What's new

OOC Discussion thread

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
This thread will be where all out of character, concerns, questions, and ideals shall be handled.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC Discussion thread

As you might have noticed I intend to use characters/enemies from Raidy as well as mamono profile, which Phoenix was kind enough to help me work out in the earlier incarnation. If anyone has some pics of the bosses/enemies from Raidy II it would help a lot and be greatly appreciated.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Also the rules thread has been updated with the rules from the original game ran on Phoenix's old subforum. I will work on the enemies later and try to get them finished along with setting up the outside world.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I can get the pictures for and such for the enemies and prbably think up good traps on my own, but the killer is the statty business. I would greatly appreciate someone who is keen on that stuff's help please?

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Sorry, i only have this
LWR1

LWR2

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

That's okay, thanks. I already got all the pictures of bosses. At some point Ill put up the recurring enemies. I just have to figure out stats.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

I wouldn't be averse to attempting to help, but I've never had any experience with this sort of system, or with balancing stats.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I thought of having all the bosses and enemies from the first game be the first five dungeons, and maybe the bosses would be maybe 2-3 levels above the required characters level or current level and all the enemies would be of equal level if maybe not one level higher. So I just need to work on their abilities and work out their ability levels. The main enemies and bosses from Raidy II will be 6-10th level dungeons and encounters. So maybe try to remember the recommended level for fighting the bosses and divide it to the appropriate level?

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

That's a good one with level recommendations, though I feel like this game could do with a bit less grinding than was required in LWR.

Granted, the stats in this forum game seem not much like the ones in LWR, if only because there is much less HP and MP. I'm unsure how things should scale.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm so far the boss levels seem to be right for the game. I will just try to convert their stats into my formula and then divid their actual level by four making them just about the level I had in mind for this game. It's lazy I know, but I think it would be best and easiest to simply repeat that process for the Raidy II enemies and bosses. Thanks.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Bump.

Some minor stat work for the bosses.
Fonfon= 20hp
Sorceress=25hp
Tiss=30hp
Foless=35hp
Knight=40hp
Cubast=100hp

RaidyII
Suudeiau=20hp
Jura=30hp
Jami=40hp
Sorceress=50hp
Jai=50hp
Aderiamu (snake woman)=60hp
Junk=70hp
Gyafu=???
Kyamiri=70hp
Rejiri= 75hp
Foless=80hp
Tiss=80hp
FonFon=80hp
Tyamasu=90hp
Knight2=100hp
Shizuku=110hp
Rejiri2=120hp
Roozu=130hp
Harpy woman= 140hp
Gyafu Final= 300hp

Let me know if this looks okay for at least hp levels, Raidy 1 bosses- FonFon= level 1 or 2; Sorceress= level 2 or 3; Tiss= level 3 or 4; Foless= level 4 or 5; Knight Errant= level 5; Cubast= level 6 or 7.

Raidy II bosses- First 6 equals level 6 or 7; Next six equals level 7 or 8, last 6 equal levels 8-10; Gyafu Final equals level 13.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

Seems reasonable to me. I expect that if people make it through a floor of a dungeon they'll likely gain a level, unless they avoid combat or get unlucky and stumble upon the boss quickly. The bosses will likely be quite difficult, but they should be (they are bosses after all), and we can cross that bridge when we come to it and make balance adjustments later if necessary.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

ahright. All is left is for me work on the little enemies, the dungeons, traps, and the rest of the outside world.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

How about some more weapons? I'm thinking about making a spear girl

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

What's with all the Japlish names? You got something against the G-Collections translations?

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

No, it's just it's the names that were listed on a site where I found most of the picks. If you could send the translated correct names I will change them. IOW, I'm a lazy bum :p .

Also FYI, embarrassingly I have never really played Raidy II :eek: .

Last edited:
OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Sure. Just put the stats for it when you make your sheet, Kaka; as I said I'm lazy and don't feel like adding it in the rule thread XP

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I will add the polearms,etc in. Even holding the boss characters for later, I still have to compute all the stats and stuff for the enemies throughout the dungeons. >.<

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

More bumping from the gm :eek: I will probably have maps for outside areas and dungeons sometime this week when I finally remember to get some graph paper. This ISN'T dead, I've just been procrastinating and occupied with other RL stuff.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

UPDATE!: Last night I managed to draw up the first two floors of the first dungeon. I'll try to get the other four out before long, and try to get it scanned or something for me to put up later. After I should be ready to begin FINALLY. To all who made characters and showed interest in this project I thank you for your patience. :3