What's new

[WIP - Full] Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters

Reputation score
Welcome to the translation thread for Mission Mermaiden!

To get the boring stuff out of the way first,
Game Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/mission-me...a-sisters-misshonmaameiden-hasumito-no.12651/
Download Link:

This is a translation patch for Mission Mermaiden. It was made for use with the DLSite trial, using the XUnity AutoTranslator to insert text. It is NOT a machine translation. It currently covers the majority of the demo, barring the H-Scenes.

Mission Mermaiden English Patch v0.1

Included in this archive is all the files you need to patch and play the trial version of Mission Mermaiden in English.

1. Compatibility
2. Installation Instructions
3. Translated Content
4. Known Issues
5. Regarding AutoTranslator
6. Credits

===1. Compatibility===

This patch is tested to be compatible with the DLsite demo of Mission Mermaiden. It has not been tested, and may not work as intended, with Ci-En trials or the full version of the game. You are welcome to try, but I have no idea how the patch, or the game, will react. You have been warned.

Save Data for this game is held outside the game directory. As such, if you have multiple copies of the game installed, your Save Data will be shared between them. This raises two important things to be cautious about:

1- Any time you save your game in ANY version, it will overwrite the data for ALL versions. Of course, any version is also able to load data from any other version as well.

2- If you have a future version of the game installed elsewhere (ie a Ci-En demo or the Full Version), you will potentially see save data from parts of the game that don't exist yet in this version. These can be loaded fine, but if you attempt to play content that doesn't exist in this version, your game will lock up. As such, you should not try to play any stages after Stage 2-1, nor should you try to activate any side-effects that come from those stages.

This patch has not been tested with any mods applied, including the difficulty mod. Once again, you are welcome to try, but I can't guarantee any success.

===2. Installation Instructions===

To install the English Patch, follow the following steps:

1- Extract all files into the game's main directory
This should include the folder AutoTranslator (and its contents) and the file SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe

2- Run SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe. You should get a command prompt window that makes a few more files in the game directory. Close when prompted.

3- Run MissionMermaiden (Patch and Run).lnk
This will open the game after patching the EXE.

4- In the future, run MissionMermaiden.exe (the original exe, which has now been patched) whenever you want to play.

===3. Translated Content===

The following content has been translated:
-Story dialogues, up until the end of Stage 2-1
-Base dialogues, up until the end of Stage 2-1
-Menus and Shops
-Item descriptions
-Status Effect names

The following content has NOT been translated:
-Plant scenes at the base
-H Scenes for Stage 1-Boss
-Status Effect descriptions*
-Any images

===4. Known Issues===

1-There is currently a bug with the Status Effect menu. While the English Patch is active, the descriptions for Status Effects do not display in the menu when selected. I do not know why this is, nor do I have the technical skill to troubleshoot it. Unless some kind savior comes to figure it out for us, assume this is a bug that will not be fixed.

If it remains unresolved until the release of the full patch, the full content of the Status Effect menu will be provided in a separate file for your viewing pleasure.

2- I've currently used an incredibly janky solution for making one of the Status Effects display properly in the Bad State Machine. This may cause it to jump out of the Status Effect window during gameplay. I will be attempting to remedy this in the future, but no guarantees.

===5. Regarding AutoTranslator===

This patch uses the XUnity AutoTranslator to insert text.

This is a Unity plugin that automatically runs text for the game through an Internet Translation Service, and replaces the in-game text with the result.

That being said, this patch is NOT a Machine Translation. The Plugin is used solely to insert the text into the game. As such, the AutoTranslate feature of the plugin has been TURNED OFF. Thus, if you find any Japanese text in the game, it will remain in Japanese, instead of spitting out a Machine Translation for you.

Out of principle, I highly recommend you DO NOT use the Machine Translate function. If you wish to do so anyways, use the following steps to re-enable it.

1. Open the (patched) game.
2. Press Alt+0 (alt+zero) on the main game screen. (Title menu works)
3. Under "Select a Translator," choose your translator of choice.
4. Close the AutoTranslator menu.
5. Press Alt+R to reload the plugin.

===6. Credits===

This patch uses the XUnity AutoTranslator (with ReiPatcher) to insert text. It is redistributed with permission.

For more information, including technical support for the plugin, please look at:

For questions regarding the contents of the patch or its future development, or if you'd like to report text in the game that isn't translated that you believe should be, please see the Mission Mermaiden Translation thread on the ULMF.org forums.

As far as future development is concerned, that will depend on a number of things.
First and foremost, I do plan on finishing the remainder of the demo that I can (ie, the base plant H-Scene and the Stage 1-Boss H-Scenes). These will be released once they are ready.
Regarding image translations, these are things that are theoretically possible, and I have successfully managed to replace in-game images. However, I have zero skill in image editing, so producing the translated copies of those images will be somewhat challenging.
I am not especially keen on the idea of translating the Ci-En demos. Firstly because I don't have access to them, and secondly because I don't feel like updating every month. If the release of the full game is significantly delayed, I may consider changing my stance on this, but for now, don't expect any updates until the full the game is released.
I do plan on making a full patch for the game once the Full Version hits. I cannot estimate how long this will take, as it is a factor of how much free time I have to work on it as much as it is of how much content there is to translate.

If there are any issues with the patch (weird behavior, missing translations, etc), or if you have any questions, please feel free to post here. I have done what I can to make it work smoothly, but I am no expert at using Unity or the AutoTranslator plugin. Regardless, I will do what I can to help you should they arise.

