What's new

Japanese marks

bob95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have a little problem with japanese marks.
Tried to play this game
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ125679.html

but I'm getting an error:

screenshot.sh/mK8wmgk0EW73t

I guess that's the main problem:
screenshot.sh/oBE1TnsrOu3iL

I've got japanese language pack but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Japanese marks

I followed your guide but nothing changed at all.
I downloaded game from another source but it didnt help too.
Did you check inside archive before extracting it? Like opening it?
Was there gibberish from start?
Yes? Then that's where your problem is.
No? There are japanese symbols inside? Then you are doing something wrong. Assuming you have Japanese lang installed, right clicking on archive and "run using ntleas->Japanese", after extracting or simply drag and dropping from archive window, it should be extracted properly, no gibberish.
There is nothing more to that.

Of course, I am assuming you are on w8/w10 and files inside archive are in japanese and not in chinese/korean/other.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Or, alternatively, use to extract - if you have a .zip file.

Even better yet, be in actual Japanese system locale when trying to extract the game - that always works. Also is enough to start 99% of Jap H-games.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I just looked again at that screenshot, seems like audio files are linked to Groove, which would indicate w10.

Which means, if you went with my guide and my second post and opened archive using ntleas it would work.
Unless my OS is magical and it only works for me :p

So yeah, you either didn't do something/skipped steps or files were gibberish from start.

Second option is to use sjisunzip mentioned by zipetya, which, from my point of view, is a pain in the butt without making .bat for it.

Third option would be going for full locale change as AngleBoi7 said, which is also pain in the butt (switching back and forth).

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Switching to Japanese locale can be useful if the problem happen during download and/or installation.
Makes sense, as I never in my life stumbled across that issue using applocale/ntleas, so I am not aware of it.
And yes, stuff I download is in japanese but no gibberishing (is that a word? It is now xD) during that process, any problems start witch execution/extraction because I forget using applocale xP

OP
B

bob95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Or, alternatively, use to extract - if you have a .zip file.

Even better yet, be in actual Japanese system locale when trying to extract the game - that always works. Also is enough to start 99% of Jap H-games.

It helped, thanks.