What's new

Need help with RMVXA

Khonhar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Grettings,

i have 3 Questions for my Senior Members, who are working with RMVXA.
I started Thursday working on my own, so far, little game and have now
3 Problems.

First a bug:
Code see Attached Thumbnail.
When the Player activate the Event, the dead Thug switches to a dead Maid Actor.

Second:
I have been working on a simple Smithing System for 2 Items.
First Page done, works fine with me so far,... now my question on how to:
After both guns got their upgrade, i don't want, that the player can use
the smith, which could be done with Self Switch A, but i want to use the Smith later for further upgrades. And here is my problem, i don't know how.

Third:
I''ve done with the help of online tutorials a Transform Skill which works fine,
sealed 2 Battle Menu (Special, Magic). But it looks a bit sloppy for me, so i'm seeking for a simple solution to hide those 2 while the transfomation.
What i don't want is a 1000 row script, where i don't know to change the settings.

Scripts i'm using: Yanfly(Core, Ace Battle, Enemy HP, Shop and more equip)

I apoligize for my English, i'm not a native Speaker.

Kind regarts,
Khonhar

Attachments

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Need help with RMVXA

First a bug:
When the Player activate the Event, the dead Thug switches to a dead Maid Actor.
Select "Direction Fix", in the lower-left corner.

Without "Direction Fix", the NPC tries to turn to face the player. The Dead Thug sprite probably shares a spritesheet with the Dead Maid Actor sprite, so when RMVXA tries to find the "Dead Thug facing (different direction)" sprite, it merely looks on the same spritesheet for the different facing.

Third:
I''ve done with the help of online tutorials a Transform Skill which works fine,
sealed 2 Battle Menu (Special, Magic). But it looks a bit sloppy for me, so i'm seeking for a simple solution to hide those 2 while the transfomation.
What i don't want is a 1000 row script, where i don't know to change the settings.
Can't help you with this one, unfortunately.

OP
K

Khonhar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Select "Direction Fix", in the lower-left corner.

Without "Direction Fix", the NPC tries to turn to face the player. The Dead Thug sprite probably shares a spritesheet with the Dead Maid Actor sprite, so when RMVXA tries to find the "Dead Thug facing (different direction)" sprite, it merely looks on the same spritesheet for the different facing.
Thanks a lot. Especially for the explanation helps me to not repeat the mistake.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Second:
I have been working on a simple Smithing System for 2 Items.
First Page done, works fine with me so far,... now my question on how to:
After both guns got their upgrade, i don't want, that the player can use
the smith, which could be done with Self Switch A, but i want to use the Smith later for further upgrades. And here is my problem, i don't know how.
Hmm... how I'd design the event for this depends on several things:
  • When the player reaches the smithy (with the Basic Manuell item to activate it), is he guaranteed to have the Geri and the Fraki? Only the Geri? Neither?
  • Can the player get a second Geri or Fraki?
  • How many Iron Bars can the player get? One (and be forced to choose between upgrades)? Two (upgrade both)? Three or more (have spares for other things)?

What I can suggest is that the Basic Manuell item should 1) become a Key Item, if it isn't already, and 2) also be a Switch. During the Event where the player gets the Basic Manuell, set the "Basic Manuell" Switch. Now instead of checking for the item, you can check for the Switch - and be able to check for a different item at the same time.

OP
K

Khonhar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

[*]When the player reaches the smithy (with the Basic Manuell item to activate it), is he guaranteed to have the Geri and the Fraki? Only the Geri? Neither?
Well, my players have to look for everything, so the Manuell and the Bars are hidden.
Without the manuell the forge is a dead item. So the forge just works, if the player have the manuell(key item) in their inventory.

The weapons are starting gear and can't be selled.

[*]How many Iron Bars can the player get? One (and be forced to choose between upgrades)? Two (upgrade both)? Three or more (have spares for other things)?
To keep it simple, the player need 1 Bar for 1 weapon and the weapon itself, to get a better version.
1 Iron Bar + Geri MK1 = Geri MK2
1 Iron Bar + Freki MK1 = Freki MK2
that means, if the player finds both bars.

What I can suggest is that the Basic Manuell item should 1) become a Key Item, if it isn't already, and 2) also be a Switch. During the Event where the player gets the Basic Manuell, set the "Basic Manuell" Switch. Now instead of checking for the item, you can check for the Switch - and be able to check for a different item at the same time.
So.. setting the condition to start the event "smith" from "item basic manuell(key item)" to condition: "switch basic manuell"

That means, if the player finds later a second manuell, i'll kill the "switch basic manuell" while event "second manuell" and can add a new event page to the "smith event" with the conditions example "switch second manuell" and simple copy+past the code from page on and fit it for MK3?

And to prevent the player to use a non working smith, i'll use a parallel process event, which checks, if the player have both MK2's?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

One note, before it drives me crazy: the English word is "Manual", pronounced MAN-you-all. "Manuel", pronounced MAN-well, is a Spanish name.

