What's new

ACT Patreon Active [MoxieTouch] Deep in Brixen Space [v0.3.9]

What do you enjoy in side scroller games?

• Gameplay

Votes: 108 58.7%
  • In-game Sprites

Votes: 162 88.0%
  • Static Image CGs

Votes: 23 12.5%
  • Animated CGs

Votes: 66 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Hey hey, did a mini update on Patreon.

It's not public because lewd, and Patreon (probably) doesn't like that.

Don't worry. It's not a new game update. It's just a small peek at the process of creating the experimental animation.
vvv
View attachment 34190

Update Tease at the end of Patreon post.
Annotation 2020-08-31 134539.png

Well, uh, shit.

All I did was install the game, try to launch it, and get this error. I have no idea why, other than the fact my laptop has a fairly new install of Windows 10.

Anyone got an answer? Or a fix? 'Least gimme an F.
That's a first. Mind sharing your computer specs?
If you're using an old integrated graphics cpu (aka no external gpu and old cpu), I'm afraid I can't help you. :(

It's been discussed a lot in the game engine I'm using. Here's an excerpt

""Your video card driver does not support any of the supported OpenGL versions.
Please update your drivers or if you have a very old or integrated GPU upgrade it."

I can emulate OpenGL by forcing software rendering using this command:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1

In which case Godot runs much more slowly, and there is a long wait time before the run window appears.

I switched to 32 bit Windows on the same machine, and there it is worse: Godot 3.2.1 does not even start, stating it does not support my graphic card.

I know OpenGL 2.1 is out of date but just trying to use Godot on an old machine here"

NebulousWeb
"Such old integrated graphics don't support OpenGL 2.x well, if at all. There's nothing that can be done about this 🙁"
Calinou
-

NineDoesALewd

Reputation score
Apologies for a late response.

The laptop that I'm using is decently old, and is pretty much the only technological item I can use at the moment thanks to my previous PC frying the entire Motherboard in a blaze of flame.

(Someone designed a Garry's Mod addon that was so badly made, It flash-boiled my PC. God damn it.)

Either way, this is the DX-Diag specs. Good luck. And try not to vomit.

Attachments

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
That's a Sandy Bridge-based Celeron, and in the thread MoxieTouch linked, apparently those CPUs are a perfectly bad combination of that generation of CPU not quite being compatible enough with OpenGL2.1, and Godot not quite supporting letting the user select GLES2 (instead of it being tied to mobile vs not).

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Pretty neat little thing
Felt like enemy variety was nice, but after a while it seemed to be just the same ones over and over. I'm not sure if I like that the solution to everything is "Use gun", but it works.

Reading your posts it sounds like you are very good at planning stuff and have good priorities, so I think this will work out really well
Everything else I'd say has already been said, so I'll just say thanks for making stuff

J55555

Reputation score
Game appears to crash when getting "saucied" on mac in new update. Grappling is fine, but as soon as the sex animation starts the game window closes. Took a screenshot of the code as it happens if that helps. There was no input on my end to make it log out.

Attachments

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Game appears to crash when getting "saucied" on mac in new update. Grappling is fine, but as soon as the sex animation starts the game window closes. Took a screenshot of the code as it happens if that helps. There was no input on my end to make it log out.
Thank you for the report!

Yeah. It seems Godot (game engine I'm using) is crashing because it's throwing a hissy fit because of some audio files. Will upload a new link in a couple of minutes.

In the meantime, you guys can vote on the next creature to be added.

Update: Mac and Linux versions live again.
Crashes should be fixed now. Otherwise, kindly report them here.
Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
Oh, for the uninformed.

~~~New Creature Chamber Update!~~~

--[[ Copy Pasted from Patreon ]] --

Changelog:
Creature Chamber

1599824734939.png

Pseudo-gallery is here! It's a bit janky, and some animations haven't been added yet, but it should be functional now.

Regardless this should lay as the foundation for future creatures and content, so glad we got that out of the way.

To enter it, she needs to cummed in three times.

FPS Boost

Huzzah! Switched from GLES3 to GLES2, meaning better FPS on later levels. Older hardware can also (probably) play the game!

Found out there wasn't much incentive on keeping the game on GLES3, since GLES3's graphical "improvements" aren't that noticeable and only causes FPS drops on older hardware.

[[ Disclaimer: I have only tested on my machine. There is a noticeable FPS boost on my end, but I'm not sure on others. YMMV. ]]

Other Changelogs

• Bullets are now slightly faster
  • [There used to be additional voices, but for some reason, it crashes the game. Will investigate immediately.]
  • [Update: It seems to be a problem with the game engine I'm using. Will find a workaround.]
  • [Update to the Update: I'd have to upgrade my Godot version to fix the issue, which is still in beta and might introduce more problems. Raagh! (flips table)]

Creature Vote!
1599824966050.png

You can vote on a creature to appear in the next update.

Head to the to download the game
and to vote next creature.

Free for anyone to vote.

Pogs. If what you are experimenting on is going to be a legit thing later on, then we can appreciate the size of the heroine's size, at the current state it's kind of hard to understand or see what she even got. (Boobs lover)
Yeah. I somewhat enjoyed creating the piece, but again, takes too much time for development. I'll give an update if I can find a faster way of doing the CGs, but for now, no CGs.

Maybe you could implement the one(s) you consider most viable as simple events? Like, you go into a room and interact with a locker that an alien's hiding in for example, get the scene, it ends and gameplay continues. The space between could be filled in with a black screen, sound and text. Even if it's not "perfect", it'd be nice that it's in there. Equally you might wish to expedite development of the game and its overall content, which is a perfectly wise choice too. Either way you gave it a try and that experience will come in handy.
Hmm, I do like the idea of special interactions for the specific scenarios, but the hassle of mucking up another event system doesn't sound viable, considering it is only enjoyable for the first time. Good suggestion though!

So one critique I have of the game overall is the relative absence of pretext; I think any story or premise needs to answer a few questions: Who is the character? Why are they there? What is the obstacle/challenge/threat, and what do they need to accomplish to overcome it?
Much of this is already inferred by the title, setting etc, and some can be shown rather than told, but I think an introductory blurb would aid in suspension of disbelief a little more.
That said it's one of the things that can wait; building the plot around the finished game might be preferable.
Pretext can always come later in development. Right now, it's all asset making.
Development for environmental story-telling could be by December, but that is a bit far and might be done at a later date.

I knew you were of an enlightened sort. Adult immersive-sims when?
When I become CEO of EA and devour the untapped AAA NFSW game market.

Pretty neat little thing

Felt like enemy variety was nice, but after a while it seemed to be just the same ones over and over. I'm not sure if I like that the solution to everything is "Use gun", but it works.
Luckily for you, there is currently a vote for a new creature!

On the topic of guns, I've been experimenting with creatures you can't shoot. You have to enter the struggle mechanic and hit their heart. Don't know how that feels for game flow, but it's still being tested.

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
aaaaa.png
Almost perfect

I love the creature chamber, so glad you added it. One concern there, it seems to allow the player to skip parts of the level. Though it would be cool to see speedruns of the game take advantage of that, the best but probably least simple solution that I can come up with is making them dynamic - ie the escape will always lead back to the earliest part of the room the player was defeated in - MC gets to the end, punches out a ceiling panel into the "normal" level and carries on her merry way.

I found a bug - the hangy ceiling bois can climb up walls (which does make sense to be fair lol) - I'm not sure exactly how I prompted it, but it was the one beneath the gallery room and it rode up a wall to the left after overshooting me, I think after breaking out of its grab but I'm not sure.

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
1600177706370.png
Almost perfect
My my, things just keep getting better and better.
I love the creature chamber, so glad you added it. One concern there, it seems to allow the player to skip parts of the level. Though it would be cool to see speedruns of the game take advantage of that, the best but probably least simple solution that I can come up with is making them dynamic - ie the escape will always lead back to the earliest part of the room the player was defeated in - MC gets to the end, punches out a ceiling panel into the "normal" level and carries on her merry way.

I found a bug - the hangy ceiling bois can climb up walls (which does make sense to be fair lol) - I'm not sure exactly how I prompted it, but it was the one beneath the gallery room and it rode up a wall to the left after overshooting me, I think after breaking out of its grab but I'm not sure.
Yeah, the creature chamber is intentional, at least for now. The chamber had to be tested first so unforeseen bugs don't happen in the main game.
Dynamic spawning in different rooms comes in later in development. I like the ceiling suggestion though!

As for the bug. I'll just fix his sprite so he appears to be climbing. :)

-- Hey hey everyone. Dropping B17 bombs on our lovely island of misfits --

This bomb is specifically the List of Many Things™, where you, the one reading right now, can give suggestions for the game. The current lists are for creatures and features.

To start, we dive ass-first into the List of Suggested Creatures™.

Fun fact, the latest "Creature Chamber" update was implemented because it was suggested, and I thought it was cool. :3

Another fun fact: These creatures and features are all suggested by the same guy!

The List of Suggested Creatures™:
- A "Weeping Angel" style enemy that only moves when the player is looking away; would have to be camouflaged in some way.
- Also the reverse of weeping angels, like those endermen in minecraft, maybe only when you point the gun at it, it suddenly comes to life, much like the armored dudes you already have in that don't do anything so long as you don't shoot their heads.
- Another ceiling-dweller that reaches a long tentacle down (within an arc) to grab, but is otherwise static and weak, relying on concealment/being outside visual range to get the drop on the player
- Ever since angel girl having the ceiling enemy do the upside down vaginal was always hot.
- The ubiquitous "weak tiny swarmer that makes you waste all your ammo" enemy. A fun twist on this is multiple must attach themselves to the character before initiating their animation. They'd be able to crawl (or slither) on ceilings, walls and floors
- Suicide-bomber style enemy that initiates a (difficult) grab after exploding, think Halo's flood carrier and others like it. Could be played with quite a bit - for example binding the heroine to the wall on detonation, and/or releasing those swarmers, and/or aggroing all enemies in a radius
- An enemy that lurks in wall-vents, switching between them somewhat randomly to ambush the player
- An enemy that lays "mines", ie the passive binding tentacle traps that are the first "enemy" you come across. Its sex attack would be dependent on being caught by one of them
- False-doorway (infested room) trap, would be a particularly difficult struggle if caught by it. Maybe combined with the following: Dead Space Sequence

- I like the idea of the trapped room with a not-really-perfect door. Even better if through the game the camoflaged door gets better, as if the tentacles are learning. First it's broken, and splattered with green, and it moves occasionally, then later on it's got some green around it, and it's not quite straight but it's much better and doesn't move on it's own, then late game it would only have a tough to discern difference, like the little window is the wrong shade of color
- Enemy that grabs the heroine's leg and drags her toward it across the floor, giving you a window to shoot it dead or hit the grabbing tentacle's weakpoint before initiating its struggle/animation - Like that one hallway sequence from Dead Space.
- Variation on Mr. Eggs on Legs - instead of being armed with a tenta-dick, it spits out a facehugger-style creature from about half a screen away, but sacrifices its self in the process. Maybe the facehugger its self expires within a second or two if it fails to connect. Maybe it doesn't hug faces
- I really wanted the "mine" objects to open the protagonist to another grab, rather than just introducing the grapple UI.
- Could also have the green pools occasionally be home to some unseen fun later on, maybe where one has some platforms that are not very high and not too big of a jump, but miss and oops, it's goop time. ( If you like puns, feel free to call it a Goops time.)

Unlike creatures, features require more work. You can always suggest, but keep in mind it probably won't get into the game. Again, more work, ergo fewer creatures.

Feasible Features™ i.e., 1 feature can be implemented per game update:
This could apply to the pistol its self too, maybe sometimes you find a degraded magazine that's hard but not impossible to identify - when loaded it might cause a failure while firing, forcing the 2nd stage of a reload and wasting a round before being able to fire again. Or maybe there could be extended mags that often have such faults, while the standard 9 rounds are perfect.
[After going through the creature chamber,] MC gets to the end, punches out a ceiling panel into the "normal" level and carries on her merry way.
In other things, i feel like the change from 3 to 6 shots on the most common enemy is too much. I can understand ammo scarcity being a horror theme thing, but over half a mag? I hadn't shot the ground crawlers yet, they're pretty easy to hop over with good timing, but if they also take 6 shots, hoo boy, they're kindof hard to hit too, since our accuracy seems to vary kindof wildly.
