What's new

ACT [Wolfenstahl] Last Demon Hunter

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Last Demon Hunter had previously been refered to as "test game", but with the growing interest of the community I figured it might deserve it's own topic.
Also because we plan to bring more additions to the game in the upcoming months.

Last Demon Hunter is a top-down shooter with GoR hentai.
It also features random generation to some degree, so every playthrough should be differently.

You can find the public version of the game here:

There's a newer version on Patreon for Patrons only, but we'll upload it as public version in about 3-4 weeks.

As this game is still being labeled as "test game", it obviously isn't fleshed out.
But due to increasing demand to put more content into it, as well as growing support, we're seriously considering to turn this into a full fledged game, if we get more support that is.

This means:
More enemies, an escape mechanic, as well as "maybe" full coloured artworks.
(the fully coloured artworks are going to be a lot of work, and thus a lot of support would be needed for this)
Sound effects and music might get added to the game as well.

P.S:
If we focus more on LDH, our other game DA will have slower progress obviously.
So please tell us your opinion about it!
(and yes, I'm well aware that peoples opinions are always going into different directions)

Last edited by a moderator:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Last Demon Hunter

That's pretty neat

Interesting idea, simple gameplay, but still seems pretty good to me

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I enjoyed what there is of the game so far, I was hoping for a bit more difference in the levels and level design, or things to power up or anything like that.

The images during fighting are pretty fun, but I would like to see more enemies with interesting fighting mechanics like the plants, rather than more of the imps and zombies who just run at you.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

LOL! I've download a trial of this game somewhere that I can't for the life in remember where. I had no idea this belonged to Wolfenstahl XD
Well, I gotta say, the plot looks like it's coming alone nicely and sex stuffs are reasonably good.
The controls on the other hand, I believe people will rage a bit at first, but later on you get used to it.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

I enjoyed what there is of the game so far, I was hoping for a bit more difference in the levels and level design, or things to power up or anything like that.

The images during fighting are pretty fun, but I would like to see more enemies with interesting fighting mechanics like the plants, rather than more of the imps and zombies who just run at you.
Well, the run at you enemies are the basic ones really :v

Some other ideas I can think of:

Ghost that move back if it's within your line of sight, and try to sneak upon you otherwise, so you have to bait them and make quick turn to snipe them.

Dog that approaches in a zig zag jump patterns, basically make it jumps at an angle while approaching you, way to counter is to snipe where it'll land after a jump (since it'll have fixed distance/angle between each jump)

Minotaur aka charger, pauses to aim at you and charge up power, keep moving to avoid getting hit and go kill it while it's building up another charge (optional: have it be stunned if it runs into wall for more time to kill it)

The fat one (ogre, tentacle mass are example) slow moving enemies that have deadly grab in melee range and lots of health to bring down, manageable in large room/long corridor (optional rock throw/acid spit if you want to give them long range option, but should have a lengthy cooldown)

Swarm that when 'die' split into smaller swarm (Slime boss in Rogue Legacy for example), can be repeat into further splitting, although I'd say 3 split at most.

The chameleon - attempts to blend into surrounding and stay still to ambush when you approach, can also move slowly while camouflaged if shot will attempt to run away out of sight before cloaking again.

The turret - limited line of sight (cone/line)/movement (patrol a specific path or just turn in particular order), either out ranging, sneaking into their blind spot or dashing past them while they're not looking

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

interesting game. thought it's slightly hard to escape when you get surrounded and close to impossible to escape if surrounded near a plant that spawns more tentacle babies.

will there be dogs? i think it would be hot to have a cat girl get fucked by a dog lol.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like the premise, I think the game could use things like power-ups, status effect (arousal) and definitely sounds, both ero and regular.

nintendochamp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys. I'm the one writing for the game and just a few tips and tricks for you.

-If you get surrounded, press and hold the melee key and let it charge up. That full powered melee hit has a very good chance of knocking at least 1/2 of the enemies off of you.

-I found the easiers way to fight the tentacle monster is from the inside, though its risky.

Wolf has asked that I be hush hush on where we're going next with the game, so I'll leave it with just those tips. Just stay tuned, Wolf has some aweosme plans for the game and I'll be sure to keep the scenes awesome for you all. Also if you find typos let me know! I need to work on my proofreading.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

in that case, the typo's im finding is that they keep referring to her pussy as "sex".

ex: it's entering my sex

not exactly like that, i'd have to go replay it. did you guys instead to censor the word pussy?

OP
Wolfenstahl

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm thinking about including some sort of powerups.
Like, other ranged attacks and stuff.
It would be possible to add this kind of thing to the game, but I need to put some more thought into it first.
(and yeah, having some more tileset options would be nice, I'll talk to the team about it)

Some other ideas I can think of:

Ghost that move back if it's within your line of sight, and try to sneak upon you otherwise, so you have to bait them and make quick turn to snipe them.

Dog that approaches in a zig zag jump patterns, basically make it jumps at an angle while approaching you, way to counter is to snipe where it'll land after a jump (since it'll have fixed distance/angle between each jump)

Minotaur aka charger, pauses to aim at you and charge up power, keep moving to avoid getting hit and go kill it while it's building up another charge (optional: have it be stunned if it runs into wall for more time to kill it)

The fat one (ogre, tentacle mass are example) slow moving enemies that have deadly grab in melee range and lots of health to bring down, manageable in large room/long corridor (optional rock throw/acid spit if you want to give them long range option, but should have a lengthy cooldown)

Swarm that when 'die' split into smaller swarm (Slime boss in Rogue Legacy for example), can be repeat into further splitting, although I'd say 3 split at most.

