What's new

[LunaSoft] マジック&スラッシュ-見習い冒険者リルのHな大冒険- Magic & Slash (RJ213313)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Level cap is 50 (separate achievements pulling it off with the melee and caster classes). That's 131 skill points. Maxing out 6 skills costs 90 points and investing in the base class skill to unlock all of the tiers (21 points) will leave players with enough points to max out 1 passive skill and still have less than 15 points available to invest in other passive skills or 1-point wonder utility skills.

Players with life and mana steal can regain full health and mana in town by attacking the scarecrow just outside the inn. Not an issue in normal difficulty, but having an option to rejuvenate without respawning monsters at the entrances and exits makes it worth the 5-10 seconds it takes to swing at the scarecrow.

Last edited:

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
( . . . )
Edit: I stand corrected. There is a masturbation GOR scene with the caster in act 2 in addition to the zombie rape one.
Caster gets ghouls and forced masturbation in Act 2. Melee gets ghouls (different scene compared to caster) and slimes.

Act 1 Caster gets orc DP and the orc boss scene, as mentioned. Melee gets the kuchu plant creatures and the other orc mob scene (not DP).

Also, I forgot to mention this (since I didn't really notice...), but the scenes for the different costumes within the same class have different dialogue (Riru generally acts more defiant and less inexperienced in the second costume scenes for both melee and caster), so it's not just cosmetic.

Shouldn't be too difficult to guess which costume has different variants since they're generally lined up in order in the CG gallery. Post quoted is absolutely correct, although I'm not too bothered about RNG since there's no penalty for losing in this game.
It's frustrating because you basically have to sit through repeats of the same scene to get what you want, and the pre-scene cutscene cannot be skipped so you have to manually click through the whole thing (the actual scene also can't be skipped unlike how some games do it, but at least you can fast forward through it). Having to sit through 15+ scenes per act starts getting grating after a while.

I do admit that most of my frustration comes from me attempting to clear the Act 1 CGs before realizing that there were extra costumes (and finishing the extra sidequests for them), so I was pretty baffled over the missing scenes in the gallery (making me think that they were four scenes per costume) I couldn't get no matter how many times I died. 'though like I said, the whole system is counterintuitive, you didn't realize there were two scenes per costume until I mentioned it, right? And you even thought I was wrong ("...there is no variation between scenes if you lose more than once with a specific costume.") because the RNG makes it hard to confirm things.

Of course, I admit, once you know how the system works, it's no longer as frustrating, but as I've said, counterintuitive (so, frustrating when you're trying to figure things out).

Level cap is 50 (separate achievements pulling it off with the melee and caster classes). That's 131 skill points. Maxing out 6 skills costs 90 points and investing in the base class skill to unlock all of the tiers will leave players with enough points to max out 1 passive skill and still have less than 15 points available to invest in other passive skills or 1-point wonder utility skills.

Players with life and mana steal can regain full health and mana in town by attacking the scarecrow just outside the inn.
You could also sleep if you don't mind the monsters respawning (which isn't that much of an issue with appropriate placement of town portals).

Caster in particular has a lot of 1-point wonders, especially among her 3rd tier skills (which allow the player to ROFL stomp through the first and second acts on Normal with barely any effort. And the devs say the caster is for experts...). Pity they have to go with D3-style LMB + RMB + QWER 6 skill limit (well, 5 and a half, because skill bound to LMB cannot be freely-aimed since it's also used for movement) though. that said there are some skills that last long enough (e.g. Phoenix) that you could cast and then swap them out if you don't mind clicking a bit more for cinch fights.

As a side note, one of the caster's 4th tier ice skills is Blizzard Cannon. Or Buriza-Do Kyanon, making it an overt Diablo reference especially considering the skill also pierces through enemies.

Overall, this is a pretty good game, and I do enjoy all the references they put in (there's also a "railgun" skill that you fire off Misaka Mikoto style, and yes, it uses 1 gold per shot). Just the CG-collecting aspect is frustrating, that's all.

--
Oh yes, some more tips for players:
1) You can fast travel while within town. A button will pop up over your skill slots, click that. This makes it convenient since you don't have to manually walk all over the place when coming back to resupply/empty your inventory.

2) You can automatically sell vendor trash (the 'collection' items) at the item shop by clicking the button at the bottom of the seller's window. The checkbox determines whether quest items (determined by whichever active quests you have) are sold or not; by default they are not (checkbox is ticked). Still, you probably want to keep some of the rarer vendor trash (especially dragon wings) you haven't seen before in your stash because they might come up for quests later on.

3) Likewise, you can automatically scrap all gear in your inventory at Mimi's (the alchemist/magic consultant in the basement). Careful not to leave anything important in your inventory though (either equip or stash them).

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Caster gets ghouls and forced masturbation in Act 2. Melee gets ghouls (different scene compared to caster) and slimes.

Act 1 Caster gets orc DP and the orc boss scene, as mentioned. Melee gets the kuchu plant creatures and the other orc mob scene (not DP).

Also, I forgot to mention this (since I didn't really notice...), but the scenes for the different costumes within the same class have different dialogue (Riru generally acts more defiant and less inexperienced in the second costume scenes for both melee and caster), so it's not just cosmetic.

It's frustrating because you basically have to sit through repeats of the same scene to get what you want, and the pre-scene cutscene cannot be skipped so you have to manually click through the whole thing (the actual scene also can't be skipped unlike how some games do it, but at least you can fast forward through it). Having to sit through 15+ scenes per act starts getting grating after a while.

I do admit that most of the frustration comes from me attempting to clear the Act 1 CGs before realizing that there were extra costumes (and finishing the extra sidequests for them), so I was pretty baffled over the missing scenes in the gallery (making me think that they were four scenes per costume) I couldn't get no matter how many times I died. 'though like I said, the whole system is counterintuitive, you didn't realize there were two scenes per costume until I mentioned it, right? And you even thought I was wrong ("...there is no variation between scenes if you lose more than once with a specific costume.") because the RNG makes it hard to confirm things.

Of course, I admit, once you know how the system works, it's no longer as frustrating, but as I've said, counterintuitive (so, frustrating when you're trying to figure things out).

You could also sleep if you don't mind the monsters respawning (which isn't that much of an issue with appropriate placement of town portals).

Caster in particular has a lot of 1-point wonders, especially among her 3rd tier skills (which allow the player to ROFL stomp through the first and second acts on Normal with barely any effort. And the devs say the caster is for experts...). Pity they have to go with D3-style LMB + RMB + QWER 6 skill limit (well, 5 and a half, because skill bound to LMB cannot be freely-aimed since it's also used for movement) though. that said there are some skills that last long enough (e.g. Phoenix) that you could cast and then swap them out if you don't mind clicking a bit more for cinch fights.

As a side note, one of the caster's 4th tier ice skills is Blizzard Cannon. Or Buriza-Do Kyanon, making it an overt Diablo reference especially considering the skill also pierces through enemies.

Overall, this is a pretty good game, and I do enjoy all the references they put in (there's also a "railgun" skill that you fire off Misaka Mikoto style, and yes, it uses 1 gold per shot). Just the CG-collecting aspect is frustrating, that's all.

--
Oh yes, some more tips for players:
1) You can fast travel while within town. A button will pop up over your skill slots, click that. This makes it convenient since you don't have to manually walk all over the place when coming back to resupply/empty your inventory.

2) You can automatically sell vendor trash (the 'collection' items) at the item shop by clicking the button at the bottom of the seller's window. The checkbox determines whether quest items (determined by whichever active quests you have) are sold or not; by default they are not (checkbox is ticked). Still, you probably want to keep some of the rarer vendor trash (especially dragon wings) you haven't seen before in your stash because they might come up for quests later on.

3) Likewise, you can automatically scrap all gear in your inventory at Mimi's (the alchemist/magic consultant in the basement). Careful not to leave anything important in your inventory though (either equip or stash them).
When the sex scene starts, hold CTRL to skip the dialogue. No choice but to press enter for the first part when she initially wakes up though.
By the time players get to Nightmare, skill choices are effectively limited to the most damaging of each tree with one point wonders either in passive or utility skills. Normal isn't a challenge, it's Nightmare onwards that proves how difficult it is for the Caster to get past regular stages since she lacks the invincibility buff of the fighter class.
Hold Shift to fire spells while standing in place. Problem solved regarding aiming firebolt for the caster with the hotkey on the LMB.
You cannot swap out skills that are on cooldown, so no cheesing with Phoenix. Set it to a hotkey since it's going to be used a lot from Nightmare onwards. Even with a two minute cooldown, I don't have anything else I could swap out of it into for regular stage progression.
Played the game without going for GOR scenes first time round, so didn't experience any frustration trying to unlock GOR scenes in Nightmare thanks to tips on this thread and a check of the CG gallery.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Most damaging skills for each class:

Fighter:
Revenge (466% weapon strength with just 1 point and lots of +skill modifiers to make to level 6. Don't really like it because of the long cooldown and subsequent debuff to attack speed)
Bloodswing (562% at level 10. There's a unique sword that increases the damage modifier by 150%. Cooldown of 7 seconds at level 10 is acceptable)
Doubleswing and Bladestorm (200% weapon strength at level 10. Negligible cooldown.)

Caster:
Phoenix (8000-10000 fire damage at level 10. Affected by modifiers which increase fire damage. Longest cooldown of any skill in the game, but the damage makes it worthwhile. Also the only way for Casters to survive entering a horde from the get go)
Napalm Bomb (1200-1500 fire damage at level 10. Inferno might do more damage if enemies are dumb enough to sit in place, but the mana cost is ludicrous (372+ mana at level 10) and it's only worth it if enemies are distracted enough to sit in the target area for extended periods through use of decoy, elementals etc. Napalm cooldown is quite slow though)
Tempest (72-1260 lightning damage at level 10. Terrible minimum damage, but it's got a wide AOE and combined with mana steal can potentially make back the cost of the spell with a well-timed cast. 3.03 second cooldown time only makes it spammable with mana steal though)
Firebolt (720-900 fire damage at level 10. There's a pair of gloves that changes the spell attribute to divine bypassing enemy resistances completely. Best of the single-shot target spells for both damage and with unique item compatibility.)
Blizzard Cannon (359-479 ice damage at level 10. Highest damaging ice spell in the game, which isn't saying much since ice has terrible max damage for all of its spells. This one pierces so it's great when cast properly with mana steal, but the projectile is extremely slow moving. Decent cooldown.)

Last edited:

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi all...
Does anybody know where to find this.....ややかたい皮
translates as "somewhat hard skin"
any help would be much appreciated as I've just spent an hour grinding
the earlier levels with no luck.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
None of the H seem very good, though I wasn't really expecting too much from Lunasoft in that department so....

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hi all...
Does anybody know where to find this.....ややかたい皮
translates as "somewhat hard skin"
any help would be much appreciated as I've just spent an hour grinding
the earlier levels with no luck.
A late reply, but if you haven't found it/given up by now the item you're looking for is an uncommon drop from the spiders in Act 2's labyrinth.

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh that's great thanks for the help,
on the down side... I recently unequip my current gear(thought I was repairing them in the shop)
went to mass salvage of items THEN realized my mistake...…..damn :cry:

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Embryos: How they work and what they mean for the ending

A guaranteed drop from the Act bosses and the starting Ent mid-boss, these unique items unlock sex scenes between the protagonist and the innkeeper depending on which outfit she's wearing when she asks the question.

Item Mechanics:
Unlike gear, the item level of embryos from act bosses or as random drops is dependent on the player's character level. Embryo item level is plus/minus 5 of the player's character level with a hard cap at level 50 (so players who have level-capped will usually get 45-50 item level embryos, the usual average is 47-48.) Even if players redeem the embryo in Act 1 Easy from the Ent mid-boss, the item level is going to be much higher than equipment from the same area.

Embryos after "incubation" usually end up as magic familiars which can be sold or converted to gems by talking to Mimi in the lab.
Item properties include:
Periodic HP recovery
Periodic MP recovery
Elemental attack with damage depending on element and item level.
Temporary buff to ATK and MATK
Temporary buff to DEF and MDEF
Temporary buff to speed
Possibly more traits (which I haven't seen yet)

There is a "legendary" familiar who has up to four modifiers rather than the usual two. I've collected over 40 embryos and to date I've only ever seen one legendary familiar. I know my playing experience isn't a representative sample size, but players need to be REALLY dedicated to pick up a high item level legendary familiar.

As for the ending (and gallery scenes), each time there's a sex scene a running counter starts which is separate for the melee and caster classes. After the fourth scene, the H-scene cycle will loop onto itself.
Players need to take note that once the first round of sex scenes has passed, players cannot watch the "alternate" round 1 version unless they start a new game (E.g. Player watched all of the melee sex scenes dressed in the academy uniform. Even if the standard melee uniform is picked thereafter, only round 2 of the sex scenes can be viewed on either variant. Only way to see round 1 of the starter melee costume is to reload from a saved game prior to the first sex scene or to get enough embryos to repeat the cycle starting from the other variant in a new game plus)

If players watch the second round 2 sex scene, the dialogue between the protagonist and the innkeeper will change prior to sex. That's the indicator that the game ending will be the "true" end. If sex scenes stopped at round 2 of the first sex scene of either class, the childhood friend sex scene will be unlocked instead at the end of the game.