EDIT: I have created a bit of a booster shot for the patch. It should make the main game a bit more accessible until I actually get around to making a real patch for it. It can be acquired here: https://ulmf.org/threads/mission-mermaiden-hasumi-and-the-deep-sea-sisters.13754/page-2#post-1116337

Last edited:

phantasmx

Lurker
Reputation score
There is currently a bug with the Status Effect menu. While the English Patch is active, the descriptions for Status Effects do not display in the menu when selected.
If you leave Status Effect names untranslated, the descriptions will show. I believe that's because the game populates descriptions by names instead of IDs, so when the name is changed, it no longer can find the description. To display them both it will be needed to change this behavior. Maybe @Mc Swagger can have some insight into this?

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you leave Status Effect names untranslated, the descriptions will show. I believe that's because the game populates descriptions by names instead of IDs, so when the name is changed, it no longer can find the description. To display them both it will be needed to change this behavior. Maybe @Mc Swagger can have some insight into this?
I didnt look into the menu for my mod because I didnt need to. But I think that your explanation seems quite likely. To be honest, the whole data structure for reading and writing status(es(?)) is in a bad shape and needs to be redone in order to work flawlessly. Hard coding the status names and not checking for the id fits into the picture of what I saw in the code ;)
I will look into it when I have some spare time!
@IShallRemainNameless keep up the great work!

Oir

Reputation score
Oh wow, loved this dev's other games which were also lucky enough to have received translations!
Super happy that you're putting your time into translating this game! It looks like it'll be another good one!

No need for anybody to tell you this but burnout's a thing so take it at your own pace and take lots of breaks :)

I've heard many say that doing multiple translation projects at a time and swapping between them helps to keep things fresh and helps mitigate burnout.
Just parroting what I've heard but could be something to look into if it ever comes up!

Thanks again so much! Must be a huge time sink to do this.

OP
IShallRemainNameless
Reputation score
I figured it was something like that, but that would be well beyond my ability to fix, so I didn't dig much deeper other than to find out that it doesn't work. I figured people would rather know what the status effects were as they got them, rather than have to open the menu and check every time, but I suppose that's a possible solution as well. It would make the entire Bad State Machine in Japanese though, which might not be a worthwhile trade.

Of course, if McSwagger finds a way to fix it, then it's all moot, so let's hope it's a decision we don't have to make lol.

FeranRafale

Reputation score
Oh wow, loved this dev's other games which were also lucky enough to have received translations!
Do you happen to know where I can find a translation for the first one? I mean.

Oir

Reputation score
Do you happen to know where I can find a translation for the first one? I mean.
Sorry, I mis-spoke, I was talking about their second game. I don't think there's an English Translation for their first game D:
Sorry to get your hopes up

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey ho! I fixed the Bug mentioned above:

file/61xj1jl1rzvvbug/TranslationBugFixVer0.zip/file

The status effects are now shown in the menu. The descriptions are not translated yet, but I think that should be no problem for @IShallRemainNameless now. Let me know if the fix works a intended

Edit: Note that the fix will only work for the public ci-en demo from december 2019. This version is not available anymore!

Last edited:

phantasmx

Lurker
Reputation score

The status effects are now shown in the menu. The descriptions are not translated yet, but I think that should be no problem for @IShallRemainNameless now. Let me know if the fix works a intended
It works with DLSite trial, thank you!

OP
IShallRemainNameless
Reputation score

Beautiful. Both Japanese and English text are displaying great. I'll see if I can't whip up an update to the translation file in the next few days.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

NetherRemains

Reputation score
I'm having an issue with the file. I downloaded the patch, applied it, and also applied the patch to display the descriptions and it seems the game won't even load anymore.

And yes, I'm using the DLsite version of the trial.

*Edit: I tried it again with just the normal English patch so it seems that the bug fix for the status effect description displays is what causes the game to crash. I don't know how to correct this as I've tried applying the patch both before and after the game was already patched

Last edited:

Mc Swagger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After some research I think I found out what went wrong... There were two demo versions:
1) from october 2019
2) from december 2019
Sadly the version from december (which is the version I did the fix for) was taken down. Maybe this is because the ci-en support plan has ended, but Im not sure of this

That means you ll have to wait for the full release, since there is no point in patching an 8 month old demo, when the release is nearly upon us ;)

Edit: @phantasm2x was seconds faster than me XD

NetherRemains

Reputation score
Can't wait to see how the translation effort goes now that full game has been released! Good luck to all!

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
As a guy who bought the ci-en's last 500 yen demo, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed there isn't that much more content after that.

From where I left off there's about two extra levels, one new normal enemy, and two bosses but only one of which has a scene.
There seems to be another boss enemy in the gallery... but I'm unsure as to how you get to it.

So I have to ask... why doesn't the little mermaid sister have any unique in-game scenes?
Edit: Sorry, didn't pay attention and posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
As a guy who bought the ci-en's last 500 yen demo, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed there isn't that much more content after that.

From where I left off there's about two extra levels, one new normal enemy, and two bosses but only one of which has a scene.
There seems to be another boss enemy in the gallery... but I'm unsure as to how you get to it.

So I have to ask... why doesn't the little mermaid sister have any unique in-game scenes?
The "Final" boss can be encountered if you collect all the fragment from the previous level

I_Lewd_Foxgirls

Reputation score
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I found a bug when you buy something from the shop you don't get anything