What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Would be nice if price of skills in shops was shown without having to hover over the specific skill.
Is there any way to see how far along I'm in an adventure? Sure it's relatively easy to just remember it but it'd still be nice to be able to check it.
I'm assuming that points you get from levels are fixed but might be worth mentioning the pattern you get them in somewhere.
How do I sell stuff?

Slime's Gooey grapple says "flings herself at you and begins to cover him with slime!" the him should probably be you.

Any kind of sounds and music would be nice, surely there's some free to use music that'd be fitting or you could use a music generator like abundant-music.com even if it's not super good it'd be better than nothing.

When struggling I've gotten a few an exceptions.
Yeah the current UI is not the greatest.

No there is currently no way to check, do you mean random exploration and quests, the dungeon/mountain adventures, or both? But either way, adding a progress track isn't a bad idea.

I should probably add an explanation of the leveling details to Elena's game information talk.

There's a sell button in the shops ui that switches to your inventory where you can sell your stuff.

Some of the combat dialogue still has some hiccups. I shall fix that.

Music and sound effects are something I've been thinking about for a while.
This music generator thing is actually pretty neat.

Darn minor typos in text functions breaking stuff. Thank you for the error logs! Will make hunting the issues down much easier.

Yuhan

Reputation score
Hey,

I made an account specifically to compliment you on your work.

The game is well written and complex but not overbearingly so.
While clearly still in Alpha (Typo's, Crashes, Bugs etc) I thoroughly enjoyed it, and not even for the lewds but exploring is fun too!
The jokes and humorous and the parody's are ironic.

You did an amazing job and I hope you will continue with the game and add more content.

If you'd have a Patreon I'd sub to it straight away.

Edit: IM AN IDIOT ITS RIGHT THERE. Sorry!! I must have glanced over it a dozen times and never internalised it... Make it bigger.

Last edited:

Mauno

Reputation score
Did you see the bottom of first post? There's a .

There's a sell button in the shops ui that switches to your inventory where you can sell your stuff.
It being grey must have made my eyes gloss over it.

Having tooltips for skills you can't use with an explanation for why you can't use it would be nice.

Kind of minor but is using the word stockade when you meet Mika in the forest dungeon correct? Based on rest of the text I'd assume pillory or just stocks is the word you want Or is there another meaning for the word not covered by any dictionaries I could find?

I beat a lizard girl by doing meditate, reduce arousal and teleport which seems super weird since none of them should raise arousal, attached saves before and after doing that I was able to get it to happen again even without having a reason to use teleport.

Also it's probably not that interesting but I'm currently streaming myself playing the game .

Attachments

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I beat a lizard girl by doing meditate, reduce arousal and teleport which seems super weird since none of them should raise arousal, attached saves before and after doing that I was able to get it to happen again even without having a reason to use teleport.
There's a thing with the game where if enemies do attacks that damage themselves as well as you (namely every sex or anal attack) and you use even a non-damaging move, those can cause enemies to orgasm if the recoil damage makes them go above their arousal limit. Or at least that's how it used to be several versions ago, there's a possibility that that issue can't be fixed.

Mauno

Reputation score
There's a thing with the game where if enemies do attacks that damage themselves as well as you (namely every sex or anal attack) and you use even a non-damaging move, those can cause enemies to orgasm if the recoil damage makes them go above their arousal limit. Or at least that's how it used to be several versions ago, there's a possibility that that issue can't be fixed.
Surely the recoil damage can be adjusted so that cleanse + teleport or whatever's causing it can't cause insane level of it(over 200 when highest I can deal is around 100). Also since some enemies report how much recoil they get I assumed they get nothing when it's not reported. But since there were some situations where there probably should be recoil but none was reported I guess I assumed wrong.

Super minor but if you buy out the only item on a 2nd page of shop you become unable to go back to the 1st page without exiting the page.

Bestiary with exp and gold values and stats would be nice.

Is there a limit to length of message history? I wish it was a lot longer and easier to scroll and have smaller font.

Having a will check or something more to do when you find bag mimic might be nice.

Is the strength of magical binding based on willpower, power or is it fixed?
Without knowing exactly how much buffs help it's hard to judge if they're worth it. So far I'm feeling like they don't do much.

Anyway I think I have yet to mention how much I love the fact that this game exists, many Japanese game end up feeling so linear and story focused that they are almost begging for someone to make a more free-form version of them.

Last edited:

Mauno

Reputation score
Is breast nuzzle not considered a breast attack? It's not triggering Minotaur's weakpoint.
Also Camilla doesn't behave like a sleeping person when she's preventing me from getting out of titfuck position. Should sleeping people even be able to normally prevent getting out of positions?

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey,

I made an account specifically to compliment you on your work.

The game is well written and complex but not overbearingly so.
While clearly still in Alpha (Typo's, Crashes, Bugs etc) I thoroughly enjoyed it, and not even for the lewds but exploring is fun too!
The jokes and humorous and the parody's are ironic.

You did an amazing job and I hope you will continue with the game and add more content.

Edit: IM AN IDIOT ITS RIGHT THERE. Sorry!! I must have glanced over it a dozen times and never internalised it... Make it bigger.
I wish that bugs didn't happen.

Should probably redesign the front post slightly...

Surely the recoil damage can be adjusted so that cleanse + teleport or whatever's causing it can't cause insane level of it(over 200 when highest I can deal is around 100). Also since some enemies report how much recoil they get I assumed they get nothing when it's not reported. But since there were some situations where there probably should be recoil but none was reported I guess I assumed wrong.

Super minor but if you buy out the only item on a 2nd page of shop you become unable to go back to the 1st page without exiting the page.

Bestiary with exp and gold values and stats would be nice.

Is there a limit to length of message history? I wish it was a lot longer and easier to scroll and have smaller font.

Having a will check or something more to do when you find bag mimic might be nice.

Is the strength of magical binding based on willpower, power or is it fixed?
Without knowing exactly how much buffs help it's hard to judge if they're worth it. So far I'm feeling like they don't do much.

Anyway I think I have yet to mention how much I love the fact that this game exists, many Japanese game end up feeling so linear and story focused that they are almost begging for someone to make a more free-form version of them.
For the recoil thing, she probably is going over her arousal limit before hand, then the game checks to see if she orgass when you use teleport of another self hit skill, and because it passes she orgasms.
I should probably change that so that doesn't happen.

A place to look through the monsters and see gold, exp, drops and lore is something I would like to add, eventually. Will not be soon.

I think I shrank the message history and forgot to unshrink it when I was hunting down a memory issue...

Strengths of restraints currently do not scale with stats. Not sure if doing so would sky rocket them to broken as hell or not though,

Is breast nuzzle not considered a breast attack? It's not triggering Minotaur's weakpoint.
Also Camilla doesn't behave like a sleeping person when she's preventing me from getting out of titfuck position. Should sleeping people even be able to normally prevent getting out of positions?
Breast nuzzle is a breast and seduction skill, might remove the seduction tag, minotaur is resistant to that, so it's averaging the two resistances. So it isn't currently a skill strong on her. Even though I meant it to be...
Sleeping, stunned and restrained should probably give you a free pas on getting out of stances.

Mauno

Reputation score
For the recoil thing, she probably is going over her arousal limit before hand, then the game checks to see if she orgass when you use teleport of another self hit skill, and because it passes she orgasms.
Maybe but all she did was 3 handjobs and 1 pin so I'm not sure how she maxed out from just that.
Anyway here's the log of the battle:
MonsterGirlDreamsWeirdness1.png

MonsterGirlDreamsWeirdness2.png
MonsterGirlDreamsWeirdness3.png

Also what are the rules for when you can't cast magical binding? Does it require a free mouth? If so I guess that'd explain why face sitting disables when I recall it not being disabled when in some position with at least 2 imps.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, I'm definitely going to look into that lizard girl issue thing, cause that's hecking weird.

Magical binding is currently only disabled via face sitting... Not entirely sure why it's just that... Damn me in the past...

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Also, in those screenshots, the word is spelled "completely"

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Also, in those screenshots, the word is spelled "completely"
I got it down for him. I've been doing a fair bit of editing from time to time, and I didn't even realize that there were lines of dialogue within the game code itself (which is where that little bit game from). Live and learn, I suppose.

Yuhan

Reputation score
So what's the deal with Stella anyway?

Is she just there for 1 scene or can youinteract with her some other way?

Also, some skills don't show up in the menu? For example Multithrust.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So what's the deal with Stella anyway?

Is she just there for 1 scene or can youinteract with her some other way?

Also, some skills don't show up in the menu? For example Multithrust.
She currently has the one scene, for now.

Multithrust should show up once you are having sex with someone.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have a lore question. Do monsters worship the Demon Queen or they can have some culture/race specific religions and gods/goddesses?
Still trying to finish that mod and decided to add some talk scenes to make it more wholesome, and don't want to go against game canon accidentally.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have a lore question. Do monsters worship the Demon Queen or they can have some culture/race specific religions and gods/goddesses?
Still trying to finish that mod and decided to add some talk scenes to make it more wholesome, and don't want to go against game canon accidentally.
Culture/race specific religions and gods/goddesses. With one more widely worshiped.
I won't really be touching the subject in game for a while, so I figured I should answer without giving too much away.

Demon Queen is more of a defacto leader.

Satou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I really enjoy the writing, especially how it incorporates temptation and seduction into choices you make (e.g mimic, Nara, Succubus Inn).

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is it possible to change an event's progress from a combat victory scene? Since GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEquals and GetEventAndChangeProgress are only accessible from event scenes, I don't think I have any way of doing that.

Basically I want the relationship with girl to progress after you defeated her in a certain stance and saw the related victory scene.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is it possible to change an event's progress from a combat victory scene? Since GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEquals and GetEventAndChangeProgress are only accessible from event scenes, I don't think I have any way of doing that.

Basically I want the relationship with girl to progress after you defeated her in a certain stance and saw the related victory scene.
GetEventAndChangeProgress will work in loss and victory scenes. It's used in kyra's victory scenes.

Did I put it in the wrong section in the mod guide?
I should probably go over that again and make sure it's all in order.

Unless it's not actually working, then that's a different issue.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
GetEventAndChangeProgress will work in loss and victory scenes. It's used in kyra's victory scenes.

Did I put it in the wrong section in the mod guide?
I should probably go over that again and make sure it's all in order.

Unless it's not actually working, then that's a different issue.
They're under the 'event only' section in the mod guide, yes.

As GetEventAndChangeProgress would increment the progression every time you beat the girl, I wanted to use GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEquals so increment would happen only once, but it gave me an error, something about 'player' having no loss scene? Let me see if I can reproduce the message, already changed my files.

Either way, I am not really sure how GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEquals works. Which scenes can I call with it? Say I have a monstergirl.json, which is a monster file and monstergirlEvent.json, which is an event file for the girl. Should GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEquals called in monstergirl.json victory scene allow me to jump to any scene from the monstergirlEvent.json?

Edit: attached a traceback file from trying GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEquals if it's any help.

Attachments

Last edited: