What's new

Is there money in sex games? Is YOUR money in sex games?

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Is there money in sex games? Is YOUR money in sex games?

What engine are you saying? That's easy to do in RPGMaker. There's a default movement type we can use with RPGMaker that's basically "approach the player character". Then with event touch you can make it a chase which triggers H-scenes if you lose.

Or if you're more proficient at coding/scripting you can use a parallel process to check the variables for locations X+Y and make it so that enemies patrolling set locations chase after the player but stop chasing if they leave an area if you use conditional branches + more variables + more technical jargon and I'm going to stop now because my brain hurts just typing this.
you dont even need to do that, just place empty events down as a barrier for where they can walk

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

you dont even need to do that, just place empty events down as a barrier for where they can walk
But then the enemy characters still sort of 'chase' and kind of just bounce off this invisible wall...

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But then the enemy characters still sort of 'chase' and kind of just bounce off this invisible wall...
hmmm then I suggest using prof meow meows trace script for detection, and a pathfinding script to return them to the original spot when done...
yanflys chase player might also work

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly the "move towards player" movement command in RPG Maker VX is so open to error it's not even funny. The player can get one block between them and the enemy entity and then they don't have to worry about the AI ever getting to them. The AI is just too easy to trick like that.

If you want a chase scene then you need to set the player in an obstacle course and then tell the monster exactly where to go (from point A to B). This is, of course, a long and length process (and you'll probably make mistakes, but that's what playtesting is for). You're basically making a cutscene and then forcing the player to run from it.

There are also more advanced things you can do in a more open environment. It involves using invisible ground events to keep track of where the player is, and then having the enemy entity react based on this information. It's a nightmare to implement, but I'm quite proud of that one boss fight that uses it. I won't be making another boss like that. :p

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I won't be making another boss like that. :p
The players think we're being "original" coming up with new bosses all the time when we're really just terrified of doing it all over again.

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What engine are you saying? That's easy to do in RPGMaker. There's a default movement type we can use with RPGMaker that's basically "approach the player character". Then with event touch you can make it a chase which triggers H-scenes if you lose.

Or if you're more proficient at coding/scripting you can use a parallel process to check the variables for locations X+Y and make it so that enemies patrolling set locations chase after the player but stop chasing if they leave an area if you use conditional branches + more variables + more technical jargon and I'm going to stop now because my brain hurts just typing this.
I'm using Stencyl, which does not have a default behavior for complex chasing mechanics. I imagine it would be relatively easy to include in a game engine that had that as a pre-coded option.

There are some pre-written behaviors made by users in Stencyl's "stencylforge" but ever since they did the upgrade to Stencyl 3.X, the forge is useless because behaviors that are incompatible with 3.X are mixed together with working ones and searching for anything on the forge is slow and clunky.

In an older game I had worked on, I tried to have enemies chase the player based on coordinate comparisons, but it seemed like doing it that way was amazingly wasteful and caused the game to lag once there were more than a couple enemies.

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Never personally used Stencyl, but that sounds pretty tough to work with. Does it give you more creative freedom with the coding or something?

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Never personally used Stencyl, but that sounds pretty tough to work with. Does it give you more creative freedom with the coding or something?
It is pretty tough to work with, as far as RPGs go at least. It's much easier for platformers and games with minimal text. Mostly, I work with it due to momentum. Since the majority of the framework is finished, it's easier to keep working with it than learn a new langauge and translate the entire game into a new engine.