What's new

New Net Neutrality bullshit - Rider on Government Appropriations

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

- I think this one will send an email for you.

It then leads to the below:

Which gives you a thing to call and bother them, you know, like, voicedly.

Also . Iunno if it was because of a legit thing (maybe too many people were sharing it or whatever and it was being filtered by an autospam thing?) but yeah PRETTY SHADY.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: New Net Neutrality bullshit - Rider on Government Appropriations

I can confirm the same thing on facebook when I tried to share this.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One thing I noticed right away was how Verizon is grouped in with "cable companies that are famous for high prices and poor service." I can understand Time Warner is complete shit, as is Comcast to a lesser extent, but Verizon actually has good service, their price is just high... Apologies for nitpicking, but that just irked me. That aside, this doesn't look good.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd offer them the compromise that we don't let in ANY Syrian 'refugees' (I really don't care that they could be terrorists), but this rider gets squashed.

However this country really needs to change how the regulatory agencies that deal with big business are funded/operated. If we leave them under the control of our 'representatives' they'll be constantly under the threat of being de-fanged.

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Our government is a fiction. I truly believe that government is corrupt at every level. I was in municipal court Wednesday for a simple matter that I easily destroyed the prosecution on. However I was held in contempt of the court for simply asking questions.

One day the judge will be charged with perjury for all the lies they spout day in and day out. I think I should go into court next week and represent everyone who does not have a lawyer just to choke out the cash cow that is the municipal court.

This is pretty standard trickery now, putting in language into a bill that has nothing to actually do with the bill itself to circumvent outside scrutiny. Though I would always be in favor of a regulatory agency losing power, I am not a fan of this crap where cable companies can choose to extort money from websites. I would counter sue the cable company as they would not be offering an unlimited internet package were they to institute this policy. As the end consumer I would argue that I am being misled as the cable company is in fact limiting the access to the internet under these circumstances.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There's a bathroom over there --->

It's where what you're spewing belongs.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd offer them the compromise that we don't let in ANY Syrian 'refugees' (I really don't care that they could be terrorists), but this rider gets squashed.
What does this have to do with the topic of the thread?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

The US political system seems to be more corrupt than a banana republic

Literally letting corporations change laws

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What does this have to do with the topic of the thread?
It's another rider that republicans are pushing on that same budget bill. It implements increased screening of Syrian refugees.

New Net Neutrality... 5th December 2015 02:49 What has that got to do with anything? It's like you're actively trying to derail the topic.

It's another rider that republicans are pushing on that same budget bill. It implements increased screening of Syrian refugees. I'd appreciate an apology, as it is certainly on topic AND a tactic that's within reason to see working.

Apologies for posting the same thing twice, but I wanted to make clear who I was saying what to.

Last edited:

geebster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The US political system seems to be more corrupt than a banana republic

Literally letting corporations change laws
Well due to ridiculously weak lobbying laws, many bills are actually written by corporations or "research groups" funded heavily by them. They have legalized corruption to such a degree that you can never know how much BS like this is being added to a bill.