What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [タートルクレーン / Turtle Crane] Ladies Sex Bout

darent

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Ladies Sex Bout

I asked the game developer and he says that he doesn't have any plans of releasing the game in english... so... we'll have to wait until we have a final version to have someone do the translation .-.

ulmf1234

Lurker
Reputation score
Any tips on how to keep the game from crashing in the latest version? I tried setting the region and language settings on my computer to Japan and Japanese, but that hasn't helped. It just keeps crashing whenever I try to play the story mode or start a special match. I don't even need translations, I'd be happy just to have the game run.

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score
Any tips on how to keep the game from crashing in the latest version? I tried setting the region and language settings on my computer to Japan and Japanese, but that hasn't helped. It just keeps crashing whenever I try to play the story mode or start a special match. I don't even need translations, I'd be happy just to have the game run.
Do earlier builds work or just the latest? I know some characters are incomplete as well which might crash the game.

ulmf1234

Lurker
Reputation score
Do earlier builds work or just the latest? I know some characters are incomplete as well which might crash the game.
The only version I have is 0.9. I looked back in the thread and downloaded the supposed english versions that people uploaded, but they all turned out to just be folders of text files. If you could upload a file of an earlier build, I'll try it out. But even on the creator's website, when I download earlier builds, the files don't include an application file anywhere for the actual game.

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I've decided to pick up my translation project for this game again. I've had a lot of free time and much fewer distractions lately, so in the midst of boredom, I decided to spend my efforts on this game, which still remains as one of my favorites because of how mechanically complex it is (and yet so simple) for an H-game.

I'll keep this as extremely simple as possible. I'm currently translating for version 0.9 of the game, so don't go around trying to apply this patch to v0.7 or 0.7.1 - the author changed a LOT between these versions and it's practically an entirely different game. If the game author updates this game past v0.9, well fuck me, I'll try to adapt. I don't want to give up like last time.

The following RAR contains two files. If you just want the translation, take nscript.dat and overwrite the one that's in the game folder. That's it. You're done. Go play and be disappointed in how much I actually got done.

If you want to assist with translation efforts because you're a masochist like me, go download Notepad++ and open 0.txt in it (opening 0.txt in regular Notepad will cause it to hang because of the amount of text that's in it), set [Encoding -> Japanese -> Shift-JIS], then set [Language -> P -> Python] for easier reading (there's probably a better Language to establish the markup language in, but I found Python's coloring scheme to be quite pleasant to work with). Then go find a section and translate anything that might seem like character dialogue or a menu option or whatever, and make it nice and neat. OR yell at me and tell me what a horrible translating job I did and make corrections. I'm not a professional translator and I barely know Japanese, but I'm doing my best. :(

I want to take this project very seriously, and I do not want to quit on it. Updates might be slow but I'm trying to work on it daily. In three days (short 1~3 hours sessions each day), I've gone over 300~ lines of code (starting from Line 1945), tried to understand the layout of everything, and had figured out a method that allows me to write English text that makes it so that Nscripter doesn't crash (it apparently doesn't take 1-bit characters or something). So far, I've gone and successfully (maybe) translated character names when the girls address each other in dialogue during "combat."

In the end, it's a work-in-progress and there's a lot of work to be done, but I honestly want to commit to this. Thanks and enjoy, I guess.

Last edited:

ulmf1234

Lurker
Reputation score
I've decided to pick up my translation project for this game again. I've had a lot of free time and much fewer distractions lately, so in the midst of boredom, I decided to spend my efforts on this game, which still remains as one of my favorites because of how mechanically complex it is (and yet so simple) for an H-game.

I'll keep this as extremely simple as possible. I'm currently translating for version 0.9 of the game, so don't go around trying to apply this patch to v0.7 or 0.7.1 - the author changed a LOT between these versions and it's practically an entirely different game. If the game author updates this game past v0.9, well fuck me, I'll try to adapt. I don't want to give up like last time.

The following RAR contains two files. If you just want the translation, take nscript.dat and overwrite the one that's in the game folder. That's it. You're done. Go play and be disappointed in how much I actually got done.

If you want to assist with translation efforts because you're a masochist like me, go download Notepad++ and open 0.txt in it (opening 0.txt in regular Notepad will cause it to hang because of the amount of text that's in it), set [Encoding -> Japanese -> Shift-JIS], then set [Language -> P -> Python] for easier reading (there's probably a better Language to establish the markup language in, but I found Python's coloring scheme to be quite pleasant to work with). Then go find a section and translate anything that might seem like character dialogue or a menu option or whatever, and make it nice and neat. OR yell at me and tell me what a horrible translating job I did and make corrections. I'm not a professional translator and I barely know Japanese, but I'm doing my best. :(

I want to take this project very seriously, and I do not want to quit on it. Updates might be slow but I'm trying to work on it daily. In three days (short 1~3 hours sessions each day), I've gone over 300~ lines of code (starting from Line 1945), tried to understand the layout of everything, and had figured out a method that allows me to write English text that makes it so that Nscripter doesn't crash (it apparently doesn't take 1-bit characters or something). So far, I've gone and successfully (maybe) translated character names when the girls address each other in dialogue during "combat."

In the end, it's a work-in-progress and there's a lot of work to be done, but I honestly want to commit to this. Thanks and enjoy, I guess.
Thanks for taking that on. I really wish I was any good at coding. It's a complex skill, and one that pays REALLY well if you become fluent with the right languages and apply for the right jobs.

Any idea how to make the game stop crashing. I'd honestly be satisfied just to be able to play it at all, regardless of the language.

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Any idea how to make the game stop crashing. I'd honestly be satisfied just to be able to play it at all, regardless of the language.
Are you sure you downloaded the most recent version from this source, with no translation patches applied to it?: (password is lsb)
If you can't/don't want to navigate the website, you can take my untouched copy here:

If it still crashes and you are indeed using "Japanese (Japan)" as your system locale (Control Panel (small/large icons) -> Region -> Administrative tab), then I am not sure what the problem might be.

As a quick update, I ran into a big hiccup with the translation efforts. The game is finally rejecting my workaround for inputting English characters with the NScripter engine and is crashing (it really hates the letter "o" in any Unicode font it can recognize), and personally, I am dissatisfied with how the font looks in-game.

Right now, I'm trying to understand how to port it over to ONScripter (PONScripter doesn't like it for some reason and won't run it at all). I got the gist of it down, I know which files are required to get the game running and all, but the biggest problem I'm running into is that the game hangs on the main menu screen, and it doesn't load any menu options. If I can just get it to load these menu options, then translating the game should be a cinch because I won't have to use wonky text to translate and can just write it all out normally. If I can't, however, then this project may be done before it even started, and I really don't want that to be the case.

EDIT: I figured out why it was hanging. Apparently ONScripter-EN doesn't support image buttons, which are used on the main menu. I sent in a bug report to Uncle Mion, who manages the English Repo for ONScripter, to see if anything can be done, but don't get your hopes up as I'm not even sure if the project is still being managed anymore.

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score
I downloaded your translation and replaced the nscript.dat with the one provided, but when I boot up the game it is still completely in moonspeak. Am I missing something obvious here?

Regardless, thanks for the effort you're putting in. I really like the concept of the game but I have no fucking idea what's going on so a translation is pretty crucial here :p

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I downloaded your translation and replaced the nscript.dat with the one provided, but when I boot up the game it is still completely in moonspeak. Am I missing something obvious here?

Regardless, thanks for the effort you're putting in. I really like the concept of the game but I have no fucking idea what's going on so a translation is pretty crucial here :p
It's not a complete translation, and it's very far from being one. The only thing I've gotten done are the character names when they refer to each other in a match.

I was in the process of translating the Prologue when the crashes started happening and that was when I decided to try to use the ONScripter-EN engine, but from the looks of it, it hasn't seen an update in 7 years. I don't expect a reply back for the bug report on Uncle Mion's website, so what I'm thinking is to re-write the code to use regular menu buttons rather than image buttons, but I am not sure what kind of effect this will have on the gameplay.

Last edited:

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's not a complete translation, and it's very far from being one. The only thing I've gotten done are the character names when they refer to each other in a match.

I was in the process of translating the Prologue when the crashes started happening and that was when I decided to try to use the ONScripter-EN engine, but from the looks of it, it hasn't seen an update in 7 years. I don't expect a reply back for the bug report on Uncle Mion's website, so what I'm thinking is to re-write the code to use regular menu buttons rather than image buttons, but I am not sure what kind of effect this will have on the gameplay.
So did you manage to work through those engine issues?

iRoxor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So did you manage to work through those engine issues?
Nada. I haven't had much time to work on the project for quite some time because I have a lot of personal life stuff I have to get situated (read: getting a job, which sucks ass by the way).

That's not to say I'm abandoning the project, but it's more than likely that I will have to go on hiatus until I can dedicate more time into the project like I was able to a couple months ago.

OkNo10

Reputation score
Intermission
-Start Match
-Ranking
-Training
-View Status
-Chat
-Data save
-Data load
-Return to title
Training
-Skill training
-Purchase goods
-Sparring (If you special KO an enemy they show up here as a "slave")
-Back
Mid Match
-
Attack (Lips, Breasts, Pussy, Ass, Spirit (verbal stuff), Strip (enemy) )
-Self (Defense (skills), Power up, Strip (self) )
-Positioning (keeping your distance or getting back in close...to note: npcs WILL sometimes strip their own clothes if you remain distant)

L is for lips, F is for finger, B is for breast, P is for position shift, *star* is for special (AC is your special bar). These appear next to your skills/moves and i'm sure you know what that means ^-^