- A Lost Cat

Unfeasable but Still Cool Feature List™:
A FUCKHUGE boss creature has grown and nests around the ship's reactor core. The player has to kill it by getting inside it.
This entails a fight against each of its 3 main appendages, they and the creature they belong to spilling out into separate rooms on the ship. They'd be something vaguely along the lines of Half Life's Blast Pit tentacles in appearace/behavior, in other words static but can attack most of the level. Maybe spawning some lesser enemies while they're at it.
After fighting and killing each one, the way is now open to enter the creature. The catch is, the tract is lined with... more tentacles!
The crawl would essentially be a series of grapple minigames - on failure, molested then spat back out I think, with amnesty for the 3 strikes, to avoid contending with fail-state logic and continuity.

When it comes to the damaged mags, I'd much prefer if they're jury-rigged extended mags, more ammo with a chance of jamming, than munitions that are sub-par in every aspect. The change to ammo economy in the recent update is rough enough since you are basically boned if more than one standard enemy aggros you you don't have enough bullets in one mag to deal with both.
If the boss ideas there are unfeasible, one thing I hope you can salvage from the first boss concept is making the mc have to crawl through some kind of tentacle-lined tract. Sounds potentially very lewd, though maybe it might be tricky to make the gameplay not frustrating in that part.
After completing these minigames, the player's now inside one of the creature's 3 organ-chambers - A relatively large "room" saturated with creature eggs that may or may not release a creature on hit/in proximity, and a handful of lesser enemies. Maybe this is where all the crew ended up. The player destroys 3 organs scattered in the room, and is then able to walk back out the way they came, on to find the next appendage and repeat the process.
It could get deeper - The appendage could have a timer of X minutes before it regenerates, trapping our heroine inside (game over?), adding time pressure. These rooms could also have their own en-suite gallery/creature chamber.
If you wanna go in real deep, maybe the 3 chambers are a prerequisite to accessing a 4th, which is the final part of the boss sequence, and has an enemy-sized boss creature inside it. Maybe the player just has to dodge it and melt down the reactor, which the creature has co-opted as its heart.

"Not sure how I'd do that" Feature List™:
Features that would be good to add, but have no idea with the allotted time.
I've always been partial to debuff-y enemy grabs that don't just go into a static animation, but that does lead to more frames exponentially, so gotta leverage that thought (though i suppose any new enemy means more frames, they would mean movement frames...) Not particularly fond of the "oh it's a lewd gas area" type, but rather, those facehuggers being... crotch huggers. But small enough they don't force a down but slowing or causing aim shake. Or that could be for the swarm types before you get downed.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
There's been a whole bunch of games I've seen in the past years with a Scifi metroidvania angle, which might be useful inspiration? LAB: Still Alive, Mission Mermaiden, Alien Quest: EVE, amongst many others. I don't know how many of these are actually interesting from "surprising the player" point of view, instead of just new sex animations.

There's always AD&D's Lurkers and Trappers.

Mine Mine Mine
I really wanted the "mine" objects to open the protagonist to another grab, rather than just introducing the grapple UI.

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
I've always been partial to debuff-y enemy grabs that don't just go into a static animation, but that does lead to more frames exponentially, so gotta leverage that thought (though i suppose any new enemy means more frames, they would mean movement frames...) Not particularly fond of the "oh it's a lewd gas area" type, but rather, those facehuggers being... crotch huggers. But small enough they don't force a down but slowing or causing aim shake. Or that could be for the swarm types before you get downed.

I really wanted the "mine" objects to open the protagonist to another grab, rather than just introducing the grapple UI.
Me too, even if it was just a short tug attempt before they extend up a tentacle for some fun.

Ever since angel girl having the ceiling enemy do the upside down vaginal was always hot.

I love the idea of the enemy that hides when you look at it and creeps up on you, but if possible don't just flick it dark in one frame, i feel like a second or so of slithery scramble to hide would make the grab more enthralling. Considering in this type of game, personally, my goal is to catch these monsters before they grab, only to... allow them to grab anyway.
If only i could find one of those combat-rape rpgs where after enough corruption and obviously playing to get caught, the MC would act like that and not go directly from "oh no, but it's good" to "all of the dicks plz" *cough*

