What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The change another events progress one should for sure work everywhere, so I'll move that.

"GetAnEventsProgressThenIfEqualsOrGreater",
"NameOfEventYourChecking",
"1", <number it needs to be equal to or greater
"BarWorkerIntro", <Name of scene in current event you're in you want to go to if it passes.

I'm pretty sure you got it right, but it seems searching through an enemies scenes doesn't work currently if you're the winner. It currently it only looks through the lossScenes, and because player was the last one that attacked before the end of combat it's trying to look through the players

I'll have to add support for it to search for the victory scenes in the next version.

After that it should work fine as the generic lizard girl does somthing similar with her loss scenes.

Best work around currently would be to jump to an event to do the stuff.

I should really add the ability to jump to a specific scene in an event...

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Double post for v15.

Only one new chunk of content.

Rest of it is all tune ups, preperations, and such. Also new UI.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, I am mostly done with my mod, it took much longer than I expected.

This adds a new event 'Unusual Elf' to the mountain, available after you reach the mountain temple and beat Nara.
I tried to make it into a hopefully fun gimmick fight, balanced for lv18 or so. Try not to spoil the gimmick for other players.
Following the game's theme, the content is mostly femdom, though I feel it might be a tad bit more fetishy than the rest of the game. A good chunk of content requires you to beat her once(she even has two victory scenes), so don't go losing all the time :D

This was tested for v15, but should be working just fine in future versions. All relevant info is included with the mod's readme and installation files.

I couldn't playtest it properly because new Nara is so stronk, only managed to beat her with a technique-focused char, so the mod encounter might be unbalanced for different playstyles.
You will likely encounter bugs/typos, drop me a PM so we don't shit up the thread too much, I'll release a fixed version some time later.

Known issue: some of her skills have very low chance of firing, so if you really want to have your butt played with, read all about it in the json files until I can fix that...

Have fun, tell me if you like it and consider making your own mods, this game definitely deserves some love! I suggest starting with generic enemies, making a full event might be overwhelming at first(I know I regretted it half way through!).

P.S. @Threshold great additions man, JumpToEventThenScene worked like a charm for me, though my event logic is very choppy and probably could be done better. How do monsters decide which skills to use? I know that the skill itself is definitely fine, she successfully uses it if I remove all other skills, but during normal fight she only focuses on other attacks.
P.P.S. to potential modders: the game's current version addresses all issues I encountered while making the mod events and stuff, so no reason to hold back anymore, go for it. You can definitely make some pretty complex stuff.

Attachments

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
That new ui is pretty sex. That Mika art is also pretty good. I did find the combat menu a bit disarming, since I'm so used to the other style. Still, it's not an issue so much as it is something new to get used to. I do like it, though. What inspired you to change the ui btw?

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, I am mostly done with my mod, it took much longer than I expected.

This adds a new event 'Unusual Elf' to the mountain, available after you reach the mountain temple and beat Nara.
I tried to make it into a hopefully fun gimmick fight, balanced for lv18 or so. Try not to spoil the gimmick for other players.
Following the game's theme, the content is mostly femdom, though I feel it might be a tad bit more fetishy than the rest of the game. A good chunk of content requires you to beat her once(she even has two victory scenes), so don't go losing all the time :D

This was tested for v15, but should be working just fine in future versions. All relevant info is included with the mod's readme and installation files.

I couldn't playtest it properly because new Nara is so stronk, only managed to beat her with a technique-focused char, so the mod encounter might be unbalanced for different playstyles.
You will likely encounter bugs/typos, drop me a PM so we don't shit up the thread too much, I'll release a fixed version some time later.

Known issue: some of her skills have very low chance of firing, so if you really want to have your butt played with, read all about it in the json files until I can fix that...

Have fun, tell me if you like it and consider making your own mods, this game definitely deserves some love! I suggest starting with generic enemies, making a full event might be overwhelming at first(I know I regretted it half way through!).

P.S. @Threshold great additions man, JumpToEventThenScene worked like a charm for me, though my event logic is very choppy and probably could be done better. How do monsters decide which skills to use? I know that the skill itself is definitely fine, she successfully uses it if I remove all other skills, but during normal fight she only focuses on other attacks.
P.P.S. to potential modders: the game's current version addresses all issues I encountered while making the mod events and stuff, so no reason to hold back anymore, go for it. You can definitely make some pretty complex stuff.
I'll definitely have to check out what you made.

Monster will pick a skill that's available to them at the time at random, but once in a stance they have a higher chance of picking a skill that uses that stance, or multiple stances.
I'm sure at some point I'll have to tune up the AI or something because it can be a little spam happy with some skills for literally no reason, despite it being random.
You can slightly skew it in a skills favor if you put multiple instances of that skill in the skill list. Don't actually know how effective it works.

If anyone modding the game has issues, let me know so I can try to make the process easier, cause I won't always think of stuff people need/want for features. Or it's on my list but not a priority.
Eg I probably wouldn't have though of how annoying it was to constantly re add your mod into the game's lists every time it updated without someone mentioning it.

That new ui is pretty sex. That Mika art is also pretty good. I did find the combat menu a bit disarming, since I'm so used to the other style. Still, it's not an issue so much as it is something new to get used to. I do like it, though. What inspired you to change the ui btw?
Combat menu is a pretty jarring change, it also probably still needs some adjustments. Like I want to make it so if you miss a click on a text button it doesn't immediately close all the ones you did click.

Shivan Hunter posted a UI mod a few pages back on this forum, so I contacted him to work out an actual update to the UI. Otherwise the UI would have been the original one for a long time. And that UI while functional, had some problems.

Mauno

Reputation score
I won't always think of stuff people need/want for features
If I were to make a mod for this I'd probably want to change where you teleport whenever you lose, no idea if doing that is currently doable though and considering there are tons of other things I'm working on and I feel like I should see all of the current content before I'd start modding means I might never get around to doing it.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Combat menu is a pretty jarring change, it also probably still needs some adjustments. Like I want to make it so if you miss a click on a text button it doesn't immediately close all the ones you did click..
Yeah, the UI was a bit weird combat-wise. I don't mind it, but I kind of preferred the old style in terms of keeping what thing you want focus (ass, breasts, etc) separate. This one clumps them in a menu, and then opens a sub menu which kind of ensures miss-clicks can futz your entire game-plan. Also, wasn't a big fan of the mountain delivery scene. It's not bad, but not my idea of how the scene would play out, either.

Anyways, this just seems like an under-the-hood update with a teaser, which is good. I like to know the game is given focus on stuff that the player doesn't usually see. I'm curious, though, when you're thinking the next update will drop? This one came just over two weeks after the previous, so is that more/less your timeline between updates?

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If I were to make a mod for this I'd probably want to change where you teleport whenever you lose, no idea if doing that is currently doable though and considering there are tons of other things I'm working on and I feel like I should see all of the current content before I'd start modding means I might never get around to doing it.
Depends where you want to teleport the player. But over all is doable.
If it's to a specific place in town, I might need to add in a specific function for that.
But if you want to go to say, have the player wake up in a monster girls lair, you could have a jumpToEvent take you to that event.

Yeah, the UI was a bit weird combat-wise. I don't mind it, but I kind of preferred the old style in terms of keeping what thing you want focus (ass, breasts, etc) separate. This one clumps them in a menu, and then opens a sub menu which kind of ensures miss-clicks can futz your entire game-plan. Also, wasn't a big fan of the mountain delivery scene. It's not bad, but not my idea of how the scene would play out, either.

Anyways, this just seems like an under-the-hood update with a teaser, which is good. I like to know the game is given focus on stuff that the player doesn't usually see. I'm curious, though, when you're thinking the next update will drop? This one came just over two weeks after the previous, so is that more/less your timeline between updates?
Very least I definitely want to stop the menu from going away from a missed click.
I'm sure the UI needs tuning in some other areas as well. Feedback on it is greatly appreciated.

I'm curious on what you disliked about the quest. Feel free to pm me about it.

I generally try for every two weeks, but some bigger updates, or my schedule going to butts, can push that to 3 or sometimes 4 weeks. I think the 4 week one has happend only once so far?
Though I really need to be less quiet about progress during the longer periods, it's just a bad habit I have.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Very least I definitely want to stop the menu from going away from a missed click.
I'm sure the UI needs tuning in some other areas as well. Feedback on it is greatly appreciated.
Aesthetically, it's beautiful. Functionally, aside the combat stuff being butts, it's fine.

I'm curious on what you disliked about the quest. Feel free to pm me about it.
Just the lack of
optional combat

I generally try for every two weeks, but some bigger updates, or my schedule going to butts, can push that to 3 or sometimes 4 weeks. I think the 4 week one has happend only once so far?
Though I really need to be less quiet about progress during the longer periods, it's just a bad habit I have.
I kind of figured that was the case. Not a major thing, since I'm gonna be busy soon, anyways. Just curious, more than anything.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You just have to be careful to not say far too much and have everything spoiled by the release date, It's a happy medium which can be somewhat of a pain to traverse. But I'm all on board for a little more progress reports, especially because it might attract new people to check out this pretty neat game (in my totally not biased opinion) as it's enjoying the limelight of being top of the Hentai games thread.

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Updates for this game always make me excited.
I'll check it out later when I have the time. It's really really cool to see this game continuously progress, even working with others for an improved UI.

Everything about this game is entirely solid. The writing is definitely one of the unique charms of this game. I can't thank you guys enough haha

Shivan Hunter

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, the UI was a bit weird combat-wise. I don't mind it, but I kind of preferred the old style in terms of keeping what thing you want focus (ass, breasts, etc) separate. This one clumps them in a menu, and then opens a sub menu which kind of ensures miss-clicks can futz your entire game-plan.
To clarify: by misclicks, do you mean you're aiming for a submenu like "Skills" but accidentally hit "Caress" (wasting the turn)? In that case it might be a good idea to separate the options that take immediate action (caress, defend, possibly push away/run depending on context) from the ones that open submenus (skills/items/other). Just rearranging them in the list might work (since I think the main problem would be caress/skills), maybe add a bit of blank space between them.

