What's new

[WIP - Full] 機械の少女が夢見た世界 / The World A Robot Girl Dream Of (RJ169029)

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Game Thread:

https://ulmf.org/threads/p-d-creations-no-ga-ta-the-world-a-robot-girl-dream-of-rj169029.12685

RPGMT Translation (game ver3.2)

I'm not distributing the game, only a patch. You'll need a copy of the game if you want to play.

To apply this patch you need:
  • RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo (or any other RPG Maker unpacker)
  • 'RPGMaker Trans' 4.5:
  • an untranslated version of the game

How to apply this patch (how to apply a RPGMAKERTrans patch):

Decrypt RPG Maker data and delete the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (*)
  1. Skip to 'Run RPGMakerTrans.exe' if you've already deleted the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive and want to apply a new patch
    If you don't even see an RGSS encrypted archive you may also skip
  2. Run RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo
  3. Go to File/Open File
  4. Select the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (Game.rgss3a) that is in the same folder as game.exe (don't mistake it for System\RGSS301.dll).
  5. Go to Tools/Extract Selected
  6. This will create an 'Extract' folder with all the decrypted files in your game folder
  7. Merge the contents of the Extract folder with your Game Folder (you don't need to overwrite them)
  8. Delete or Rename (ex:Game_copy.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously
  9. The game plays the same, its data is just no longer encrypted. These steps delete any duplicate in the RGSS Encrypted Archive and the non encrypted files which may cause RPG Trans to never finish

If you've already decrypted the RGSS file or if there's no RGSS file, this is the part you need to do.
  1. Run RPGMakerTrans.exe
  2. Select Game.exe from the Game folder as the 'Game Location'
  3. Select RPGMKTRANSPATCH from the patch folder as 'Patch Location'
  4. The patch info should appear on the right.
  5. You can click 'Go!'

The patching will take a few minutes. The Error log will display all the translation that could not be used (it will at worse leave some text in Japanese). You may get a lot of these errors if you patch a previous version of the game.

If you get stuck of if something obviously goes wrong then you should read carefully from the beginning.

You now have a copy of the game folder with your saves under [your game folder name]_translated.
>Run [your game folder name]_translated/Game.exe

Translation was made using a custom RPG Maker auto-translator. Excluding the manual translated parts, sentences are translated using a combination of a custom dictionary, custom sentence models and Google machine translation service.
The translation is a byproduct of the development of the auto-translator and is not edited. You shouldn't bother with it if you actually understand Japanese but you should find it better than using a text hooker.

You'll need RPGMakerTrans4.5 to apply the patch. It should be compatible with all the versions of the game. The patch will generate a copy of the game with your saves (all the explications are in the READ ME file).
You can find RPGMakerTrans4.5 here:

What it is:
-a fast translation (objective: day 1 translation for part 4 release)
-a working translation (text fits in window, key information gets a better translation if possible.)
-a 100% translation (no text is left untranslated)
-an editable file (key information only has one translation so the text is understandable and can be edited by a human)
-a proof of concept that machine can translate a game, can fill in the blanks of a manual translation, and can proofread it.
-an experiment (quality sometimes goes down from one patch to another)

What it is not:
-a work of literature (generated sentences are not grammatically correct, inaccuracies and weeb terms are tolerated)
-raw translation from Google (not all machine translations are alike and if you want to prove me wrong, do copy paste the files and see the horrible mess raw Google translation is)

The auto-translator can handle multiple human partial translations
If you feel like helping with the translation, please do--even if you're just editing the machine translation for one map.

Please translate directly on the latest patch (game_patch/patch/___.txt)
Feel free to translate any text commented with #MTLed (Machine TransLated)
Change #MTLed with #your_name, you can add a comment #your_name : your comment
You can also change already translated text by replacing #his_name with #your_name
The previous translation is not lost and if you are a better translator I'll make sure that your translation appears instead of the previous one.

Post your files on this thread.

All credit for this base translation goes to @Lv1VillagerA. Go give him a thumbs up or like if you enjoyed the partial translation.

If you want to be a part of the translation effort, all you have to do is pick a file inside of the patch subfolder and get to translating. Most of the work
doesn't need super proficiency in Japanese or English. In fact just going around and making grammar changes can help a ton so, don't feel daunted by the
project. Try not translate text you aren't sure of though.

Any skilled help would also be super welcome.

Oh... almost forgot. I do no intend to troubleshoot the patch for any users who can't get it to work on their own. If RPGMaker Trans just does not work on your PC
or you have trouble following the directions, maybe ask another user for the translated version? Either way, I hope you guys can figure out the patching process on your
own as I didn't even make this framework and don't want to troubleshoot it for you guys.

Last edited:

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
@Aesthetic asked if I could help so I'm just contributing to the translation and not actively translating the game.
You're free to use whatever tool you want if you intend to continue the project.

Also: :LOL: That shameless copy paste from SHRIFT.
The previous translation is not lost and if you are a better translator I'll make sure that your translation appears instead of the previous one. (lies, I won't do anything)

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
@Aesthetic asked if I could help so I'm just contributing to the translation and not actively translating the game.
You're free to use whatever tool you want if you intend to continue the project.

Also: :LOL: That shameless copy paste from SHRIFT.
The previous translation is not lost and if you are a better translator I'll make sure that your translation appears instead of the previous one. (lies, I won't do anything)
I modified things...
It was also the most effective way to get the information across imho. But yeah... it was shameless.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Those interested in translating can look at this patcher.
It'll allow you to translate lines RPGMTrans can't patch (that you'll find in Comments.txt).
With this you shouldn't need any help from me.

If this link is broken, look for Ytinasni's RPG-Maker VXAce Translator on google.

Attachments

TheBl4ckC4t

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry for the necro, but is this still working?
Somehow the translated folder only has everything in the first instance of my game folder, all folders within are empty

If you've already decrypted the RGSS file or if there's no RGSS file, this is the part you need to do.
  1. Run RPGMakerTrans.exe
  2. Select Game.exe from the Game folder as the 'Game Location'
  3. Select RPGMKTRANSPATCH from the patch folder as 'Patch Location'
  4. The patch info should appear on the right.
  5. You can click 'Go!'
Step 4 is not there "No Patch Banner available"

WARNING: Ruby with nonzero exit code 1

ERROR: Ruby unexpectedly quit.

Ruby Traceback:

<internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `require': cannot load such file -- rubygems.rb (LoadError)

from <internal:gem_prelude>:1:in `<compiled>'

///////////////
Used:
RPGMakerTransv4.5
Robot_Dream_patch
Game Version: v3.2 2017/6/22

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hopefully this isn't against the rules and doesn't come across as rude, but =Together= is almost completely done translating this game. I know they'll release it publicly once it's completed. This thread can continue, of course, but I wanted to make sure you and others are aware.

=Together= hasn't made a post for this game yet but they will once it's done.