Dicky" | Virtue Name: Vita
Class & Level: Warlock 3
Race: Tiefling
Background: Haunted One
Alignment: Neutral Good (NG)

STR 13 (+1)
DEX 11 (0)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 9 (-1) (+1 from racial bonus)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 18 (+4) (+2 from racial bonus)

HP: 27
Hit Dice: 3d8
Armor Class: 11
Initiative Bonus: 0
Speed: 30 ft
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Proficiencies: Armor - Light Armor (Class given) | Weapons - Simple Weapons (Class given) | Skills - Deception (Class Choice), Intimidation (Class Choice), Survival (Background Choice)
Spell Casting Modifier (Cha + Prof bonus): +6
Spell Casting Save DC (8 + Cha + Prof Bonus): 14
Damage Resistances: Fire (Hellish Resistance), Radiant (Radiant Soul)

Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex) 0
Animal Handling (Wis) 0
Arcana (Int) -1
Athletics (Str) +1
Deception (Cha) +6
History (Int) -1
Insight (Wis) 0
Intimidation (Cha) +6
Investigation (Int) -1
Medicine (Wis) 0
Nature (Int) -1
Perception (Wis) 0
Performance (Cha) +4
Persuasion (Cha) +4
Religion (Int) -1
Sleight of Hand (Dex) 0
Stealth (Dex) 0
Survival (Wis) +2

Languages: Can speak, read and write
Common (Racial Trait) (Her father taught her this.)
Infernal (Racial Trait) (She just knows this instictively as does her mother.)
Celestial (Background trait) (She knows this beautiful language from the light.)

Racial Traits
Darkvision (Thanks to infernal heritage, superior vision in dark and dim conditions. See in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. Cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.)
Hellish Resistance (Resistance to fire damage)
Infernal Legacy (Know Thaumaturgy Cantrip. At 3rd Level can cast Hellish Rebuke as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish long rest. At 5th level can cast darkness spell following same rules as before. Charisma is spellcasting ability for these spells.)

Background Traits
HEART OF DARKNESS (Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.)

Class Traits
Pact Magic: Pact of the Tome (Patron gives a book of shadows (book of light). When gaining this feature choose three cantrips from any class's spell list (the three needn't be from the same list). While the book is on your person, you can cast those cantrips at will. They don't count against your number of cantrips known. If they don't appear on the warlock spell list, they are nonetheless warlock spells for you.
If you lose your book of shadows (book of light) you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to receive a replacement from your patron. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous book. The book turns to ash when you die.)

Radiant Soul: (Starting at 1st level, your link to the Positive Plane allows you to serve as a conduit for radiant energy. You have resistance to radiant damage, and when you cast a spell that deals radiant damage or fire damage, you add your Charisma modifier to that damage. Additionally, you know the sacred flame and light cantrips and can cast them at will. They don’t count against your number of cantrips known.)

Eldritch Invocations (2 Currently till Level 5 - Can replace at every level up.)
Fiendish Vigor (You can cast False Life on yourself at will as a 1st-level spell, without expending a spell slot or material components)
Eyes of the Rune Keeper (You can read all writing.)

Cantrips Known
Thaumaturgy (Cantrip given from Infernal Legacy)
Sacred Flame (Cantrip given from Radiant Soul)
Light (Cantrip given from Radiant Soul)
Prestidigitation (Cantrip picked from Warlock Spell List)
Eldritch Blast (Cantrip picked from Warlock Spell List)
Spare the Dying (Cantrip picked from Pact Boon)
Produce Flame (Cantrip picked from Pact Boon)
Mending (Cantrip picked from Pact Boon)

Spells + Prepared Spells (Warlock)
Burning Hands (2nd Level - Spell Taken from Undying Light List)
Flame Sphere (2nd Level - Spell Taken from Undying Light List)
Hex (2nd Level - Spell Taken from Warlock List)
Hold Person (2nd Level - Spell Taken from Warlock List)
Hellish Rebuke (2nd Level - Spell given from Infernal Legacy. Regain from Long Rest)