*These are just the basics so you guys can probably have a better time enjoying the game or somehow translating. (Copy and paste it all into some notepad text file and use it for reference)

ltanderl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Intermission
-Start Match
-Ranking
-Training
-View Status
-Chat
-Data save
-Data load
-Return to title
Training
-Skill training
-Purchase goods
-Sparring (If you special KO an enemy they show up here as a "slave")
-Back
Mid Match
-
Attack (Lips, Breasts, Pussy, Ass, Spirit (verbal stuff), Strip (enemy) )
-Self (Defense (skills), Power up, Strip (self) )
-Positioning (keeping your distance or getting back in close...to note: npcs WILL sometimes strip their own clothes if you remain distant)

L is for lips, F is for finger, B is for breast, P is for position shift, *star* is for special (AC is your special bar). These appear next to your skills/moves and i'm sure you know what that means ^-^

*These are just the basics so you guys can probably have a better time enjoying the game or somehow translating. (Copy and paste it all into some notepad text file and use it for reference)

How dose that with the sparring work? i dont get it to work to add more character to the menu.... Any help would be great...

ElPresidente

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I can't get this thing to work. I have a jap locale emulator and have extracted with BaniZip with a jap code page.
Keep getting some text error when the match starts

OkNo10

Reputation score
How dose that with the sparring work? i dont get it to work to add more character to the menu.... Any help would be great...
Okay, in match it is totally possible to raise both their bars to max...the blue damage is spirit-like damage and pink is obviously excitement damage. Raise both her bars until you see a double heart icon on the top left of your screen. This means you have to use a move that damages BOTH bars in order for your opponent to lose to a special ko (there will be an animation showing her pissing? or is it yellow squirt? lol)(her eyes will roll back too). I suggest going for blue first since it seems to raise the mood quicker, so it is somewhat easier to deal pink "damage". Characters who get special KOed tend to be available in sparring.

*If you succeed and get them as a sparring partner, do the special KO again in order to unlock a special match type with that opponent...but i will let you find out what that is ;)

ltanderl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, in match it is totally possible to raise both their bars to max...the blue damage is spirit-like damage and pink is obviously excitement damage. Raise both her bars until you see a double heart icon on the top left of your screen. This means you have to use a move that damages BOTH bars in order for your opponent to lose to a special ko (there will be an animation showing her pissing? or is it yellow squirt? lol)(her eyes will roll back too). I suggest going for blue first since it seems to raise the mood quicker, so it is somewhat easier to deal pink "damage". Characters who get special KOed tend to be available in sparring.

*If you succeed and get them as a sparring partner, do the special KO again in order to unlock a special match type with that opponent...but i will let you find out what that is ;)
Wont work with sparring but matches are over with one win no matter what setting are used. Mabey not every character works? No clue.

OkNo10

Reputation score
Wont work with sparring but matches are over with one win no matter what setting are used. Mabey not every character works? No clue.
I've managed to do it with every character even the rank 1 "champion" without cheating of course :] . It might be only capable of being done in a rematch setting...try going for a rematch for the opponent you want for sparring then if you DO manage to get them as a partner through special KO beat them with a special KO once more as a slave and the match option should unlock. *You have to actually select that new match type against your slave lol...normal is always default. You'll know when you change the match type when the background changes.

ltanderl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've managed to do it with every character even the rank 1 "champion" without cheating of course :] . It might be only capable of being done in a rematch setting...try going for a rematch for the opponent you want for sparring then if you DO manage to get them as a partner through special KO beat them with a special KO once more as a slave and the match option should unlock. *You have to actually select that new match type against your slave lol...normal is always default. You'll know when you change the match type when the background changes.
well then i am to dump for it. Even when there are 2 hearts and i see that yellow thing they are still not aviable in sparring... Really strange. I use Version 0.9 mabey it has something to do with that?

OkNo10

Reputation score
well then i am to dump for it. Even when there are 2 hearts and i see that yellow thing they are still not aviable in sparring... Really strange. I use Version 0.9 mabey it has something to do with that?
Well! Then i have nooo idea then, i usually win through special KO or rarely draws, so i'm not totally sure how to get anyone as your sparring partner other than what i mentioned. Try a deathmatch or something (can only win through special KO), or maybe try each type of win (tie, normal, special). If that does not work out then it might just be on your end somehow *shrugs*

But i know for sure, if you do manage to get one as your sparring partner, the developer of the game said himself on twitter ("translated") "If you win a sparring match by special KO, a special match option should be unlocked"

flowerpot

Reputation score
I was in the process of translating the Prologue when the crashes started happening and that was when I decided to try to use the ONScripter-EN engine, but from the looks of it, it hasn't seen an update in 7 years.
ONScripter itself is still maintained, but doesn't properly support English. However, as it's open source that can be fixed with a short patch.

I tested a simple machine translation, which seems to work. If somebody is interested: LSB_en_0.9.6.0.zip ( ) - you need to build ONScripter yourself to run it (patch is included).

If somebody knowing Japanese wants to improve the machine translation: the raw translation is here ( ), feel free to replace the machine translations by better ones - and post the result here so I can include them into a new release.

Attachments