The chameleon - attempts to blend into surrounding and stay still to ambush when you approach, can also move slowly while camouflaged if shot will attempt to run away out of sight before cloaking again.

The turret - limited line of sight (cone/line)/movement (patrol a specific path or just turn in particular order), either out ranging, sneaking into their blind spot or dashing past them while they're not looking
Thank you very much for the suggestions!
Several enemies that have similarities with what you've listed are already planned.
The ones you suggested, but I haven't thought of yet, sound like they could fit into the game.
I'm currently thinking about some new enemy design to add to the game, so this helps a lot, thank you!

(the "Minotaur" has similarities with the already implemented Ape-Demon, stuff like the Ghost and Ogre are enemies that are already planned, very similarly, and they'll make it into the game in one of the future patches)

interesting game. thought it's slightly hard to escape when you get surrounded and close to impossible to escape if surrounded near a plant that spawns more tentacle babies.
Nintendochamp already gave some tips for this:
Hey guys. I'm the one writing for the game and just a few tips and tricks for you.

-If you get surrounded, press and hold the melee key and let it charge up. That full powered melee hit has a very good chance of knocking at least 1/2 of the enemies off of you.

-I found the easiers way to fight the tentacle monster is from the inside, though its risky.
Thank you very much!
And thank you very much for writing the text for the CG scenes!

will there be dogs? i think it would be hot to have a cat girl get fucked by a dog lol.
I'll think about it.
Most likely Werewolves or zombie dogs would fit into the "setting", as Ferania (the wolfgirl demi-goddess) fights demons and stuff like that.
I'd say Werewolves do have a good chance of making it into the game.

(and luckily we're not based in the UK)

I like the premise, I think the game could use things like power-ups, status effect (arousal) and definitely sounds, both ero and regular.
As support is increasing, we'll be adding stuff like that bit by bit.
I must say I was surprised that this game had been received this well, so I'll plan on adding more stuff to it for sure!

I'm away for the weekend, so I'll respond to further questions once I'm back on monday I guess.

Currently I'm working on adding customizable controls to the game.
It's not done yet, but I'm confident that I'm able to finish it "soon"...
(soon hahaha... well, I'll try my best to not take too long for this)

thswherizat

Reputation score

I must say I was surprised that this game had been received this well, so I'll plan on adding more stuff to it for sure!
I hate to seem like I'm attacking you as the development team, but I really have to dispute this point.

Why the heck would you be surprised this game was recieved so well? Paperheads was recieved very well, with minor contention on the grabs system, and everyone was excited about the design of Geisterhand (moreso once H-animations were announced, in fact I still have my Geisterhand demo). Your team has made good products, reached out to the community, and have your work in English, which is rare enough on its own.

The only reason why the Last Demon Hunter didn't gain as much traction on ULMF or anywhere else (I would guess) is that it was released with little to no fanfare on your blog provided you weren't a patron. Remember that it's been over a full year since you guys released any content before that, so a lot of us had basically given up checking to see new updates, because once Geisterhand was dropped, it seemed like you may be closing down for a good while.

Basically, there was no reason your game wouldn't be well liked. It has great art, simple and easy design, and enough things to see to make it worth the time.

OP
Wolfenstahl

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No worries, I don't feel like this is an attack.
It kinda feels more like a compliment I guess?

I never thought of it "this way".
Thanks for sharing your point of view.
It's giving me a different perspective regarding this matter.

I was just kinda surprised since... well... I guess I'm too critical of my own work.
If you know what I mean.
So I figured other people might not enjoy it that much.
(I'm always thinking that I could do better, that something is lacking etc.)

What you said makes sense though.
So I guess I should simply move on instead of worrying too much about if it will be received well or not.
Thank you very much!

Speaking about moving on:
Now that I've returned from the short trip this weekend, I wanted to get back at finally programming the customizable controls for LDH.
This will take some time, but hopefully it helps people to enjoy the game more.
Cres will still need a while until she can get to creating more graphics for the game.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

in that case, the typo's im finding is that they keep referring to her pussy as "sex".

ex: it's entering my sex

not exactly like that, i'd have to go replay it. did you guys instead to censor the word pussy?
Technically this isn't wrong, there is a ton of slang that can be used instead of pussy, and I've seen it referred to as sex before. One of the oddest is some reference to a wet mound...

thswherizat

Reputation score

So it's been about two weeks now by my estimate, when is the new patch out for us plebs?

OP
Wolfenstahl

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll release a new public version in around 1-2 weeks.
(back then I said it's being released in about 3-4 weeks, so it's on time)

I can't answer the questions regarding the writing, so I'll forward it to our writer.

nintendochamp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Technically this isn't wrong, there is a ton of slang that can be used instead of pussy, and I've seen it referred to as sex before. One of the oddest is some reference to a wet mound...

Yep. Thats exactly it. I didn't want to reuse pussy and vagina all the time. Someone's sex is their genitals, so yes it can be used there. I prefer to use sex over genitals because it sounds....sexier? ( I see what I did there and I don't know if I should be proud or boo myself)

I try not to use the same word all the time. Thats what it comes down to.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yep. Thats exactly it. I didn't want to reuse pussy and vagina all the time. Someone's sex is their genitals, so yes it can be used there. I prefer to use sex over genitals because it sounds....sexier? ( I see what I did there and I don't know if I should be proud or boo myself)

I try not to use the same word all the time. Thats what it comes down to.
PPPPFFFFFT STICKLY LOVE CANAL

OP
Wolfenstahl

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I released the new public version a couple days ago on the blog.
It contains the ape-demon as well as several fixes.

There's also a new patreon version which will be made public in about 4 weeks.
That one contains the ghost-demon and custom controls.

Enjoy!