What's new

R

Ryka

Re: MoGi:Origins - Public Demo Updated

Screwattack can learn from you. They set release dates on their episodes, then they run into technical difficulties and have to delay it. Worse, they delay it for the advantage members..... then delay it by 24 hours extra for regular members.

There really should be more indefinite release dates for everything, just to work out bugs and eliminate making technical difficulties being apparent or announced.

chibataue

Cthulhu
Reputation score

well, i'm tired to wait for this game, so, i just come to this topic to see the posts, i don't have any more "excitement" on the release of this game, it's the same drama of "Fleeing" game.

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Screwattack can learn from you. They set release dates on their episodes, then they run into technical difficulties and have to delay it. Worse, they delay it for the advantage members..... then delay it by 24 hours extra for regular members.

There really should be more indefinite release dates for everything, just to work out bugs and eliminate making technical difficulties being apparent or announced.
Yeah. This game is one of our first games so we took as much advice from as many indie developers as we could with the 1.5x expectancy thing, but considering it's our first actually large hentai game, especially considering the size of the hentai content, we decided not to give a time. There's... too many variables to account for. EC actually mentioned development times recently which made me pretty happy.

well, i'm tired to wait for this game, so, i just come to this topic to see the posts, i don't have any more "excitement" on the release of this game, it's the same drama of "Fleeing" game.
I wonder if it's the same. I know for a fact, I'm replying whenever anyone asks me anything, and our blog has never gone more than 2 months w/o an update. People don't actually worry about whether we're dead or not XD

TBH, I'm not very happy with our speed myself. Game Development isn't just sitting and programming while waiting for new art to come in.
  • There's legal stuff to handle which has honestly been a HUGE hindrance.
  • We've had some serious paypal issues that we opted not to complain about as well as some problems with dropbox to handle.
  • Veins and I live in different timezones so we don't have as much time to work together as we could. (Greece - America).
I honestly don't like bringing this kind of stuff up because we have the explicit trust of so many people. This game really did turn into a monster of a game though. I assure you, we're working diligently though.

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

It is taking a bit of a while, and from what I've seen so far... I was way more excited about it before most of these developments came out.

I probably expected much more that was ever possible by you and your team.

There is still a lot to look forward to, I guess my biggest turn off is the main character himself. When other characters are introduced, and more mogi appear, maybe I'll get excited about it again.

Progress has been slow, but there's been progress, can't complain about that. If my $30 seriously helped one of you guys in any way shape or form, (hopefully you didn't use it for stripper tips) I'm glad I did it. Still dig the artwork, I'm PISSED that I didn't go for the card game, and while Oak (to me) was a huge let down, there seem to be other colossal type mogi who may have interesting scenes.

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It is taking a bit of a while, and from what I've seen so far... I was way more excited about it before most of these developments came out.

I probably expected much more that was ever possible by you and your team.

There is still a lot to look forward to, I guess my biggest turn off is the main character himself. When other characters are introduced, and more mogi appear, maybe I'll get excited about it again.

Progress has been slow, but there's been progress, can't complain about that. If my $30 seriously helped one of you guys in any way shape or form, (hopefully you didn't use it for stripper tips) I'm glad I did it. Still dig the artwork, I'm PISSED that I didn't go for the card game, and while Oak (to me) was a huge let down, there seem to be other colossal type mogi who may have interesting scenes.
Yes. Yes it did, and we didn't use it for stripper tips.

Oak was a letdown... hmmmm... well.... There are 2 camps for this game when it comes to the adult stuff anyway. Some people want more like Oak(Actual sex - my camp) while others want more foreplay. We're actually working on some foreplay MoGi at the moment.

You don't like Voms eh. I've actually approached people who've said this before and everyone has too many expectations from him. He should be more outgoing, he should talk more (well, the game'll eventually have to be translated, there's a fast system in place for this XD), he should talk less (yes we've heard that...), he should be super strong and confident almost to the point of arrogance.

I think everyone wants to self-insert, so the only way to keep people happy is by keeping him a bit on the average side. To be honest, I like writing, and I don't like the limitations I'm forced to follow for myself when it comes to plot, so I'm definitely going to characterize him. There'll be stuff he gets through with only conversation. He thinks uniquely and will take initiative to make some things happen.

There hasn't been many opportunities to develop him... He just got to plot city in the beta.

R

Ryka

I like Voms. He is not afraid to be subtle. A humble hero is my favorite hero. But his name reminds me of something else with "vom" as its first letters.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

good news this is still alive there has been a new bost:

actuali 2:
(or maybe this one was already mentioned duno):confused:

anyway they are on facebook now and making progress on the game:rolleyes:

youst saying:)
(i wait till i get something for my 12 bugs no matter what)

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah. This delay is mostly my fault. We've gotten a few statements about graphical glitches on some lower end PCs. We can't ignore these statements because the demo ran fine for them and because we want as many people to be able to run this game without problems as possible. When they played the beta, which had more resources, they ran across problems.

This is an innate GM problem with resource unpacking so, a huge shift needed to be made to the core of the engine... namely making the adult scenes external resources.

Because the adult scenes are external a new system for encrypting / decrypting the files needed to be programmed and I had to look into as many different options so that the game doesn't "feel" any different because of these changes (video etc).

This coupled with some personal issues has been the source for the major stall.

To be honest, I've felt I've been close to completing all of this work every day for a while :)mad:). We made this post today because I'm practically done.

Jeszael

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah. This delay is mostly my fault. We've gotten a few statements about graphical glitches on some lower end PCs. We can't ignore these statements because the demo ran fine for them and because we want as many people to be able to run this game without problems as possible. When they played the beta, which had more resources, they ran across problems.

This is an innate GM problem with resource unpacking so, a huge shift needed to be made to the core of the engine... namely making the adult scenes external resources.

Because the adult scenes are external a new system for encrypting / decrypting the files needed to be programmed and I had to look into as many different options so that the game doesn't "feel" any different because of these changes (video etc).

This coupled with some personal issues has been the source for the major stall.

To be honest, I've felt I've been close to completing all of this work every day for a while :)mad:). We made this post today because I'm practically done.
Great, can't wait to buy your game, even if it might still take another year or so :p

Is it possible to get a walkthrough/guide btw? I stopped playing the Demo because I could not figure out where to go... I think that the level design is fine generally but sometimes I got stuck for a few minutes and to be honest it is not something I expect in a H-Game. Don't know if you had other people tell you this, maybe I'm just more stupid and impatient than others :D

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Great, can't wait to buy your game, even if it might still take another year or so :p

Is it possible to get a walkthrough/guide btw? I stopped playing the Demo because I could not figure out where to go... I think that the level design is fine generally but sometimes I got stuck for a few minutes and to be honest it is not something I expect in a H-Game. Don't know if you had other people tell you this, maybe I'm just more stupid and impatient than others :D
That's weird... the map tells you where to go when you have a special item. It's the reason we added the map to the game in the first place.

Even though it's an h-game, we're putting our hearts into the game so we want there to be a sense of discovery in the game. Discovering new girls, new regions, plot, and overcoming puzzles.

There will definitely be a walkthrough made when the game is finished. It was one of the pledges in OB.

Xynox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have idea where to use key? Im wondering all over the maps and it seems it is usless

shruikaan

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm tryinf the demo, and the game is blocked during the farm attack scene (when Something comes behind the farmer). I'm playing on a netbook, And up To That point the only Problem was the long loading time when I start the game.

TheThingNotThinkingAtAll

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wait what? Is this finally getting close to finishing? Oh man I haven't played this a long while. Glad to see it wasn't dead.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

Wait what? Is this finally getting close to finishing? Oh man I haven't played this a long while. Glad to see it wasn't dead.
nha relax it's still not even half of what they're planning,:(
(and they are working really slow)

the questions above are about the demo release long time ago,

Anyone have idea where to use key? Im wondering all over the maps and it seems it is usless
search for a map with 2 big buildings (with closed doors),
on the roff of the smaller one is a window use the key there,

chibataue

Cthulhu
Reputation score

can anyone help me?
i have some problems about the size of the game window. so, have any way to reduce the size? (like 800x600) or something like that?
tx so much. :D

protoblues

Reputation score

Hey, is there any way to still join the beta? I just found out about this game today, and I want to support it as well as get a little more content. I checked tge offbeatr, but it seemed that I could not donate.

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

can anyone help me?
i have some problems about the size of the game window. so, have any way to reduce the size? (like 800x600) or something like that?
tx so much. :D
yes there is always a way!
Im not native english but ill to explain how it works
If you dont want full screen this helps already: start the game and hold "alt"+"enter"
or
i guess that you use windows7, right click on the exe of the game
->properties
->compatibility
then there are boxes below "setting", click the box which says "execute in 640x480 display resolution"
this should be close enough :D

edit: i tried it out and the game ignores the setting, normally you could "-width=800 -height=600" to a link of the game but for some reason it doesnt work either. I hope the windowed solution helps at least ^^

Last edited:

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well I've beaten the demo, I think. I've made it to an underground cave-like area and I can't seem to make progress, so I have to assume this is as far as it goes. Bit of a shame, as I was expecting a boss of some sort. Dunno why though.

Daemon McRae

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There is a boss-ish, but the demo ends before the fight starts. There's just some dialogue with her and then a "Thanks for Playing".

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Where do you find her?