What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Since there're a number of ongoing and/or halted translations for JSK's games, it's probably time that we start moving the discussion over to here to keep the original thread from being cluttered. Please discuss any translation efforts for his games here.

Link to the original thread.

For a general directory to a specific game, as well as other helpful guides about the translation efforts, feel free to use

Last edited:

Rikko93

Reputation score
Hi there, I am interested in helping with translations but I suck at Computer stuff anyone could explain me how to extract the text files.

TonyAlvarez

Reputation score
Hi there, I am interested in helping with translations but I suck at Computer stuff anyone could explain me how to extract the text files.
1) Download and install ''JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler'' (go to page 172 where Icevail taught me how to use it), then download ''Notepad++''
2) When you have the swf which you want to translate (there are japanese texts both in the main file of the game and in the ''subs'' files) opened at JPEXS you'll notice that the script is divided in ''Timelines''. When you find one with the ''good stuff'' in japanese, press ''Edit Actionscript'' (seriously, go to page 172 and read the instructions).
3) Then, press 'Edit Actionscript', right click and Select All, copy, and paste the full timeline in Notepad++. Open a new project in Notepad ++ and Repeat this action with all the timelines that have dialogue in japanese, each one in a different tab.
4) Okay, now you will select the text in japanese, put it in the translator (which is a terrible translating from Japanese so you'll have to work hard), then you have to select what you want to translate and press Ctrl+H, and replace below the japanese text with the translation pressing ''Replace All in All Opened Documents''. Otherwise, you'll have to translate the same texts over and over again.
5) When you finish with the timeline, do right click and select all, copy and go to the same timeline in JPEXS, click Edit Actionscript, select all, Delete, and paste. Then save (first below, then on top left), and go to check the game.

Take care not to erase anything but the japanese dialogue, things like >< '' <br> are part of the game code.
I hope I've helped. My english is imperfect, sorry about that.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
1) Download and install ''JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler'' (go to page 172 where Icevail taught me how to use it), then download ''Notepad++''
2) When you have the swf which you want to translate (there are japanese texts both in the main file of the game and in the ''subs'' files) opened at JPEXS you'll notice that the script is divided in ''Timelines''. When you find one with the ''good stuff'' in japanese, press ''Edit Actionscript'' (seriously, go to page 172 and read the instructions).
3) Then, press 'Edit Actionscript', right click and Select All, copy, and paste the full timeline in Notepad++. Open a new project in Notepad ++ and Repeat this action with all the timelines that have dialogue in japanese, each one in a different tab.
4) Okay, now you will select the text in japanese, put it in the translator (which is a terrible translating from Japanese so you'll have to work hard), then you have to select what you want to translate and press Ctrl+H, and replace below the japanese text with the translation pressing ''Replace All in All Opened Documents''. Otherwise, you'll have to translate the same texts over and over again.
5) When you finish with the timeline, do right click and select all, copy and go to the same timeline in JPEXS, click Edit Actionscript, select all, Delete, and paste. Then save (first below, then on top left), and go to check the game.

Take care not to erase anything but the japanese dialogue, things like >< '' <br> are part of the game code.

The <br> stands for 'line break' in the code, its not crucial part of it, its mostly for the aesthetics in the writing form, I usually ditch it to save writing space, since some sentences are longer in english than in japanese and there is a font limit on each 'speechbubble' on how many letters it can show, that's why I opt to keep the translations as short as possible, but close enough to the original to retain its meaning for the reader.

I see, you're using wordpress ++ to do the editing outside of the JPEX, I hadn't thought about that at all, I simply copy pasted from timeline to timeline within the program, I suppose using wordpress++ is faster option for it now that I think of it.

Last edited:

hitmanboy47

Reputation score
Hi everyone. First I wanna say a big thank you for anyone translating this great games. I'm glad that JSK makes games again. Last one I played was Vampire Hunter N and I love it.
I'm looking for the english and uncensored version of Karen, Irene, and Reimi. It's not a problem for waiting but I don't understand if this game are ongoing with translation or there is someone who has been abandoned. Thanks in advance and with respect.
hitmanboy47

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi everyone. First I wanna say a big thank you for anyone translating this great games. I'm glad that JSK makes games again. Last one I played was Vampire Hunter N and I love it.
I'm looking for the english and uncensored version of Karen, Irene, and Reimi. It's not a problem for waiting but I don't understand if this game are ongoing with translation or there is someone who has been abandoned. Thanks in advance and with respect.
hitmanboy47
I'm continuing on Irene (censored version) in October, that's when my vacation starts, I can't give specific ETA when it will be finished, but it will be done at some point,
current progress of Irene;

-I've already translated everything (including the endings) except the 'speech bubbles' during sex scenes, I will begin/finish polishing the quality of the translation in October.

Karen is being currently translated, no idea of progress, its not like we run dev diaries here on the progress we make :p

As for Reimi, I have no clues, I made the quick partial for it earlier, but I don't know if anyone is working on it right now.

Once I am done with Irene, I might move on to Reimi unless someone has begun to work on it by the finish with Irene.

Last edited:

TonyAlvarez

Reputation score
The <br> stands for 'line break' in the code, its not crucial part of it, its mostly for the aesthetics in the writing form, I usually ditch it to save writing space, since some sentences are longer in english than in japanese and there is a font limit on each 'speechbubble' on how many letters it can show, that's why I opt to keep the translations as short as possible, but close enough to the original to retain its meaning for the reader.

I see, you're using wordpress ++ to do the editing outside of the JPEX, I hadn't thought about that at all, I simply copy pasted from timeline to timeline within the program, I suppose using wordpress++ is faster option for it now that I think of it.
Thank you, I didn't know that so I was afraid about erase something important. With respect to Notepad++ I recommend you use it, because sometimes (okay, always) the same sentence is present in several timelines, even many times in the same one.
I've translated Seijyo.swf from Irene. If you've not done with this one I can send it to you after fixing some details. If you already have it, well... well nop :p
Anyway thanks, I'm waiting patiently for your finish translation :)

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you, I didn't know that so I was afraid about erase something important. With respect to Notepad++ I recommend you use it, because sometimes (okay, always) the same sentence is present in several timelines, even many times in the same one.
I've translated Seijyo.swf from Irene. If you've not done with this one I can send it to you after fixing some details. If you already have it, well... well nop :p
Anyway thanks, I'm waiting patiently for your finish translation :)
I'll give it a try when my vacation starts, now that I think of it JPEX had the same function, but I am not sure could it change other timelines at the same time while editing one of those.

bluemoon54

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'd like to take a crack at translating Fighting Queen, but where are the actual strings containing the Japanese text located? Opening up the SWF in JPEX shows me all the code in the script, but I can't find the string values so I can copy them out for translating. Like in Main Timeline, when I open it, this is what I get. I guess I'm retarded but I'd appreciate being shown where to find the texts themselves.

Attachments

TonyAlvarez

Reputation score
I'd like to take a crack at translating Fighting Queen, but where are the actual strings containing the Japanese text located? Opening up the SWF in JPEX shows me all the code in the script, but I can't find the string values so I can copy them out for translating. Like in Main Timeline, when I open it, this is what I get. I guess I'm retarded but I'd appreciate being shown where to find the texts themselves.
Open the ''Sub'' folder. There are the japanese script (seijyo, kouhai, cou1, end1 etc...), then search on each timeline to find the japanese dialogs ;)

Last edited:

TonyAlvarez

Reputation score
I'll give it a try when my vacation starts, now that I think of it JPEX had the same function, but I am not sure could it change other timelines at the same time while editing one of those.
I think it can't because you have to press 'edit actionscript' and 'save' to each timeline, so it's a suffering for my ass and back u.u

bluemoon54

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Open the ''Sub'' folder. There are the japanese script (seijyo, kouhai, cou1, end1 etc...), then search on each timeline to find the japanese dialogs ;)
Ok, so this is what I'm looking for, right? I checked the other files in the folder and this was the only one I could find with actual text in it. Gracias para tus asistas.

Attachments

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Ok, so this is what I'm looking for, right? I checked the other files in the folder and this was the only one I could find with actual text in it. Gracias para tus asistas.

Yes, that's what you need to find in the timelines, there are several on each swf files and each time lines has literally shit to of lines to translate, you're going to rip your head off once you see the sheer amount of 'Ku~', 'Fuu..tsu' lines there..

bluemoon54

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yes, that's what you need to find in the timelines, there are several on each swf files and each time lines has literally shit to of lines to translate, you're going to rip your head off once you see the sheer amount of 'Ku~', 'Fuu..tsu' lines there..
Ok. Is the text only in the Timeline files or is it elsewhere as well within that particular SWF? I did take the liberty of spacing the code out better because it triggers my autism something fierce and lets me see how many lines are repeats easier. This is an example of Frame 3 from the Riding scene.

Attachments

Rikko93

Reputation score

Thanks for the explanation,

No need to worry about online translators because I have been studying Japanese for 4 years so I will translate it mostly myself.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Ok. Is the text only in the Timeline files or is it elsewhere as well within that particular SWF? I did take the liberty of spacing the code out better because it triggers my autism something fierce and lets me see how many lines are repeats easier. This is an example of Frame 3 from the Riding scene.
The Main game swf (the one we click to play) contains most of the dialogue, the prefight and after fight dialogue/choices (win / loss / after rape chat with Reimi) for example, each fight sex scene has its very swf that contains the dialogue restricted to it (speech bubbles for example during the sex scenes), for example you won't find sex scene dialogues in the main swf, nor vice versa.

You need to go through all of them and browse through the timelines for the dialogue one's, bit tedious to scroll through, I often take pen and paper to write up which timeline has the stuff I need to translate.

The picture I attached shows on what timeline some of the dialogue play out in reimi's main swf, I haven't fully browsed through the swf to pin point all main dialogue with her, nor I have taken a look at the subfolder swfs for the scene specific timelines.

Damn.. I sure loved to write for example a lot there.. >>;

Attachments

Last edited:

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Does anyone have updated irina without the translation? I want to see the differences myself

bluemoon54

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The Main game swf (the one we click to play) contains most of the dialogue, the prefight and after fight dialogue/choices (win / loss / after rape chat with Reimi) for example, each fight sex scene has its very swf that contains the dialogue restricted to it (speech bubbles for example during the sex scenes), for example you won't find sex scene dialogues in the main swf, nor vice versa.

You need to go through all of them and browse through the timelines for the dialogue one's, bit tedious to scroll through, I often take pen and paper to write up which timeline has the stuff I need to translate.

The picture I attached shows on what timeline some of the dialogue play out in reimi's main swf, I haven't fully browsed through the swf to pin point all main dialogue with her, nor I have taken a look at the subfolder swfs for the scene specific timelines.

Damn.. I sure loved to write for example a lot there.. >>;
Yeah, thanks, I actually figured a lot of it out just by poking around once I knew what to look for. The main timeline in the Riding scene for instance contains the pre-sex and post-sex dialogue, and then two other files within it contain the actual sex talk, which is where all the moaning noises are, among other things. So running those files down leads you to this. Then I use to context to modify the translation further, because it's hard to tell from the text alone what's supposed to be happening (I'm using ATLAS for translation). We'll see how it goes.

Attachments

letronixRULES

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Anyone able/willing to apply the partial/unc to the updated Irina/Irene, and/or the partial/Unc to the updated Reimi? I wish I knew how to edit swf files.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the unc was easy enough to figure out, but I can't figure out how to move over the partials for either of these. I can't tell if I'm just really not getting JPEXS or if they aren't compatible... but I did try...
So any luck with the translation? So the uncensored files did work in the end? Or you did have to change too much for them to work?

Also as a general notice, yes, JSK is already in plans for his next game. And by the looks of it the main heroine looks awfully a lot like Yukina Himeragi from Strike The Blood. I can't wait. There's also more info of it in his blog, and he goes a little more in-depth there, if anyone wants to translate the text, feel free to do so.

Attachments

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you guys are interested in crowd sourcing the translations I can upload the string files to google sheets