I like the idea of the trapped room with a not-really-perfect door. Even better if through the game the camoflaged door gets better, as if the tentacles are learning. First it's broken, and splattered with green, and it moves occasionally, then later on it's got some green around it, and it's not quite straight but it's much better and doesn't move on it's own, then late game it would only have a tough to discern difference, like the little window is the wrong shade of color

Also the reverse of weeping angels, like those endermen in minecraft, maybe only when you point the gun at it, it suddenly comes to life, much like the armored dudes you already have in that don't do anything so long as you don't shoot their heads.

Could also have the green pools occasionally be home to some unseen fun later on, maybe where one has some platforms that are not very high and not too big of a jump, but miss and oops, it's goop time. ( If you like puns, feel free to call it a Goops time.)

In other things, i feel like the change from 3 to 6 shots on the most common enemy is too much. I can understand ammo scarcity being a horror theme thing, but over half a mag? I hadn't shot the ground crawlers yet, they're pretty easy to hop over with good timing, but if they also take 6 shots, hoo boy, they're kindof hard to hit too, since our accuracy seems to vary kindof wildly.

Speaking of, are there going to be lots of different weapons/upgrades/something else for improvement, or is this a "get used to this blaster and how it behaves" situation? (no problem if this is a one-gun-and-done thing, i'm just curious)

ThatMintyMan

Reputation score
My body wasn't ready for this game. I played through the whole demo, and my lord was I terrified through it. I am fresh commenting this after beating the the demo, I haven't even looked at any of the lewd of this game yet. On gameplay alone I wanna see more of this. I loved every second of being scared because it was dark, I could hear them coming, and all my brain was screaming was kill or get out. The atmosphere in the demo is great, the animation of our protagonist is fantastic, and the movement of the enemies is frankly disturbing in a good way.

To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I think in all my time playing adult games, this is the only one that really sparked and nailed actual gameplay down so well that I don't care about the adult content as much as I do the game itself. You've thrown me into a bind. I came looking for porn and found a really engaging game.

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Looking at your ideas for new enemies, I definitely like the idea of a static ceiling enemy, mostly for the kinds of poses that would entail. Enemies that utilize the environment just sound interesting in general, like the vent lurker and door trap. The dragging tentacles also just sound fun in general.
When it comes to the damaged mags, I'd much prefer if they're jury-rigged extended mags, more ammo with a chance of jamming, than munitions that are sub-par in every aspect. The change to ammo economy in the recent update is rough enough since you are basically boned if more than one standard enemy aggros you you don't have enough bullets in one mag to deal with both.
If the boss ideas there are unfeasible, one thing I hope you can salvage from the first boss concept is making the mc have to crawl through some kind of tentacle-lined tract. Sounds potentially very lewd, though maybe it might be tricky to make the gameplay not frustrating in that part.

axmed4555

Reputation score
Big YES to Tiny Swarm and Facehugger... we need more those buggers everywhere, they can do many things, you know <.<

OP
MoxieTouch

MoxieTouch

Reputation score
There's been a whole bunch of games I've seen in the past years with a Scifi metroidvania angle, which might be useful inspiration? LAB: Still Alive, Mission Mermaiden, Alien Quest: EVE, amongst many others. I don't know how many of these are actually interesting from "surprising the player" point of view, instead of just new sex animations.
Man, I'd love to get into those games, but they just don't hit the "spook" vibe I was looking for. Good suggestions though.

Ever since angel girl having the ceiling enemy do the upside down vaginal was always hot.

Also the reverse of weeping angels, like those endermen in minecraft, maybe only when you point the gun at it, it suddenly comes to life, much like the armored dudes you already have in that don't do anything so long as you don't shoot their heads.
Added to the creature list!

Yea. I wanted ammo scarcity, but like you said, it feels too week and unsatisfying. Reverting to old 3-shot damage and removing some mags.

Speaking of, are there going to be lots of different weapons/upgrades/something else for improvement, or is this a "get used to this blaster and how it behaves" situation? (no problem if this is a one-gun-and-done thing, i'm just curious)
"get used to this blaster and how it behaves"
Added to Unfeasible but Cool feature List: FUCKHUGE

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
Yea. I wanted ammo scarcity, but like you said, it feels too week and unsatisfying. Reverting to old 3-shot damage and removing some mags.
That works, i did end up leaving a lot of them laying around the first version i tried out, figuring it was just prolific ammo because it was an early version.

"get used to this blaster and how it behaves"
I think we can reasonably assume our main character here isn't combat military from the slightly wonky accuracy, and the outfit makes me think engineer/mechanic anyway.