It's done!

Download:
Partial link moved to new location .
Read the Readme before downloading from here:

Humsas Partial Update:
Download:

mega.nz/#!KR8H2aJC!UyxM0uZJ3bfxx0zIX8ST50xgHztEHHrpDniEJEsV07M

Fixes:

Insult to the weak skill and front and back row attacks now work as intended. Fixed some other skills too.
Fixed Chika's counter attack and Yui songs.

Big thanks to Devilbringer for translating images. Give him some Rep up!
This partial uses 1.0.4 version and is required else it will cause graphics errors ingame.

Last edited:

remicks

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: 行け!! 鳴神学園オカルト研究部

Hey Yugi, is there any chance that while you're messing around with the files of this game, you could stop the game spamming the string "HP" during battles?

If it's an inconvenience, don't bother, but I know you're a wizard of sorts with these things and I figured you might know a way to do it quickly and easily.

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I will have a look at this, but just a heads up.

That is skills. Yes, there are empty slots, but there are still alot...ALOT of skills.
There is 999 armors as well.

Just like [Partial] Naedoko Demon's Ground / 苗床デモンズグラウンド ~奈落の孕姫~
i will translate all of the database, but it will take time. Luckly , i do have more time then i did before without 5o things interrupting me.

So, yeah, have patience.

Go watch a cat video.

Meow.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Excellent. Was hoping someone would tackle this one!

Adorable avatar, by the way.

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks.

Aight, skills are now done.
The only thing that may take a little while is armor, but i might have
the partial done maybe mid feburary or sooner.
It depends on how much i need to work on the in game menu.

Edit :
Aight! Database done! Time to tackle the Menu!

Edit2 :
@remicks - Okay yea, i can see the HP Spam, im guessing it's updating the HP Info for the Monster. Ima take a lookie in script, but be careful not to break anything. No promises.
Oh, wait scratch that fixed it. No more Spam.

Edit3:
It be done!

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Either i am stupid or there is something wrong.
The Menus are translated but none of the dialogues? O__O

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Either i am stupid or there is something wrong.
The Menus are translated but none of the dialogues? O__O
That's what a "Partial" translation means - they translate the menu text (items, moves, etc) that come up a lot anmd are harder to see on hooking programmes, and you use your hooking programme to translate the dialogue.

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That's what a "Partial" translation means - they translate the menu text (items, moves, etc) that come up a lot anmd are harder to see on hooking programmes, and you use your hooking programme to translate the dialogue.
Apologize. When it said "Done" though it was full translated.
Let me Hook it up :3

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation!

One problem I found - it seems the translation broke Marie's "Insult to the Weak" skill. I can see you changed the icon on it and the equips that go with it, and the translation of how it and the equips work is a little wrong - but more to the point, the skill itself doesn't seem to work at all any more!

What it's meant to do - "Deal a Coup de Grace to any enemy left on 5HP or less at the end of the ally's turn."

(Your translation says "At the end of a ally's turn, deal 5 HP or less to each
enemy that suffered a Coup de Grace. " which isn't really what it does).

Then as you level it up, that 5HP increases - so she auto kills any enemy left on 6HP, 7HP, etc. The equips that go with it you've translated as:

Double Jeopardy
"Defeat two weak enemies at the same time.
Increases Damage by 2 against weaker enemies."

Triple Cherry
"Defeat three weaker enemies at the same time.
Increases Damage by 3 against weaker enemies."

and so on - what they should do is add the number to the skill, so with the first one equipped she auto kills any enemy left on 5+2 = 7HP at the end of turn, and so on. The first sentence (Defeat two weak enemies at the same time) is how you unlock the item.

In any case, I don't know why the skill isn't working any more, but it's pretty annoying.

A worse problem, though, is that whips are broken - and possibly other items? Whips are only meant to hit every enemy on the closest row. With the translation applied, they hit every enemy in the whole battle! Makes them a bit overpowered.

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

All i did was translate them, not how they work.
It could be that the creators messed something up? I dunno.
You could do some testing by moving back untranslated skills/weapons
and then go in game and see what happens?

nyczlazyazn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Something seems to have imploded whenever Hikari tries to attack the second boss.

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Make sure you are applying the partial to 1.0.4.
And yes, while i was playing through the game, i had some errors like that. Just fight again.

nyczlazyazn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is 1.04, I tried 3 or 4 times but it happened every time, had to just remove the partial for that fight.

OP
Yugifan3

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, hm could used your save file to replicate the error, don't suppose you have two saves of before that boss?

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Something seems to have imploded whenever Hikari tries to attack the second boss.

Happened to me as well, the trick (at least worked for me) it's not the fight boss, it's the skill form the blonde girl (the one taht buff her attack damage) that you put on one of the girl. When it's the turn of the buffed girl to attack, the game crash. Tried even on a mob fight just to be sure. Tell us if it's your case too! :D

nyczlazyazn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sadly I don't, if I come across it again in the future I'll post it.

Happened to me as well, the trick (at least worked for me) it's not the fight boss, it's the skill form the blonde girl (the one taht buff her attack damage) that you put on one of the girl. When it's the turn of the buffed girl to attack, the game crash. Tried even on a mob fight just to be sure. Tell us if it's your case too! :D
That might've been it, since I kept trying to buff Hikari with physical attack up.

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Bit weird how it seems to break some of the skills. I guess maybe they're referred to by name in the script somewhere, or something?

Kyle8910

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can confirm the patch does break the insult to the weak skill. I really like that skill, so I'm sad it's gone.

It also removes the distinction between front and back rows for attacking. My whip now hits all enemies and so does the ice magic skill. I believe this makes all attacks that should hit a row, hit all instead.

Also breaks the passive the ice girl has. She is not recovering 3 SP after fights now. Not a big deal, but still..

Last edited:

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can confirm the patch does break the insult to the weak skill. I really like that skill, so I'm sad it's gone.

It also removes the distinction between front and back rows for attacking. My whip now hits all enemies and so does the ice magic skill. I believe this makes all attacks that should hit a row, hit all instead.

Also breaks the passive the ice girl has. She is not recovering 3 SP after fights now. Not a big deal, but still..
Yeah, I just played through without the partial translation patch in the end. The insult to the weak skill is really good; and playing with super whips is too much like cheating. ;)

Humsas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fixed yugifan3's translation bugs with skills.
Insult to the weak skill and front and back row attacks now work as intended. Fixed some other skills too.
When playing I will try to fix other bugs, if I will find them.

mega.nz/#!KR8H2aJC!UyxM0uZJ3bfxx0zIX8ST50xgHztEHHrpDniEJEsV07M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.