What's new

LineMarvel's newgrounds profile hacked?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Sorry guys I haven't been around in ages so I can't believe I'm the first one to notice this, but someone appears to have and placed adds on Demon Girl pointing to a site which earns him money when people try and download "Demon Girl 2 Deluxe" (and similar stuff for Jungle Girl). They have also uploaded the Angel Girl that we noticed someone working on, and claimed there's a full version on the same ad site.

Am I really the first to notice this?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: LineMarvel's newgrounds profile hacked?

I don't visit newgrounds :/

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I actually have both Demon Girl and Jungle Girl as swf files on my computer, so I don't have to visit Newgrounds to play them.

So yeah, you probably are the only one who noticed that.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Updated Jungle Girl, full version available now!
Full Version includes
8 New girls to play as
13 New enemies
5 New levels
Updated/improved graphics
Gallery Mode
and much more!
Download link in game.
Haha, what?

And yes, I think you may be the only person to have noticed that. Good catch though. Now we can let the great lord himself know should he ever deem us worthy again to grace us with his divine presence.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I've been searching for about half an hour for a "report" button. What the fuck, Newgrounds?

And also, I take this as a sign that he'll be coming in here soon and dropping off a "I'm not dead!" message.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Much as I would love to poke around on Spywaregrounds...I mean, Newgrounds, I don't get on there too much any more, so I guess, good catch, Aika! And good luck with the search, Dark. If nothing else, try looking for a "contact us" button or something. *shrugs*

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dark, it is a whistle. Look for a whistle.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

According to the FAQ, I can only blow the whistle if the submission is under judgment. Since this has apparently already passed judgment, I can't blow the whistle then?

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So we can't even report this guy? That is a lot of screwed.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry guys I haven't been around in ages so I can't believe I'm the first one to notice this, but someone appears to have and placed adds on Demon Girl pointing to a site which earns him money when people try and download "Demon Girl 2 Deluxe" (and similar stuff for Jungle Girl). They have also uploaded the Angel Girl that we noticed someone working on, and claimed there's a full version on the same ad site.

Am I really the first to notice this?
THAT BASTARD!!!:mad:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Not been on Newgrounds in ages to know, to be perfectly honest. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the Angel Girl dude trying to get more hype for his stuff. Where'd the links he said he install into the games go again?

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Now, there're a couple things wrong with your assumption.

1.The person who hacked the account can speak understandable, non-broken English. Koonsoft doesn't have a full grasp of English.

2. Why would he even take the account? He can much more easily just make his own account and post it there. I don't know much about hacking, but I'm sure it'd be miles harder to take Linemarvel's account than just make his own.

3. The links that he used does not go to the blog.

4. If it were really Koonsoft, why would he intentionally ruin his own game by adding really shitty background music, removing the pupils from Angel Girl's eyes, and using a very old version of his demo instead of his most updated demo?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

see, i told you all aika was still our boss man.

KCRose

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Why not contact (the owner) {my third edit of this post} some other way? Use a translator of some sort to let them know, then post the english copy underneith it? I'm still new around here so I'm sure I'm probably missing something somewhere. Perhaps he can retrieve it with secret questions or IP traces or something? I'm assuming from Dark's response he doesn't speak english.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Why not contact Linemarvel some other way? Use a translator of some sort to let him know, then post the english copy underneith it? I'm still new so I'm sure I'm probably missing something here. Perhaps he can retrieve it with secret questions or IP traces or something? I"m new so I'm assuming from Dark's response he doesn't speak english.
We're talking about the guy who made Jungle Girl and Demon Girl, not the one who made Angel Girl. We don't have any means of contacting him as he disappeared years ago.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

He does have a point though. Koonsoft should know what's going on as well.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, I just sent Wade a message about the game. All of the information I could find pointed towards him being the best choice, so hopefully he was the right one to send it to.

Yeah, I'd like to say I would have caught this if I still went to Newgrounds, but even when I visited daily, it was rare for me to check on the 'under submission' games and movies. Not to mention that I wouldn't have been looking for Linemarvel to have done anything, seeing as how it's been 3 years since he said anything in his blog, and even longer since he submitted anything to NG.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

I went to each individual game, linked links to the topic here with the actual game (since they're fucking unplayable on there anyway), an explanation, and I went to every file's hosting service and reported the file. I hope it helps.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, looks like someone noticed. The Angel Girl game has been taken down. Dunno if it was mods or the guy who hacked into the account, though.

The links that make the guy money are still on the other games, though.

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Demon girl seems to have been edited as well - the blue things sometimes fly superfast, which I'm pretty sure they never used to.