Well, my players have to look for everything, so the Manuell and the Bars are hidden.
Without the manuell the forge is a dead item. So the forge just works, if the player have the manuell(key item) in their inventory.
There is a difference between "doesn't work" and "doesn't seem to work". I say that you should put in a message saying, "this is a forge, you don't know how to make it work", which displays before the player finds the Basic Manuell.

The weapons are starting gear and can't be selled.
That's important to know.

To keep it simple, the player need 1 Bar for 1 weapon and the weapon itself, to get a better version.
1 Iron Bar + Geri MK1 = Geri MK2
1 Iron Bar + Freki MK1 = Freki MK2
that means, if the player finds both bars.
So it is possible for a player to NOT find a bar? What happens if a player finds only one Iron Bar, upgrades his Geri to Mk2, and then moves on to the next upgrade? Can he upgrade his Freki Mk1 directly to Mk3?

So.. setting the condition to start the event "smith" from "item basic manuell(key item)" to condition: "switch basic manuell"

That means, if the player finds later a second manuell, i'll kill the "switch basic manuell" while event "second manuell" and can add a new event page to the "smith event" with the conditions example "switch second manuell" and simple copy+past the code from page on and fit it for MK3?

And to prevent the player to use a non working smith, i'll use a parallel process event, which checks, if the player have both MK2's?
Avoid parallel process events. They take up computer time, so they slow your game down.

Instead... put a block of code at the beginning of the "upgrade Mk1 to Mk2" page that says "if the player has both Mk2 weapons, activate a Self Switch and exit", and then add an event page for that Self Switch that's basically blank.

So the Event pages would go like this:
Code:
(blank, no conditions)
(Basic Manuell for Mk2 upgrade)
(Self Switch A)
(Super Manuell for Mk3 upgrade)
(Self Switch B)
(Ultra Manuell for Mk4 upgrade)
(Self Switch C)
You do not kill any preceding switches. They form a record of "I have done this, I have done that, I have done the other thing". Because of the way the Event Pages work, you don't need to kill switches as you progress - only one Event Page will work at a time, and it will be the right-most one with all its conditions fulfilled. So, in the example above, if both Self Switch B and Self Switch C are turned on, the player will see the Self Switch C event.

OP
K

Khonhar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One note, before it drives me crazy: the English word is "Manual", pronounced MAN-you-all. "Manuel", pronounced MAN-well, is a Spanish name.
I'm sorry and i have corrected the mistake in the game.

There is a difference between "doesn't work" and "doesn't seem to work". I say that you should put in a message saying, "this is a forge, you don't know how to make it work", which displays before the player finds the Basic Manuell.
Ah ok. Well i thought, the surprise would be bigger, when the player finds the manual.
During the Event the MC has this Text:
Now i need to get 2 Iron Bars.
Luckily my Forge in my Basement is
still functional.
So it is possible for a player to NOT find a bar? What happens if a player finds only one Iron Bar, upgrades his Geri to Mk2, and then moves on to the next upgrade? Can he upgrade his Freki Mk1 directly to Mk3?
Uhh,... scheiße.. didn't think that far ahead. Got the idea of the Weapon Upgrade System, wrote the event, got problem 1, but didn't see Problem 2, 3 and 4 coming.

Avoid parallel process events. They take up computer time, so they slow your game down.
Thanks for the advice.

Instead... put a block of code at the beginning of the "upgrade Mk1 to Mk2" page that says "if the player has both Mk2 weapons, activate a Self Switch and exit", and then add an event page for that Self Switch that's basically blank.

So the Event pages would go like this:
Code:
(blank, no conditions)
(Basic Manuell for Mk2 upgrade)
(Self Switch A)
(Super Manuell for Mk3 upgrade)
(Self Switch B)
(Ultra Manuell for Mk4 upgrade)
(Self Switch C)
You do not kill any preceding switches. They form a record of "I have done this, I have done that, I have done the other thing". Because of the way the Event Pages work, you don't need to kill switches as you progress - only one Event Page will work at a time, and it will be the right-most one with all its conditions fulfilled. So, in the example above, if both Self Switch B and Self Switch C are turned on, the player will see the Self Switch C event.
Funny, i don't want a 1k row script to hide 2 skill types temporary while a transformation skill is on, but i'm about to write a 1k row event to uprade 2 weapons.

But overall i am realy thankful for your help. Now back to working on, and learning with the game.

OP
K

Khonhar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Third:
Searching for hours, testing scripts etc. etc.....
and than out of a whim i copied class:
normal class with skilltype special and magic
mirror class with custom skilltype

common events settings:
transformation skill on: change actor class: [Actor], [mirrorclass]
transformation skill off: change actor class: [Actor], [normal class]

played a bit, looked at the equipment, if it gets lost, checked my custom skill if they are gone,.... nope all seems save.

nargh, hours wasted for such a simple solution, i want to bite my own head off!!