I personally thought that misclicks were a bigger problem under the old system, where the same button locations were repurposed for caress/skills/etc, but also the skill categories, and also individual skills/items/etc. The main thing I was going for by switching it to a menu is that if your mouse was over an option, it never got changed to another option just because the screen rearranged itself under you.

Agreed, theguy1! The writing in this has a kind of adorable charm that you don't get too often in other games. Loved the new mountain event.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
To clarify: by misclicks, do you mean you're aiming for a submenu like "Skills" but accidentally hit "Caress" (wasting the turn)? In that case it might be a good idea to separate the options that take immediate action (caress, defend, possibly push away/run depending on context) from the ones that open submenus (skills/items/other). Just rearranging them in the list might work (since I think the main problem would be caress/skills), maybe add a bit of blank space between them.

I personally thought that misclicks were a bigger problem under the old system, where the same button locations were repurposed for caress/skills/etc, but also the skill categories, and also individual skills/items/etc. The main thing I was going for by switching it to a menu is that if your mouse was over an option, it never got changed to another option just because the screen rearranged itself under you.
The old system wasn't idiot-proof by any means, but it required the bare minimal in paying attention, too. This one is more like, because it's listed vertically here and the text is smaller, the margin for error is a bit greater. Might just be me, but the older ui put the text inside a noticeably-big button so you didn't miss-click without either brain-farting or not paying attention.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Welp I'm glad forums stopped giving me updates on this topic, it's not like I want to be notified when a topic I'm subscribed to updates or anything.

>_>

also >changle log

I really gotta get back to modding this stuff, still love the game just haven't had much time lately.

Last edited:

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
I figured I might as well put up my own mod, too. It adds a new opponent to the forest dungeon. You'll meet her on your initial run through there, and you can also select the event on later visits. The fighting and the initial event are completely done, and a few different variations of later meetings are in as well. I've planned quite a lot of different variations, though, and they aren't all done yet, so you might well run into some placeholders if you get the event often.

The opponent is a Red Imp, a variety of Imp which is generally shunned and isolated in Imp society. She's still just as weak as any other imp, though. Unable to rely on the imps' usual safety in numbers, this one has had to get creative to survive.

Gameplay spoiler:
The Red Imp has spent all of her time and effort into a narrow selection of skills, focused on her pussy. This has left her pathetically weak in every other regard, but if you fuck her, you're going to have very bad time.

If you are using any other mods, you may need to merge some files manually. Check the readme.

Attachments

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I figured I might as well put up my own mod, too.
Definitely liking what I saw so far(Ancilla cameo was 10/10), but its pretty buggy? Choice for repeated encounter "What you have in mind" seems to lead to goodbye instead. Is it simply unfinished like 'fun' choice, or that's a bug?
Other than that there's some missing "Speaks" before some lines, but nothing major. Hoping you finish this one day.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
Definitely liking what I saw so far(Ancilla cameo was 10/10), but its pretty buggy? Choice for repeated encounter "What you have in mind" seems to lead to goodbye instead. Is it simply unfinished like 'fun' choice, or that's a bug?
Other than that there's some missing "Speaks" before some lines, but nothing major. Hoping you finish this one day.
Yes, that choice you mentioned isn't finished yet. And I do plan on continuing this. I might trim down the number of different scenes I've got planned, though.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yes, that choice you mentioned isn't finished yet. And I do plan on continuing this. I might trim down the number of different scenes I've got planned, though.
Trimming down might be a good idea, I scrapped like 4 skills and 2 scenes of my mod because it's already so cluttered
Your mod will likely bloat in size because you let player decide how to treat the imp on first meeting, effectively doubling the content, but I think this particular thing is good to have

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well. That didn't last long. I finally got to sit down and play through this version with a new save and attempting to watch the intro gave me an error.
Error code as follows:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 435, in script call
    call displayScene from _call_displayScene_5
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 989, in script call
    call read from _call_read_11
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 7, in script
    $ readerDiction = {'thePlayerName':player.name, 'THEPLAYERNAME': player.name.upper(),  'TPN': player.name[0],
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 7, in <module>
    $ readerDiction = {'thePlayerName':player.name, 'THEPLAYERNAME': player.name.upper(),  'TPN': player.name[0],
IndexError: string index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 435, in script call
    call displayScene from _call_displayScene_5
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSystem.rpy", line 989, in script call
    call read from _call_read_11
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 7, in script
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\New folder\Monster Girl Dreams Alpha\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v15-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Desktop\New folder\Monster Girl Dreams Alpha\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v15-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 7, in <module>
IndexError: string index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v15
Sat May 19 00:33:12 2018
But hey, at least it got found quickly!

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How do you scroll down when selecting a perk? I haven't been able to even click the bar on the side to make it move at all.