Some areas appear to have a higher base probability of spawning embryos. From personal experience, the orc cave of Act 1 and the library stages of Act 4 are good bets for a higher than average chance of embryo drops. To further improve the odds, players need to finish the post Act-4 boss quest from Mimi and Tanya to receive the unique melee and caster weapons with an innate +1.5% chance to spawn embryos item attribute.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Changes in 1.01:

Original text:
・マップを移動する瞬間にゲームオーバーとなり、その後コンティニューを実行すると
 プレイヤーキャラクターの座標が正常な値ではなくなる不具合を修正しました
・敵の特性「最大HP+」「最大HP++」「最大HP+++」の効果を調整しました
・敵の特性「Atk/Matk+」「Atk/Matk++」「Atk/Matk+++」の効果を調整しました
・敵キャラクター「リッチ」の一部スキルの威力を調整しました
・敵キャラクター「古城の守護者」の一部スキルの威力を調整しました
・敵キャラクター「遺産の守護者」の一部スキルの威力を調整しました
・レジェンダリー装備「不死鳥の羽」の性能を調整しました
・「エピック」と「レジェンダリー」のレアリティの装備のドロップ率を調整しました
・装備の特性「ライフ吸収」と「マナ吸収」の効果を調整しました
・プレイヤーキャラクターの属性抵抗の上限値を調整しました
・ナイトメア以降の難易度でボス敵に特性が付与されないよう調整しました

My translation:
Fixed bug misrepresenting player map coordinates after continuing from a game-over which occurred when the player was transitioning between stages.
Enemy effect (Max HP+) and its variants adjusted. (Nerfed, it took ages killing HP+++ on Nightmare even with a melee build. Now caster builds in early stages of Hell have a chance without relying on potion spam.)
Enemy effect (Atk/Matk+) and its variants adjusted. (Hopefully no more 1-hit kills even against melee builds)
Enemy "Lich" strength of some skills adjusted. (almost certainly the elemental projectiles)
Enemy "Ancient Castle Defender" strength of some skills adjusted. (The bloodswing and tornado skills, most likely)
Enemy "Ruins Defender" strength of some skills adjusted. (See above)
Legendary item "Phoenix feather" item properties adjusted. (It's now 70% chance for Phoenix skill to persist and 25% extra damage to the skill.)
Drop rates of "Epic" and "Legendary" equipment adjusted. (More likely to spawn.)
Item property "life steal" and "mana steal" effects adjusted. (Definitely a nerf, get this high enough and melee is a cakewalk even in Nightmare)
Player's elemental resistance maximum caps adjusted. (Raised to 75%. Verified in Hell difficulty)
All bosses from Nightmare onwards will not spawn with buffs. (E.g. No more Act 4 Nightmare boss monster with ATK/MATK+++.)

Last edited:

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So the difficulty is now really worse than before XD

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So the difficulty is now really worse than before XD
It's actually easier, although not by much. Players have a 1-2 seconds to react if rushed because the really scary enemy modifiers aren't as ridiculous as they were in the initial retail version.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
60+ hours and over 330 gameovers later, beat the final boss on hell mode.

Maximum item level is 65. Players should have a good idea of what properties will spawn on specific items. Because the developer kindly let everyone know where the save folder is, save scumming to get the perfect combination of item properties is strongly recommended if players don't want to grind for gold gems or lose their sanity doing so.

Very challenging even with the right gear and skills. There's always one combination of enemies that will screw anyone over if the RNG conspires against the player. It's still satisfying clearing the game, especially on a caster despite the slow and deliberate playstyle it encourages.

Looking forward to whatever Lunasoft comes up with next.

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just in case you guys don't know (because I didn't)
in the gear workshop Mi Mi can convert 5 white dots (scrap parts) to 1 blue---
5 blue to 1purple--and most important 5 purple to 1 gold.
so you don't have to watl for a legendary item to drop for you to scrap it to upgrade your current
legendary gear.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Online backup of my game progress.
Directory: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocalLow\LunaSoft\Magic and Slash\ where <Username> is whatever the forum user names the account as.

Both characters have maxed out on levels and have gear at item 63 minimum. Bar the last part of Hell Act 4, skill and item configuration should be enough to breeze through the game within an hour or two.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.