Spellslots: 2 - All 2nd Level

GEAR: Total Weight: 63 Lbs.
Farm Daggers: 3 of them (Old and worn, belonged to Alesea's mother from her adventuring days. Now a treasured remainder.) DMG: 1d4 piercing dmg. Weight: 3Lbs. Properties: Finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60)
Patched Leather Armor (Old and well tended. Alesea's mother wore this often to show her daughter just what she is like during her adventuring days. A good fit for her. Considered her mother's protection and being used to save her.) AC: 11 + dex modifier. Weight: 10Lbs.
Crystal Rock (Crystal rock she found in the fissure in that darkness.) Arcane Focus. Weight: 1Lbs.
Dungeoneer's Pack (Old and worn, belonged to Alesea's mother from her adventuring days. Now a treasured remainder and useful.) Backpack Weight: 5Lbs. Can hold up to 30Lbs of gear on inside.
Contains
-Crowbar (well used and kept in good shape, her father Igoryok like prying open the casks containing good ale during festivals with it. Now a treasured remainder.) Weight: 5Lbs. (Advantage on strength checks where leverage can be used.
-Hammer (A hammer she picked up from the destroyed village carpenter. It will be useful. Blackened with dried blood.) Weight: 3Lbs.
-Torches: 10 (Picked up from the village elder council hall.) Weight: 10Lbs (1Lbs per torch.)
-Tinderbox (Old and worn, decorated by a passing trader caravan. A gift from her mother to her father. Now a treasured remainder.) Weight: 1Lbs.
-Rations: 10 (Old and worn metal containers packed full of food. Why did her mother just have these laying in the backpack? Mayhap she feared this would happen?) Weight: 20Lbs (2 Lbs per one.)
-Waterskin: 4 Pints of Liquid. On outside of backpack. (A used waterskin that she cleaned out as best she could.) Weight: 5Lbs (when full.)
-Hempen Rope: 50 Feet strapped to side.

Description: Both eyes and whites are a deep yellow like pale gold. Has a long tail covered in tan skin. Tail is 38 inches or 3ft 2in big.

Backstory: Alesea Ashadeep is a simple farm girl that lived and raised in the village of Bankapop. The Village is situated somewhere. She doesn't know where cause she didn't learn very well under the local priest. Kept on being whacked in the head for being some sort of varmint. Anyhoo, she loved living with her family. She even lost her virginity down to the local hot guy, George McPherson, who seduced her with some pretty darn awful ease. Her ma and pa were quite angry at her for it, especially when she screamed that she liked it lots!

She got her bottom spanked hard and good and made to work hard. Not allowed to leave the farm at all for anything. When the grounding let up, she had fun but venturing out as far as she dared from the farm. Wanting to really, really get in that freedom. Only for her to learn about a new fear. Falling from great heights. She somehow stumbled into a darn awful fissure where it was -darkdarkdarkdarktoodarknononononodark- she trembles in memory of it before she got blessed by the great light. She trembles awful much remembering even as she finally clawed her way out of that hole, stumbling around half blind fear and got set upon by bandits for her troubles.

They made her their woman, passing her around till she escaped in the dead of night from them. Wanting safety and warmth and reassurance, she stumbled with bloody hurts everywhere back home. Only to come upon a despair inducing scene that swiftly got replaced with crushing hope at seeing her pa alive. Only for him to gurgle out "Wo-wolves. wolves running like men... *gurgle* killed us all, took your ma. Took your moth-" . A deep sense of fear she felt but she couldn't. The fear is -darkdark- dar- vision no. She would - she had to do something! Her Ma is still alive. She had to save her. Bloody and hurt, starving and in pain, she had to go save her ma. She tried to at least bury her pa before leaving, weeping with silent tears all the while.

She got her ma's things. Hoping that when she found her -alive- she could give them to her and help her get out. THen...then...

Fetishes: Straight - Forced into situations where sex is the better option - Rape - Pregnancy - Lactation - Forceful Masters/Mistresses - Fancy Peacocks (Personality :p)

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Apparently I had put in the wrong hyperlink.

The character sheet thread is here.