What's new

[Nutaku] Crystal Maidens

Reputation score
Soft launch of Crystal Maidens is here so grab your VPNs.

This games pretty unique and interesting in some ways but theres still a lot more that could have been done with this title. The games UI is pretty retard proof. Theres 15 girls to collect in total 4 of which are handed to you right from the start including 1 really ugly healer with glasses.

All them elemental stones we have been getting from the preregister are used to unlock H scenes for the girls. So if you are missing a specific girl you got a hard on for, feel free to hoard that element for her. From what I'm understanding, unlocking H scenes evolves or powers the girls up.
Strategy it seems is very simple. You place your girls behind the "green advancing line" and move them around the map as you see fit. The walls in each level are somewhat pointless cus you can legit pick your girls up and place them on the other side of any wall as long as your green line is far enough into the map. If you notice one of your girls is about to die, you can pick her up to move her some where else or even just hold on to her to prevent her from dying. If your girls do die, they will respawn 10-20 seconds later but you will not get 3 stars for clearing the map.

Your home base has a few buildings you can upgrade such as coin storage to hold more money, temple to earn more money from quests, barracks to hold more stamina, research facility to hold more skill points, item storage to hold more items and elemental camps to power up girls. In my opinion Coin storage is the most important to upgrade and the research facility is completely useless.
Each character has their own page where you can screw around with the gear there wearing, feed them skill points to upgrade their skills, and feed them stones to get them to drop their panties for you. you can upgrade gear as well but it cost coins and other gear as fodder, I think you get bonus exp on your gear if you use the same type of gear as fodder. You can hold 5 skill points initially and as you use them they will refill automatically every hour which is why I think the research facility is pretty gay.

There doesn't seem to be any multiplayer mode of any sort, not even a fake co op mode. Happy fapping people.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Crystal Maidens

I would like to give this one a chance, except I can't. I either get the error message that the server disconnected on the second loading screen or I get stuck on the first loading screen with the following error message: The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. I've tried it with Opera, Chrome, Firefox and even IE 11. So, yeah, so much for this one.

JimmyBob100

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The game seems pretty neat so far, though the total amount of available content at release seems fairly shallow. Also the stamina cap seems quite low, and only grows when you upgrade the Barracks; you don't get cap via leveling. I'm really not fond of games where I need to keep logging in every few hours.

In my opinion Coin storage is the most important to upgrade and the research facility is completely useless.
I have to disagree with this; Barracks (max stamina) and Temple (+% coins from missions) are the more important imo, Coin Storage should only be upgraded as needed to have the money to afford those two.

Research Facility (+Skillpoint cap) is useful if you are hitting the cap while not playing.

right from the start including 1 really ugly healer with glasses
fite me

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

In my opinion Coin storage is the most important to upgrade and the research facility is completely useless.

Last edited:

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Question to the people who managed to get in:

1) Are you using a VPN or just happen to live in one of the soft release target countries?

2) What browser are you using (preferably I'd need the version number as well)?

I'd really like to find out why the hell I can't access the game. I've been looking forward to this one for a while now, so it's quite irritating...

Keyen

Reputation score

I'm using Opera (Version: 45.0.2552.888). Free and unlimited VPN inside, so you can access the game without additionnel software if you are not from Canada/whatever. It works perfectly.

For your problem, did you try to install unity on your computer?

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm using Opera (Version: 45.0.2552.888). Free and unlimited VPN inside, so you can access the game without additionnel software if you are not from Canada/whatever. It works perfectly.

For your problem, did you try to install unity on your computer?
The built in Opera VPN doesn't work for me most of the time. I turn it on, then it notes "Connecting..." and then is stuck that way for all eternity. I can get it work like once in every three days at best. So, that's not an option. Currently I'm using and so far none of the games had any issues with it. I guess I could try a different one tomorrow, it's just annoying to set these up...

I have installed the Unity Webplayer. Still, if I go to their homepage it still notes that "Unity Plugin version: Not Installed." I'm using Firefox 53.0.3 (32 bit) as my main browser but my Opera (45) and Chrome (59.0.3) refuses to start it all the same.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The built in Opera VPN doesn't work for me most of the time. I turn it on, then it notes "Connecting..." and then is stuck that way for all eternity. I can get it work like once in every three days at best. So, that's not an option. Currently I'm using and so far none of the games had any issues with it. I guess I could try a different one tomorrow, it's just annoying to set these up...

I have installed the Unity Webplayer. Still, if I go to their homepage it still notes that "Unity Plugin version: Not Installed." I'm using Firefox 53.0.3 (32 bit) as my main browser but my Opera (45) and Chrome (59.0.3) refuses to start it all the same.
Restart your computer. Idk why but for whatever reason for me, the VPN only works the first time I launch Opera. If I close Opera then try logging on again the VPN stops working until I restart my computer.

