What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Yuhan

Reputation score
He probably means that succubi can be too dominating in some of the new games.
Otherworldly creatures that are described as gods and in a different realm than mortals (and the main character).
Which is fine for a boss or whatever but too overbearing if every one of them is like that.

I also like your writing a lot :)

I see you've gotten a few new patreons this update. Glad to see.

Last edited:

Eredin5

Reputation score
v17.1 bug fix and balance update is out!

I'm actually really curious about what you mean by not overdoing succubi?
Yuhan pretty much hit the nail on the head. I don't think succubi are something to be overdone, otherwise they lose their otherworldly luster. Even a weak succubus should be something to be respected, and the most powerful should be irresistible to all but a few healthy individuals or to those with abnormally low libido. A succubus like Trisha is a perfect fledgling, basically you have to be looking to get into trouble with her to lose. Whereas the Kunoichi ambush can humble even the experienced adventurer whether or not she catches you asleep, she is a great intermediate succubus. Now if I see you implement one as a dungeon boss, I wouldn't mind her being OP like Sofia.

Yuhan

Reputation score
Oh glad I did. I was just expressing what I've been experiencing.
It's really cool that all the succubi in this game all have their own quirks, strengths/weaknesses, personalities (perfect beings are no fun).
It makes them likable and unique.

I'm a big fan of the writing. Any criticism from me should be taken with a grain of salt.
If anything, I'd like you to just keep doing what you're doing because I think the writing is great as it is.
Don't change anything :)

SeeingRed

Reputation score
Is there any rough timeline for approximately when the next map expansion will be added? I've been super keen ever since V12.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there any rough timeline for approximately when the next map expansion will be added? I've been super keen ever since V12.
v18
Which is the next version not counting smaller bug fix/balancing oriented ones. Like v17.2 which will probably happen first.

As for time scale my original hopeful guess was before the end of the month for v18, I'm pretty sure that isn't happening and it will be some time early next month.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Double post for the v17.2 update, adding a art cg for Lillian, integrating the mod loader, and characters changing expressions in combat.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Double post for the v17.2 update, adding a art cg for Lillian, integrating the mod loader, and characters changing expressions in combat.
Oh boy, you're amazing
I was planning to make expressions change via the new combat event system, but this is even simpler.

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Not sure if that's possible, but instead of putting mod files into multiple different folders is it possible to only have one mod folder for all new things (NPCs, skills, adventures... etc) for ease of transport between versions? I want to make some new stuff for myself, but at this point I feel it's not worth the hassle with the game still in early development.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not sure if that's possible, but instead of putting mod files into multiple different folders is it possible to only have one mod folder for all new things (NPCs, skills, adventures... etc) for ease of transport between versions? I want to make some new stuff for myself, but at this point I feel it's not worth the hassle with the game still in early development.
With the mod loader now integrated into the game you can do that, putting all of it into a main folder with some sub folders for your own organization, you just need to have a metadata bundled with that folder when you zip it, it needs to be out of the core folder though to be read by the mod loader. There is an example with the recent version of the game and a small guide for it. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask and I'll try to help.

Umbraunt

Reputation score
Is anyone keeping up a wiki or depository or list or SOMETHING of mods? It's cool that the mod loader is integrated now, but for example, I haven't played this since several versions ago. Is it worth sifting through the entire thread for stuff? Are any of the links still working? No idea. :/

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is anyone keeping up a wiki or depository or list or SOMETHING of mods? It's cool that the mod loader is integrated now, but for example, I haven't played this since several versions ago. Is it worth sifting through the entire thread for stuff? Are any of the links still working? No idea. :/
I was wondering about that myself. Like... A wiki page of some kind? A Google Doc? A MEGA repository? A separate ULMF post about it? I feel like it'd be kind of a pain to organize and I'm certainly not the one to do it, but it'd probably be worth it. It feels kind of like a dick move to bring things up and then immediately try to shunt it off to someone else, but I honestly don't have any idea on how to approach it beyond giving suggestions.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I was wondering about that myself. Like... A wiki page of some kind? A Google Doc? A MEGA repository? A separate ULMF post about it? I feel like it'd be kind of a pain to organize and I'm certainly not the one to do it, but it'd probably be worth it. It feels kind of like a dick move to bring things up and then immediately try to shunt it off to someone else, but I honestly don't have any idea on how to approach it beyond giving suggestions.
Honestly I'm not sure how to handle it yet either, I'd like a central spot for mods to get posted, but i'm not sure how to go about it.

Could a wiki do that?
Like easily allow people to post their mods to and require me to not heavily moderate it to hell and back to make sure it isn't flooded with doom?
Cause a separate forum post for it I feel would be annoying to shift through to find things.
A google doc to links could probably work too, though that might end up a shit show?

Some opinions on the matter would be appreciated, and advice on how to set this up right by people who know better than me. xD
Once I have somewhere for modders, I'll be linking it on every location the game is posted, so i'm sure irregardless of effort it will go to shit in some fashion.

I know that there was two or three mods a ways back that were compatible with the mod loader before I updated it, but they probably need to be tweaked to work again with it.
And for a while there the mod loader didn't work so mod creation kind of stagnated a little I think.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You know, there was a pretty large post on Patreon that detailed a ton of information about the future and plans for a lot of stuff, but there was only one part that truly caught my attention.
"Lillian – More cute. More purity. More purge the heresy. Give skills to teach player. "
Lillian the purger.jpg
PURGE THE HERETICS FOR THE GODDESS! HERESY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED!

(Sorry it's so shit, I'm really bad at using Photoshop, but even that wouldn't stop my zealotry from shining through.)

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just had an idea while replaying for Trisha.
Why not add a spam penalty mechanic? Right now you can just spam your strongest skill on target's weak spot over and over again, and it is the best way to win. This way groping, and other similarly weak skills see little to no use. It's regrettable.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Why not add a spam penalty mechanic? Right now you can just spam your strongest skill on target's weak spot over and over again, and it is the best way to win. This way groping, and other similarly weak skills see little to no use. It's regrettable.
The problem with that is that most abilities targeting a certain part of the body are used for not just their location they target, but the secondary stat used to increase their damage. If this method is used, then suddenly people who are going for something like a power build might not be able to best use the abilities their stat allotment might allow over and over again as it'd become weaker, and they'd have to rely on using other skills that would have their damage increased by practically baseline skill levels. It'd effectively make combat harder without making the enemies you face easier alongside it. Perhaps if there was more skills in the game there might be more variation and such a system might theoretically work, but I think it might cause more problems than solve them at this point in time.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v17.3 for bug fixing of important bugs.

The problem with that is that most abilities targeting a certain part of the body are used for not just their location they target, but the secondary stat used to increase their damage. If this method is used, then suddenly people who are going for something like a power build might not be able to best use the abilities their stat allotment might allow over and over again as it'd become weaker, and they'd have to rely on using other skills that would have their damage increased by practically baseline skill levels. It'd effectively make combat harder without making the enemies you face easier alongside it. Perhaps if there was more skills in the game there might be more variation and such a system might theoretically work, but I think it might cause more problems than solve them at this point in time.
Combat is always in constant battle to balance, evetually it will get there.
A staleness mechanic could work out. But then the player would probably just alternate between two skills.

I think Night Games has a good example of a combat system where multiple strategy's are available but going for different combat options isn't a bad thing.
Succubus Rasphodia probably is too, but I haven't really played that too much.
But yeah currently the combat is very rpg when you're playing to win and abuse weak spots. But I don't think just a staleness meter could fix the issue, just add more hoops to go through.
I think that the actual way damage scales needs more tweaking to allow for more build options without completely invalidating the core options. Not to mention putting stats into something other than your main damage one is kind of a lost stat most of the time.

Zashs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm glad the combat issues were brought up.

As much as I like this game, the combat in it is rather dull.
For most fights you really just end up spamming the most effective move over and over.

I don't really know the best solution, but some kind of system to avoid it(Cooldowns, counter mechanics etc) would help a lot in reducing this problem.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
How about a combo system then? For example groping a butt could enhance the next thrust attack performed on it.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm glad the combat issues were brought up.

As much as I like this game, the combat in it is rather dull.
For most fights you really just end up spamming the most effective move over and over.

I don't really know the best solution, but some kind of system to avoid it(Cooldowns, counter mechanics etc) would help a lot in reducing this problem.
What the enemies do to the player has been the main focus so far, and with combat events I'll be able to do a lot more on that end.
But the player's side of things has always been pretty rpg level, so I'm very welcome to suggestions on how to improve it. Weather it works or not is another story.

Counter skills are slowly coming into the game, but still need a bit more infrastructure to work as I want, currently only auto counter's for enemies work. Nicci has one for suckle.
I think cool downs would most likely not make a whole lot of sense for some moves, and would overall just make the game harder and remove options from the player.

But dang it I want people to see more of the response dialogue for enemies getting hit with different skills.

How about a combo system then? For example groping a butt could enhance the next thrust attack performed on it.
I think I'd prefer a mood/sexual tension meter over a strict combo system.
Where you have to use more foreplay oriented attacks to increase damage dealt, or even allow the heavy hitting moves.
Event just working up to penetration could help in some ways.

Succubus Quest/Succubus Rasphodia had something like this, but i'm pretty sure it affected both side for the damage increases. I'd have to look into how it worked

I'll be keeping track of stuff that gets mentioned, so I have a list to look over and think on, move staleness is still an option, to prevent spamming at least. But probably won't fix the overall issue alone if I do implement it.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Great game.
It would be awesome if the enemies had fantasies/positions/things they want to try with the player (I'm not speaking of weak points, they already have that).

I mean having enemy requests. Accepting (giving/receiving specific attacks, position, items) would increase the combat reward (item, buff for next combat, exp...). Refusing would lower the mood.
Combat dialogue would give hints on random weak points unique for each girl (unlocked after indulging in their fantasies) so the player can overturn the table with devastating damages.
The player would accept some requests tp try to preserve the mood while being rational and not fall for obvious traps.

An example would be a random elf wanting a kiss. Kissing like she wanted would the lead to her asking to extract semen and to try potions while revealing a massive ass fetish. The player would overturn the table using her fetish after being given lots of free potions but just before being defeated for maximum gain.