What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [mickmanx] Nightmare Sphere 2

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I can't find any trace of Nightmare Sphere 2 Demo/Trial anywhere... and this is my 4th post. I just join the topic looking for answer. No, I'm not a necromancer. I didn't bump this thread for Lulz. The game is ongoing and we have the right to discuss it here, in the board. That's what a board is supposed to mean.
The reason people get agitated is because many of us have been waiting for news or a demo and bumping the thread makes people think there might be good news when they see it crop up on the first page. Not to mention anything he has as far as a demo would be right there on his blog in the software download link.

However, it may be a good thing you did since even veteran forum members appear to be confused on the subject (in all fairness this took place over several years). As Fenril and szarala said, there is no demo for NS2. Nightmare Sphere 0 and Nightmare Sphere 2 are two completely different games. After NS0 was cancelled, he started a new game from scratch, that's NS2. He posts twitter updates pretty regularly and one of his recent ones sounded like he was saying a demo is close (if I interpreted it correctly).

To add a bit more information, I seem to remember that he lost a significant amount of data on NS0 at one point, and that was part of why it was cancelled, but I could be wrong, that was quite some time ago.

flowoftime

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thank you all for your feedback.

In the image on developer website I attach below: You can tell by the order:
1st Row - Nightmare Sphere 2 = Relm's new form. She looks fabulous and noble. :love:
2nd Row - Nightmare Sphere Zero.
3rd Row - Three characters from the left = Miku & the Gang - Megaman lookalike game (mickmanx2).
3rd Row - The character on the far right = Nightmare Sphere 1 (Relm's 1st/original form).

Attachments

Last edited:

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I just hope Nightmare Sphere 2 is even half as good as the Nightmare Sphere Zero demo was, especially since that demo had something like five bosses plus a (bonus?) Miku battle.

Not to mention all those gameplay improvements like Parry (which, IMO, made the game too easy even if it was nicely implemented and appreciated).

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Thought I'd check up on this today.

Good news is that the game isn't dead, bad news is that development has slowed down a lot because the dev is currently a tranny (I think; their twitter is in jap so I lose a lot in translation, but they're talking a lot about corsets, makeup, and female hormones).

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I don't remember there being five bosses or a miku battle in NS0, I wonder if I missed an updated demo or something.
Late response, but you bumped the thread anyway. There was more to the NS0 demo than it appears at first. If I remember correctly, once you got the air dash it opened up several areas. And the thief girl could get into some areas early (?).

Good news is that the game isn't dead, bad news is that development has slowed down a lot because the dev is currently a tranny (I think; their twitter is in jap so I lose a lot in translation, but they're talking a lot about corsets, makeup, and female hormones).
I got the impression it was just crossdressing and nothing more, but it's been a while since I read those posts, and like you said some meaning gets lost in translation.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Badder bad news: looks s/he's stopped working on the game entirely, going by his latest blog post

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Badder bad news: looks s/he's stopped working on the game entirely, going by his latest blog post
So this game's incomplete, correct?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to GUC, going to put the hiatus prefix on it given the amount of time since this thread's creation and the lack of a demo.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Shame, but I understand I guess. I do wish she would've stuck it out and finished NS0 way back when, but at least that demo, even though nowhere near complete, was still meatier than a lot of "full games" you see nowadays.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Mong...

Well, seeing as you bumped it I checked his twitter
Akatsuki @n_sphere2]
It's been a long time since I didn't update, but it seems that I will have surgery in January. Until the report for the time being.
Chance of the game never getting completed is rapidly approaching 1

TouchFluffyTail

One Angeri Floof
Reputation score
Reminds me of that one dev that dropped off the face of the earth only to bump with "HEY IM BACK AND ALIVE!" post just to disappear again.

joey88

Lurker
Reputation score
I had forgotten about this series. Figured I'd try to play through NS1 again, but the game fails to launch with a Failed to load game data file seems to be corrupt message. Is it not compatible with Win10? Last I played it was probably on Win7.