OP
Angelic Berserker
Reputation score

"omg you upgraded coin storage before everything else your such a bad player"

not like theres a right way to play this overly simplified clone of dozens of ios games already on the market.

besides you upgrade a building what happens? the price of the next upgrade more than doubles. Its not crazy to assume "hey if I cant even hold the amount of gold I need to upgrade a building I better upgrade my coin storage or I wont be able to upgrade anything at all."

As for barracks and research facility, there both obvious luxury upgrades. until you actually run into levels that cost 25+ stamina you really don't need barracks, and unless your super OCD about not wasting skill points you don't need the research facility.
In fact if your one of those players who play 24/7 the research facility is the worst possible upgrade because it only serves its purpose when your offline.

In the end, everyone's going to upgrade everything anyway so honestly it doesn't matter.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"omg you upgraded coin storage before everything else your such a bad player"

not like theres a right way to play this overly simplified clone of dozens of ios games already on the market.

besides you upgrade a building what happens? the price of the next upgrade more than doubles. Its not crazy to assume "hey if I cant even hold the amount of gold I need to upgrade a building I better upgrade my coin storage or I wont be able to upgrade anything at all."

As for barracks and research facility, there both obvious luxury upgrades. until you actually run into levels that cost 25+ stamina you really don't need barracks, and unless your super OCD about not wasting skill points you don't need the research facility.
In fact if your one of those players who play 24/7 the research facility is the worst possible upgrade because it only serves its purpose when your offline.

In the end, everyone's going to upgrade everything anyway so honestly it doesn't matter.
Honestly, there's not a whole lot to worry about upgradewise. Leveling gets really slow later on so you'll likely max the buildings faster than you can level to unlock the next ones. I already got to the point where I have nothing else to upgrade other than elemental buildings.

OP
Angelic Berserker
Reputation score

I just cant believe they came out with yet another game that has no pvp. and that other new game there coming out with, narborian, thats just an older game that you can play on steam right now.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Restart your computer. Idk why but for whatever reason for me, the VPN only works the first time I launch Opera. If I close Opera then try logging on again the VPN stops working until I restart my computer.
Thanks, this actually solved the problem weirdly enough. I guess I'm just not going to shut down Opera between sessions from here on in. Restarting my computer half a dozen times per day is just way too much hassle.

So far I like this game. It sure will get grindy, but what I absolutely love is how fast you can use up your stamina bar. This might seem odd, but some of these games take ages to grind a single level. In this one you're done in 90 seconds for better or worse. Which means that this game might be a keeper, considering how little effort it takes on a daily basis, especially with a higher level stamina bar that can store up more. Oh, yeah, and having actual controllable gameplay sure helps. Just as not having PVP: PVP oriented titles tend to turn into some real P2W bullshit after a while, which I'm not fond of, considering that I can afford dropping like $20 on Nutaku every 2-3 months or so.

Keyen

Reputation score

Actually, because it's simplified, there is a right way to get the priority order. A game really complicated wouldn't be, by definition, simple.

Also, since you get a stamina refill on level up, for obvious reason, the barracks are useful even if you are playing H24/D7. And since nobody is really doing that, research facility are also useful.

Last edited:

JimmyBob100

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The game's 'free gacha every 7 hours' is a lie or bugged.

Either the actual timer is longer than 7 hours, or the time-to-next-roll is reset whenever you use your currently available rolls. Right now I strongly suspect its the latter.

Keyen

Reputation score

You need to refresh the page to get the next roll. It may be your problem. Didn't noticed anything else.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Man, they really should add the option to reroll, or at least reject daily quests. I got a quest to win 5 times with a marksman. The only such character in the game is Micah, whom I don't have, so now this stupid quest is permanently blocking a daily quest spot. I sent them send them a support ticket as feedback with this, hopefully they fix it when the game comes out properly, because this is some really annoying bullshit.

JimmyBob100

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I got a quest to win 5 times with a marksman. The only such character in the game is Micah, whom I don't have, so now this stupid quest is permanently blocking a daily quest spot.
Not only that, but she's a max rarity unit.

I also am stuck with that same quest and sent in a ticket. I also saved 500 gems from trophies, rolled legendary and got a marksman weapon.

Hurray. :|

xaxs

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I also am stuck with that same quest and sent in a ticket. I also saved 500 gems from trophies, rolled legendary and got a marksman weapon.

That's quite ironic.

I didn't get that quest yet and hopefully I won't... well we'll see.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I got the same quest the first day also. Although I was a bit luckier and rolled her with my 500 gems. <.<

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I'm 5 crystals short of pulling a premium roll, so let's hope for the best.

On another note, am I the only one for whom the "Have Fun?" trophy does not show any progression?

Edit: Nope, I did not get lucky. I got a sorcerer ring.

Last edited: