What's new

[Complete - Full] Leotard quest

Fatalus

Reputation score
Original thread (yeah, it's been few years): https://ulmf.org/threads/pika-san-leotard-quest.3991/

Found this BF RPG gem from years before on my PC. As I remembered this game being amazing, I decided to give translation a try. Tools not available back then made it possible for me.

Before you do anything I STRONGLY suggest making a backup of whole game, and only work on new copy. It's my first attempt at translation and I don't want to brick your game.
I tested applying this patch to a fresh, japanese game and it worked. But I can't guarantee it will work for you. (I had the game crash during early stages of translation but seem to have fixed those).
To apply it, all it should take is to replace "Data" folder where your game is located. (MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO IT)
If you don't have a "Data" folder you need to decrypt your .rgss file. After decrypting, put those folders where the game is and either remove or rename .rgss file. (BACKUP .rgss file BEFORE YOU DO IT).

Let me know what you think, or even if there's anybody still interested in this. Opinions (both bad and good) appreciated.

From now on I'll update OP with newest patch for crimson leoquest since digging whole thread each time might get tedious for people.

Final patch (hopefully): The game is pretty much done. Enjoy.

27.02.2020 EDIT: Old MEGA links went down and I don't have the old files anymore, the patch in this post will only work properly with version from April 2019.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
First of all.

You're doing god's work. No, seriously.

Second.
is this an old version of the game? Or is it one of the new ones? Because I remember the game being updated a few months back.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
This is... 8.6 or 8.61 I believe. Are you sure it was updated few months back? I'd love to check it out, can't seem to find it on google search though...

Did you try and patch your game with Data folder I provided? When I started I had the game crash a lot, but whatever I did at some point seems to have fix this. I still do step by step not to lose hours of work, but didn't have a crash for solid 2 weeks now.

I really want to see if this works for other people.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I noticed the game was crashing a lot when I made a copy of the folder. But making a backup of the RGSS and using the data folder on the main file was more than enough.

Yeah, pretty sure there was a new version, i'l check.

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Better compress your file first before sharing it because some of the file give a temporary error notification when i try to download it so i can't download it...

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Mother of god. You are a hero.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
Uploading file with 2 memory rooms complete (2-3 enemies missing):

You should test it with version 8.61. I think it can mess with newer versions...

Anyway, as this was a test project for me and I managed to keep they game stable for few weeks now, I will now move on to newest version and translate the whole game as I play through.
I made this decision based on the fact that applying 8.61 files to newest seems to remove certain parts/content and I'm afraid it will all break at one point. That would probably make me abandon the thing altogether.

Obviously I copied every enemy I've done so far and will reuse that whenever possible to speed up the progress. But translating lore also means that sexy times are translated slower. No way around it.

Anyway, to sweeten the wait time as I start new version I provide you with this patch. What's done: most items, most hero skills, vast majority of enemy attacks and combinations of those (some rare attacks probably slipped through). Counting enemy attacks and dialogues I estimate... 6000 text boxes translated (one box is anywhere from 1 line of text to 4). That should be a good few hours of good times.

When I get more work done, I'll update this. Have fun with what I did so far.

Kitsunachi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

And yea, there is a newer version from january 4th 2019, apparently it's called クリムゾンなレオクエ now. Here's the link:

Mod edit: Link removed due to loli.

I'm not too familiar with RPG Maker, but there might be tools out there for you to port the translation over. The base game is the same, so I'm guessing what's already been translated would still fit. Changes seem to mostly be updated/better pictures, higher quality music, more events in towns and roaming minibosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkstar816

Reputation score
Am I misunderstanding the PM system? I have been trying to use the "start conversation" in the upper right to ask Kitsunachi about the Leotard Quest Crimson link, but ULMF isn't permitting it.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
wow i remember playing this a long time ago tried to google search the new name but i cant seem to find anything, even for the normal leotard quest i was never able to find the site of the person that made the game if there is one.

well found my copy of the game that i put on a random CD and its as hard as i remember the random battles are fine but the battles with the people that walk around are so hard its insane if they attack first and do more then half my hp may as well just reload.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Am I misunderstanding the PM system? I have been trying to use the "start conversation" in the upper right to ask Kitsunachi about the Leotard Quest Crimson link, but ULMF isn't permitting it.
They've disabled the feature from their end in the privacy settings. Most likely have it set to no-one being able to start a conversation with them.

Darkstar816

Reputation score
They've disabled the feature from their end in the privacy settings. Most likely have it set to no-one being able to start a conversation with them.
Thanks for the info. I thought that my NoScript or AdBlocker was mucking things up.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
As promised, that's a patch to newest version translated as I play through. The whole game is machine translated and I patch manual translation as I go through the game. Therefore you might see an occasional enemy/part that's in machine English. The game is so big and so many encounters depend on weakness/preference that I simply can't catch them all.

So far encountered one crash - certain optional enemy crashes the game when she uses one specific attack. She's simple enough to beat anyway (low health) or skippable.
Some equippable items that should provide skills are bugged and don't. I will attempt to fix this when I "complete" the translation. As fixing this requires messing with scripts and that can break the whole thing so I'm not willing to go back hours/weeks and find what I broke.

Posting a patch now. There will be some text that goes through text box boundaries (should be minor if any for manual translation and can be major for machine one). There will be typos.

Feel free to provide any feedback, both positive or negative. (Just please not about machine parts, lol).

Manual translation is up to the hunter school.

Attachments

Last edited:

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
question in the second town next to the guy that start random battles in town what does the tree next to him do i dont have the patch ill get the patch once its all done.

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
question in the second town next to the guy that start random battles in town what does the tree next to him do i dont have the patch ill get the patch once its all done.
It says something like "Looks like I can go between the trees here, but I have no reason to do that right now." I assume it'll lead to something later. An optional encounter, maybe. It doesn't seem like you can use it to avoid the mandatory fight, which can be difficult without proper preparations.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
No idea yet either, tried before and after town event but the message stays the same.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
No idea yet either, tried before and after town event but the message stays the same.
if your translation the game using rpg maker vx i think that what the game was made with you could check that tree event page and see if there is something to do, there should be multiple pages or branches that check for items you have in your inventory or story event triggers.

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for working on this. The version of the patch in the OP post (from July) works fine for me, but the latest one (from a few days ago) breaks the game. I keep getting error messages on startup, or after playing for a few seconds, saying that various files aren't found. I've patched a lot of these games before so I don't think it's something I'm doing wrong, though I might be mistaken.

Here's an example. I'm using v8.61, or at least that's what the accompanying .txt file says I'm using.

---------------------------
LEOTARD QUEST
ファイル Graphics/System/Title14 が見つかりません。
OK

I have an extracted Graphics/System folder, but it doesn't have a Title14 file. Like I said, I wasn't getting these problems with the first patch (or unpatched), so I don't think I'm actually missing any files. I've tried patching the game from a fresh JP copy but I still get the same problems.

OP
Fatalus

Fatalus

Reputation score
Edit: Nvm read wrong.

I think what you're trying to do is apply a patch for the newest version of the game to 8.61. And yes, that will break the game. Please PM me when you can and I'll help you fix it.

Last edited: