What's new

VN/TEXT [Yukari] Knight & Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Knight & Princess [Yukari]

Will it even be that playable before anyone translates it, if someone is going to?

I just got the first two games, and it's a night and day difference between trying to play the bits that aren't translated (mainly the second character in Thief and Sword) versus playing what has been translated.
well i dont care its translated or not.. u can use translator like atlas or somethin
and game engine this game use is.. not complicated to hook.. (not like WolfRPG)
:D

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Will it even be that playable before anyone translates it, if someone is going to?

I just got the first two games, and it's a night and day difference between trying to play the bits that aren't translated (mainly the second character in Thief and Sword) versus playing what has been translated.
Usually games like these only have two or three options, only one of which is the correct one. Not that difficult to brute force.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sometimes combat requires you to use a specific item, or you need to make a really specific choice early on that affects a choice way at the end that you'll never actually know about unless you understood what was going on.

There are so many different paths in these games that it's going to take forever to brute force it and the combat gets old (hell, I didn't even finish the previous two which were translated because the correct path was so convoluted and the combat too much of a chore)

Hikikomori Gamer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sometimes combat requires you to use a specific item, or you need to make a really specific choice early on that affects a choice way at the end that you'll never actually know about unless you understood what was going on.

There are so many different paths in these games that it's going to take forever to brute force it and the combat gets old (hell, I didn't even finish the previous two which were translated because the correct path was so convoluted and the combat too much of a chore)
Yeah, but having the item is a moot point and you can mark it for future reference without knowledge of japanese. It's less convinient, but not terrible without japanese. Certain flags might be hard to understand without japanese knowledge, but chances are: flags will be hard to understand even with japanese knowledge unless it's clothing, virginity, image-affecting flag.

Sorry that you feel like that about this game. And what combat required a specific item from you? I don't recall ever being forced to use anything specific in combat.

PS: You can easily make a descending bubble chart with connection piece for each page you go through, making note of what happens with each page. With or without japanese, it's pretty fun and don't take too long. Removes the confusion quick, plus there was never one true path for these games. You always had plenty of path choices to get to the end. It's Choose Your Own Adventure.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, but having the item is a moot point and you can mark it for future reference without knowledge of japanese. It's less convinient, but not terrible without japanese. Certain flags might be hard to understand without japanese knowledge, but chances are: flags will be hard to understand even with japanese knowledge unless it's clothing, virginity, image-affecting flag.
Talking about flag.

Yukari game usually mentions outright if a certain flag is raised.

For example from the demo:
Take the old road
first 2 event doesn't affect this (waterpool and crow)

The next one is that you hear a sound, you can opt to get closer to know that a woman is being attacked or just ignored it (or get closer and ignore it, either of that option will shows the H scene)

If you save her, she'll guide you to the town and ends the demo, but you'll get a 'Mayuri saved' flag (this in turn also prevents you from getting the option from going into the hill for spider scene)

If you don't, and get the H-scene, there'll be "Mayuri lost" flag instead.

Also, some items remains into the next playthrough.

Last edited:

Hikikomori Gamer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Talking about flag.

Yukari game usually mentions outright if a certain flag is raised.

For example from the demo:
Take the old road
first 2 event doesn't affect this (waterpool and crow)

The next one is that you hear a sound, you can opt to get closer to know that a woman is being attacked or just ignored it (or get closer and ignore it, either of that option will shows the H scene)

If you save her, she'll guide you to the town and ends the demo, but you'll get a 'Mayuri saved' flag

If you don't, and get the H-scene, there'll be "Mayuri lost" flag instead. (this in turn also prevents you from getting the option from going into the hill for spider scene)

Also, some items remains into the next playthrough.
I got spider scene with her lost.
Page 032 (Mayuri lost flag) > Page 033 > Page 034 > Page 036 > Page 038 (Spider Scene) > Page 041 (Character returns to normal, not sure if demo bug or suppose to happen).

I don't recall same with rescuing her:
Page 028 > Page 029 > Page 030 (Rescue Mayuri) > Page 031 (Gain Ex Expro) > Page 035 > Page 019 > Page 047 > End of Demo

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

:v derp, I put that part after the wrong sentence.

Meant that if she guides you to town you don't have the option to go uphill (and MEET THE SPIDER)

Also, the upper path of the hill is bugged in the demo, failing the roll is game over but succeeding puts you into a fight that gives error and forces you to close the game.
( I once manage to clear that one fight by using the bomb Mayuri gives you for saving her, thereby one-shotting the enemy and preventing it from attacking and cause the error....sadly nothing interesting happens after :v)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't get me wrong I thought the game was damn great and loved the overall structure, but I couldn't be bothered to write down some sort of ideal route and after several playthroughs I just lost interest.

spaminator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Is someone willing to upload this?

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

i cannot find it un sukebei as well

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually I was looking at a different game and got my reply messed up sorry, it was that other DQ game that's like 6gigs, I thought I was in it's thread when I made the post. cause I tried looking for it and was I thought I made a post about it, but it wasn't in the thread so then I thought it was on a different forum, so after like many days of confusion I see that it was in this thread. so I'm sorry about the it's out part my mistake. :eek:

shinn3956

Reputation score

its already in sukebei now! :)

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Judging by Thief & Sword still only being half translated, it's kind of depressing to think this game will probably never get translated.

As mentioned, while this creator makes good games they're... well, incredibly text heavy. They are after all, kind of like CYOA books with some combat thrown in.

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

half a translation for sword and a full translation for troll, that's more than you'll get on most games.
Gonna take a while but it will probably be translated.

OP
T

TTOG

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Judging by Thief & Sword still only being half translated, it's kind of depressing to think this game will probably never get translated.

As mentioned, while this creator makes good games they're... well, incredibly text heavy. They are after all, kind of like CYOA books with some combat thrown in.
Some time before hongfire went down, the guy who translated the second game said something about testing the trial. There could be a good chance, that he will translated this game.

comradered

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

There's a torrent of this game up on sukebei now. It also comes with a patch.

Happy days~

FlamingYu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the heads up.
And did HF back away a bit too early? It's still 2 days away till AA2.

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

just askin.. do yu know how to resize windowed mode?
its seem the windowed mode too large for my screen..
(save button and load cant see it :p )
and i dont like running full screen..
(bcause translator...)
any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.