What's new

interest

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score
okay i take this as a sign from above! i have missed playing DTT for quite a while and want to know who would be interested in starting the games back up? this is firstly just to see how many people will play if we do run a game before getting any signups going. just to know the general pool of players before we start stating rules and such. The reason i bring this up trying to dredge it back from the lost is oddly enough i had a dream that kinda ran in the style of a DTT game. anyways enough babbling.

WHO WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN?!?!

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: interest

What is it like? Although to be perfectly honest I could just look through the old sub forum :eek: but I might be interested.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

What is it like? Although to be perfectly honest I could just look through the old sub forum :eek: but I might be interested.
The original DTT game is based on the party game , except of course instead of mafiosi we're trying to outwit tentacle monsters. Since its beginnings as a palette-swap, DTT has evolved to include multiple variant roles, some of which are described on the wiki page. Various scenarios have also been written for the game, from the tentacle monsters being murderous rapists, through an "infectious" variant, and then to a "thrown to the wolves"-type setting.
WHO WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN?!?!
Sure, why not? Regular rules or fancy rules?

OP
G

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

well if enough people start showing interest the first game that ill volunteer to host i want to be run classic. as in 1 or more monsters 1 gifted 1 protector and a handful of normals. so ya know essentially a 6-8 person game.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

SEX!

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm willing to come out of retirement and reprise my role as an unknown force again. Count me in.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm interested as well.

OP
G

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

6 people mentioning interest not as many as i hoped. but with 6 people its doable if leading to a possibly short game using classic format.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I almost ignored this cuz I thought it was just a bot posting in this subforum.

OP
G

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

well i wanna revive this but it seems either the majority arnt interested or just arnt looking

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm curious, because with online "mafia" or "werewolf" or in this case "tentacles" there are several ways to play it. One involves getting a majority vote and lynches can take forever, and the other way involves lynch deadlines, vote plurality, and a tie breaker mechanic. Which one were you intending to use Dreana?

I'll play if there's enough people.

OP
G

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

i would use a deadline to insure votes dont take 3 weeks. 24 hours from the last vote made with a majority rule obiously. there shall be no "no lynch" votes allowed you either vote for someone or dont get counted and thus allow someone else to lynch who they want. you blueslime would make 7 which could be good enough for a 1monster 1 gifted girl and 1 protector game with everyone else as normals.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You mean plurality no majority right?

End of Deadline:

Player A = 2 votes
B = 1
C = 1
D = 1

No majority, but A has plurality, so he gets lynched right?

Yes, I'll play.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

well i wanna revive this but it seems either the majority arnt interested or just arnt looking
Well, you've got seven people posting their interest. Either post a signup thread, or start the game with us seven.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmmm. I might be interested in the classic style game. The new one got a bit confusing for me, but I'm for the standard one.

Also, question on votes. Is it "vote for anyone, majority rules" or, I remember waybackintheday that it was the first two nominees that were put to vote, which, personally, I found made the game kind of meh for me.