What's new

Announcement [Cocktail Soft] カクテル・ソフト 娘々台風 / Nyan Nyan Typhoon

frostwolfie

Lurker
Reputation score
This one is a mahjongg game translated into english. It's 4-way mahjongg, and features a heroine who gets screwed if she finishes last.

I think you have to mess with the INI on this one, to set the directory. There might be an EXE in it to do that... it's been a long time since I played.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nyan Nyan Typhoon

i'm getting some kind of "general protection fault error" so it closes the program when i open it. any ideas?

OP
F

frostwolfie

Lurker
Reputation score

I think the GPF is a symptom of not having the directory set properly in the INI file. You should be able to change it with Notepad.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

i honestly dont know how to do that though.

Ringlonn

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone got any idea on how the winner and loser are determined in this game? I mean I got all the opponents cash but they just keep playing?is there some strange trick in the winning or losing or does it just take half an eternity(something one does not want from a hentai game).

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone got any idea on how the winner and loser are determined in this game? I mean I got all the opponents cash but they just keep playing?is there some strange trick in the winning or losing or does it just take half an eternity(something one does not want from a hentai game).
The game being played is similar to Mahjongg, which is actually a popular betting game played in China/Japan. I'm not sure, but I think that there's more than one requirement for winning a round.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I have played mahjong a couple of times - it may be following the rules that the game doesn't end until everyone's deal has been broken, or maybe everyone gets to deal 4 times. Depends on the set of rules that you are playing. It is a very complicated game.

The roots of the game are based around rummy (making sets or runs) but there are lots of special hands you can aim for which score mega points, and depending on the nature of your win (certain things in your hand) you can get bonus points as well.

I'll download this and see if I can get it working and make a list of hints on how to play.

EDIT: Wow, rapidshare.de, haven't seen that site used over the .com one in a while...

OP
F

frostwolfie

Lurker
Reputation score

If I recall, you have to play a huge number of hands before the round is over. Going negative just puts you further behind, I think only your score compared to other players (i.e. first or last) matters.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Can't get it to run.. Looking at the Nyan2.Ini file, it would seem it's expecting there to be a directory or file at the path D:\temp3 but I haven't managed to change this to get the game to successfully run.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just clicked UPDINI and it worked :/

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

I will love anyone who makes it possible to just view the hentai in the game without having to play the game.

Reputation score

I'll give it a try. Just bear in mind that this game is really friggin' easy-boring (I just had over 200,000 G!), and I just got done playing for far too long, so it may take a day or two for me to get motivated to even look at this thing again. Heh...

OP
F

frostwolfie

Lurker
Reputation score

The CG is saved to the INI file in the form of passwords it fills in there.

I used to have them all, but I can't find the file now. Anyway, if you complete the game, you can just post the INI and have people drop it in their directory (and fix the path again) to get the CG.

Reputation score

Wait, there's a CG Mode?

Is that the red button on the main menu? I always thought that was a fancy quit button...

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

I wish I had learned to play mahjongg instead of chess...

Genome

Lurker
Reputation score

NOT. WORTH. THE. TIME.
Seriously, though, anyone have any idea how to play Mahjongg?

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Is it the same game where you have to match two squares to one another to remove them from the pile, and you can only select squares that aren't bound on left and right? I haven't downloaded the game or anything, but regular games of mahjong work on those principles!

Reputation score

Is it the same game where you have to match two squares to one another to remove them from the pile, and you can only select squares that aren't bound on left and right? I haven't downloaded the game or anything, but regular games of mahjong work on those principles!
Not at all. Here, here are the rules...

Quite frankly, I find that version of the game very boring compared to how the game is really played. This, at least to me, is much more interesting. Though, the solitaire version might be better suited to a game like this. Or at the very least, it would be better to do it one-on-one, like they do in this awesome game, which is what first prompted me to learn the rules of Mahjong.

Unfortunately, after playing a game like this, Nyan Nyan Typhoon, at least as an H-game, seemed slow and boring by comparison.

Last edited: