What's new

Looking for an artist who wants to make rpg game together

sakato

Reputation score
As the headline said, I want to try to build an rpg game but I don't know how to draw. So, it would be nice if I can find someone to build a game with that can help me with cg and stuffs.

OP
sakato

sakato

Reputation score
P.S. It would be nice if the drawing is more to the Asian style rather than Western.

nimodae

Reputation score
The lack of replies is either because of the fact there are few artists roaming here, or the fact that almost no info is given.

So, what's the scope of the project; how big will the game be (and how many CGs/scenes are to be made)?
Is it in RPGM MV or one of the older ones? Do you already have a framework in place?
Will it be a commercial or free game?

Also not unimportant: what's the game about and how is to be played? What's the setting and what tags could be applied to the game?
I understand you don't want to spill the beans right away, but some basic info could get people to message you.

OP
sakato

sakato

Reputation score
Yeah, that's very true. The thing is that I haven't made a final decision on many of the question you ask, so I wouldn't want to change my mind often and give false information. So, if anyone is interested I would like to make a group chat instead.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, I'm not artist so I'll just throw some idea like Nomodae :

Peoples like to know what they're getting into.
Knowing the setting of the game, the style, amount of work you need ... Also knowing what you'll want draw (some artist may not want to dot scat / guro stuff for exemple).

Also, while some artists will be ready to do some free work for a free game, other will want payment.
And last of all, there is the artstyle (some get better with some game, there the question of taste too....).

You'll need a minimum of info to attract answer.
Plus, the fact that you, yourself, seem not certain of many of theses answer gave the feeling that the game project haven't been think through yet - so there some (big ?) chance it will no be finished, hence even less answer.

nimodae

Reputation score
Yeah, that's very true. The thing is that I haven't made a final decision on many of the question you ask, so I wouldn't want to change my mind often and give false information. So, if anyone is interested I would like to make a group chat instead.
The question then is: do you want a dev partner or do you just need an artist?

If I were you, I would forget about the art for now and keep control of your project.
Write a story first. Then build the gameplay around that. What gameplay is fitting for what you want to tell?
Write characters with specific traits and/or jobs. An artist can visualize them later.
Then present your idea to willing artists to bring life to your ideas.
Lastly, there are more than enough artists willing to do work for free, but even more that will do it for payment. Keep that in mind.

I'm far from being an expert game developer, but if you need some pointers, you can PM me.